It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

Originally posted by senselessness

Originally posted by paratus
71 total people being shot

I think that is wrong. 71 people were not shot.

News update added it was 71 shot, 12 killed 59 injured.

That is what I heard too during the press conference.

71 shot, 12 deceased, 10 bodies still on scene.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

reply to post by theabsolutetruth

That has to be wrong... I think someone misheard, or misspoke. I was listening and didn't hear that.

I was listening and thats exactly what I heard......

link   

Originally posted by Finalized
For those pulling Columbine into this discussion, do you think it was a cut and dry case of two gunmen? I haven't researched Columbine in a long time, but I'll point you to this article: Anatomy of a School Shooting

From this same article, does it sound somewhat familiar?

Postscript: As the dust settled over Columbine High, other high-profile shootings would rock the nation: at schools, in the workplace, in a church, and - in Southern California's San Fernando Valley - at a Jewish community center where a gunman quickly identified as Buford Furrow opened fire on August 10, 1999. The man, who later would claim that his intent was to kill as many people as possible, had received extensive firearms and paramilitary training, both from the U.S. military and from militia groups.

Shooting in an enclosed area that was fairly heavily populated, Furrow fired a reported seventy rounds from his assault rifle. By design or act of God, no one was killed and only a handful of people were injured, including three children and a teenager. None of the injuries were life-threatening and all the victims have fully recovered. With a massive police dragnet descending on the city, Furrow fled, abandoning his rolling arsenal of a vehicle. Not far from the crime scene, he stopped to catch up on some shopping and get a haircut. Along the way, his aim having improved considerably, Furrow killed a postal worker in a hail of gunfire, for no better reason than because he was Asian and therefore "non-white."

At about this same time, Furrow car-jacked a vehicle from an Asian woman. Though this woman - besides being obviously non-white - was now a key witness who could place Furrow at the scene and identify the vehicle he had fled in, she was left shaken but very much alive. Having taken great risks to obtain her vehicle, Furrow promptly abandoned it, choosing instead to take a taxi.

In an unlikely turn of events, this taxi would safely transport Furrow all the way to Las Vegas, Nevada. Having successfully eluded one of the most massive police dragnets in the city's history (which had the appearance of a very well-planned training exercise), and having made it across state lines to relative safety, Furrow proceeded directly to the local FBI office to turn himself in.

edit on 7/20/2012 by Finalized because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Lone12

I've always thought the movie title of Dark Knight related to the Catholic concept of the dark night of the soul. It feels like a psyop to me, just like all the rest of the things that happen like this, something to traumatize masses of people. If we react to this, how will we react to something which really is a major deal on a massive scale(like 9-11).

The twist on the name Night/Knight makes me wonder if it is occultic/masonic as in Knights of Malta. Cathars./Templars....Dark Knight dark night of the soul
edit on 20-7-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

link   
One thing I can guarantee is that they will not find a motive:

12-16-92 Wayne Lo, 18, Simon's Rock College, Great Barrington, Massachusetts 2 dead, 4 wounded
"At the time I thought I did the right thing," he said recently. "But as I look back at it over time, more and more it doesn't make sense to me. And more and more I ask myself, Why? Why did I do it? I mean, Why?"

2-2-96 Barry Loukaitus, 14, Moses Lake, WA, Frontier Jr H.S. 3 dead, 1 wounded
"There are things in life we're never going to understand, and this case is one of those..."--His Attorney
"Barry never articulated a reason why he did what he did." --John Knodel, Grant County prosecutor who handled the case.

9-17-96 Jillian Robbins, 19, Penn State U, State College, PA 1 dead, 1 wounded
--when she was arrested, she answered repeatedly, "I don't know" when asked why she brought school violence back to PSU.

10-1-97 Luke Woodham, 16, and Grant Boyette, 19, Pearl, MS, Pearl H.S. 2 dead, 7 wounded
...(I) fought with myself because I didn't want to do any of it."

12-1-97 Michael Carneal, Paducah, KY, Heath H.S. 3 dead, 5 wounded
Carneal's home room teacher reported that Carneal did not seem to recognize what he had done."
--When ask why he did it, he said he didn't know.

3-24-98 Mitchel Johnson, 13, and Andrew Golden, 11, Jonesboro, AS, Westside Middle School 5 dead
--"Since that day, when the boys have been asked the same question(why did they shoot), they appeared not to be able to give an answer." Johnson: "I really thought that no one would actually be hurt."

4-24-98 Andrew Wurst 14, Edinborough, PA, Parker Middle School(at off-campus school dance) 1 dead, 3 wounded
--"Why did he do it? Andrew doesn't know, ...saying he had no reason of kill the teacher." "...no one...that evening could recall anything that might explain what happened. Andrew himself has no explanation."

5-22-98 Kip Kinkel, Springfield, OR, Thurston High School, 1 dead, 7 seriously wounded
--In police interview he repeated "over and over" that "I had no choice."
Q: Why did you go to school and start shooting people?
A: I had to. I had no other choice. I couldn't do anything else.

4-27-99 Todd Cameron Smith, Taber,  Alberta  W.R. Myers HS, 1 dead, 1 wounded
--In a signed police statement, the boy later said: "I have no particular reason for shooting the boys that I did. I don't know who any of them were."

5-20-99 T.J. Solomon, 15, Conyers, GA, Heritage High, 6 wounded-
--Upon handing the gun over(a teacher had convinced T.J. not to kill himself--the barrel was in his mouth)he started crying hysterically and said repeatedly "I don't know why I did this."

12-6-99 Seth Trickey, 13, Fort Gibson, OK, 4 wounded
--"He said 'I don't know' when asked why he did it."

2-14-01 Jeremy Getman arrested at Southside High School in Elmira, New York State
--He admitted that he intended to shoot students and teachers and toss bombs into crowds when he brought weapons to Southside High School on Valentine's Day. Police said they have no motive for what could have been a killing spree.

3-5-01 Charles 'Andy' Williams, Santana HS, San Diego County 2 dead, 13 wounded
--Williams was interrogated by detectives for about an hour after his arrest, and while prosecutor Anton declined to detail what he said, she indicated the statements may not explain why he opened fire.

3-25-06 Seattle Rave Slaying, WA 7 dead, 2 wounded
"There is nothing we would like to do more than find out why this tragedy took place," he said. "Unfortunately, we may never know." (Police spokesman Sean Whitcomb)

10-9-06 Memorial Middle School, Joplin, MO
--A 13-year-old student walked into the east side of Memorial Middle School, shooting wth a rifle.... (boy's attorney Chuck)Lonardo said the boy's motives and intentions remain unclear even to him after sitting in on juvenile authorities' interview of the boy after the shooting. "That's just it," Lonardo said. "We still don't know.

2-12-07 Suleiman Talovic, 18, SLC Trolley Square massacre, Salt Lake City, UT 5 dead, 4 wounded
--Salt Lake City police have finished their exhaustive investigation into the shooting rampage at Trolley Square, finding no real motive for 18-year-old Sulejman Talovic's killing spree. "I think it may have died with him," Salt Lake City Police Chief Chris Burbank said in an interview Sunday with the Deseret Morning News.

1-24-09 Portland Niteclub Shooting
"We may never know the reasons that Ayala shot into a crowd of innocent people and took his own life," Detective Ken Whattam said.

link   
reply to post by Valhall

I misread it, good to know. Sorry.

Because they could have been armed but weren't and this is so much like Canada, unarmed people shot at by thugs and militia.

But there are several pieces that don't add up. The UN gun treaty. The movie with a trailer like this. The girl from Toronto shooting now dead. Coincidence? Or sleepers being carted around?
edit on 20-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

So classifying all gun owners as on meds? Thats a little steep dont you think? I own guns and Im not on meds of any kind, so I and others like me have to lay down and submit to live in your perfect world?

Take account last week not far from where I live a husband suffering from depression rigged his water heater to blow, at 3 am it blew and killed him, his wife and their 19 year old daughter. So by your logic we should confiscate all water heaters from said US citizens also. The problem is not the device but the "Individual" that has control over device.

But to matters at hand, its sad and tragic for all that were involved is this.

link   
This is a heart-breaking tragedy. It's possible that one distressed psycho perpetrated this heinous act for no other reason than he is sick and/or evil. In a country with 350,000,000 people, we can expect such things now and then, but when it happens, we are all sickened by it and some will knee-jerk.

However, since it is an election year; we just had the Fast and Furious debacle; the UN Small Arms Trade Treaty negotiations are taking place even as I type this; China and other UN countries are pushing hard for the US to move on stronger controls of citizens' access to small arms; and we have an administration whose philosophy is "never let a good tragedy go to waste", you can bet your bottom dollar this event will explode into a movement to readdress gun control in a much bigger way and with a louder volume.

Stay awake and conscious of ulterior motives.
edit on 20-7-2012 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

link   
They say James Holmes was a medical student.

www.newser.com...
edit on 20-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

Holmes was a student at the University of Colorado School of Medicine in Denver until last month, spokeswoman Jacque Montgomery said. She did not know when he started school or why he withdrew.

edit on 20-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

No...

I knew I heard correctly. "12 were shot dead, and 59 were hurt." That is what the Police Cheif said... I was listening...

www.nbcdfw.com...

People are adding the 12 + 59 and claiming that 71 were shot. However, there was explosives and shrapnel and tear gas.. I think people were hurt by other things, not just gun shots. There was not 71 shot.

Wow, crappy reporting by some websites, and people parrot it all over.
edit on 20-7-2012 by senselessness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

To be fair the initial reports were probably from people in the theater that got out or someone that saw him...

Many people dont know the difference between the type of rifles.......

It also makes sense that the body/injured count would go up, after initial reports.....because they have had more time to assess everything and contact those injured and the hospitals........

Its not a conspiracy, its the typical process of gathering information over time........thats how investigations are done

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
On the 9news live stream....

They are evacuating the campus research buildings were the suspect worked. Said it is precautionary to make sure he didn't leave anything behind.

link   

Originally posted by OneisOne

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

I think that is wrong. 71 people were not shot.

News update added it was 71 shot, 12 killed 59 injured.

That is what I heard too during the press conference.

71 shot, 12 deceased, 10 bodies still on scene.

Yep, and the 10 bodies on the scene would explain the other thread argument about whether there are / were bodies on scene.

link   
Once and for all, this is not a case for gun control.

That guy was a thug or agent or Mkultra sleeper.

The people were unarmed and it went over just like this does in Canada. We can't be armed! Thugs and militia are armed only.

In Canada, if you're being raped and you use bear spray or mace, you get a longer sentence than the rapist, he may be on a bracelet even and you get 7 or 8 years. Make sense??? NO!!!!!! Period!!!!!
This is actually a case for arming all citizens and training them well and responsibly.

In fact I would never want a weapon, NOW I DO! AND WILL BE ARMED AND TRAINED SOON WITH SOMETHING.

link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by Finalized

Why does that surprise you? Eyewitness testimony is notorious for being all over the map. In the heat of the moment people see things and can't remember what they saw or perhaps made a mistake in what they observed.

Yep, early reports may just be people's observations that may be wrong or innacurate. As more info. comes out these reports are proved to be true or not.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

of them:
10 dead on scene
3 dead in hospital/in transit

1 hit in adjacent theater

ballistic full outfit
head to toe including groin and neck

Well that should silence those in here that think they are america's next top shot.. there's nobody with a concealed carry that would have taken him down.. police would have even had trouble taking him down since they are far less protected, and even outgunned since he had an assault rifle.. he gave himself up peacefully fortunately.

Do you understand how much force is exerted on a target at close range?
45 will most likely penetrate at that range.
I don't care how much armor he has, how teary my eyes are.
2 or 3 shots in the head would put him down at 20 yards.
Even if it were only from concussion/knockout.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by senselessness

The guy on the BBC news here at the end of the report added in a 'newsflash' way that they had just received an update from the FBI saying it was 71 shot including 12 killed.

Here it is again from Fox, the Colorado police chief said so

fox8.com...

Aurora, Colorado, Police Chief Dan Oates said at a press conference on Friday afternoon that in all 71 people were shot.

edit on 20-7-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Lone12

I've always thought the movie title of Dark Knight related to the Catholic concept of the dark night of the soul. It feels like a psyop to me, just like all the rest of the things that happen like this, something to traumatize masses of people. If we react to this, how will we react to something which really is a major deal on a massive scale(like 9-11).

The twist on the name Night/Knight makes me wonder if it is occultic/masonic as in Knights of Malta...Dark Knight dark night of the soul

I thought it was in a way flagging the three nights of darkness that were to come at the end of times. This was the third and final dark k/night.

taglines is 'A fire will rise'

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
It says that the killer shot a canister - which means he had this big gun which shoots tear gas canisters. Then what? He dropped it and pulled an assault rifle out of his sack and started to shoot, and then he resorted to shotgun broadsides of grape shot?

Two guns and one launcher and body armor and gas-mask, he operated all that?

In that crowd exposed to such gunfire, with tear gas in their eyes and throats, how many survivors could actually see and swear it was just one man there?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by Valhall

I misread it, good to know. Sorry.

Because they could have been armed but weren't and this is so much like Canada, unarmed people shot at by thugs and militia.

But there are several pieces that don't add up. The UN gun treaty. The movie with a trailer like this. The girl from Toronto shooting now dead. Coincidence? Or sleepers being carted around?

Mr. Patsy you are under my spell. When you see a woman that looks like this, you will pull out your gun and empty and shoot all the people you can in the theater.

Then they call the girl. Hey do you think you could go to this movie and send us an editorial review of it. thanks.

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join