It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by 08051962
reply to post by CX

PS: TO YOU "PEOPLE" MAKING JOKES: CHILDREN HAVE BEEN INJURED AND KILLED. HOW CAN YOU LAUGH ABOUT THAT?

Actually it happens everyday, the only difference is it is seems it is ok when the children are brown.
At least the police are not urinating on the bodies.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by HumanPLC

So true, i just heard them speaking to one of the witnesses on the 9 news live feed and he claims that some people are saying that this is a potential terrorist attack.

It may well be a terror attack. It could be some right wing loon with political extremist views. By committing violence to further his cause or beliefs, that is in essence what terrorism is. Or are you referring to what some Americans see as the only form of terrorism, the Islamic extremist kind?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I agree with you 100%. No matter what their ideological or political motivation, some things are just totally wrong and will always be totally wrong.

I hope the perp/s rot in hell.

Mike

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I posted this on another post for the same thing. Audio from the police dept. on the search if interested.

www.radioreference.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kastogere
reply to post by edaced4

I wasn't joking about dead kids, or dead people...I was joking about the movie being so bad that it would drive someone to do this, don't you guys understand what a punchline is?

Some people are just ultra sensetive and just cannot handle anything without their pills.
Thank goodness for the 1st amendment.
And the 2nd, that could have prevented this tragedy.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
You know just recently on yahoo, and whether it hold anything of value but the Dark Knight appeared to have bad reviews and was real low in the box office. Was this ploy to get the ratings up? I'll have to find it again.
edit on 20-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike

Originally posted by xrevxoltx
[snipped ] This is my first thread, and I didn't immediately see the breaking general news forum. This looked like the next best place.

Mods, please move this thread if it doesn't belong here.

I've written to the mods and asked if they can move your thread to the appropriate forum. I've also asked if they'll consider closing other threads as yours was first and in a story like this it's best to have everything in one place.

Back OT:
From the reports coming in this seems to have been a well-coordinated attack with multiple shooters, who reportedly used tear gas before opening fire. This strongly suggests the shooters have an understanding of certain military tactics. I'd be very appreciative if any members with military experience could offer their take on it -- especially Marines and those who served in other units where they would have been trained in how best to make surprise attacks.

Many thanks,

Mike

The police statement is still talking about a single gunman in a single event. They are investigating the thought of multiple shooters but they don't think so.. No evidence according to them of anything your mentioning.

as for military tactics, everyone can google it and look at youtube scenes from iraq and afganistan.. or even hollywood movies that use military/police instructors to make a movie realistic..

link   
reply to post by 08051962

PS: TO YOU "PEOPLE" MAKING JOKES: CHILDREN HAVE BEEN INJURED AND KILLED. HOW CAN YOU LAUGH ABOUT THAT? WHAT IF IT WERE YOUR OWN KIDS, SIBLINGS, OR KIN? BET YOU WOULDN'T BE LAUGHING ABOUT THAT WOULD YOU?

I second this

link   

link   
reply to post by CX

The comparison is not really there. Our limiting of gun ownership, quite clearly, prevents this almost monthly scale of killing. I guarantee you if the UK made the possession of handguns and assault weapons legal and widespread more people would be being murdered in the UK.

You should not hand these kinds of mass killing weapons over to potentially thousands of deranged people. Saying that I suppose the same could be said with our politicians and the military, the difference is we are not at the ends of those weapons.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
reply to post by CX

The comparison is not really there. Our limiting of gun ownership, quite clearly, prevents this almost monthly scale of killing. I guarantee you if the UK made the possession of handguns and assault weapons legal and widespread more people would be being murdered in the UK.

You should not hand these kinds of mass killing weapons over to potentially thousands of deranged people. Saying that I suppose the same could be said with our politicians and the military, the difference is we are not at the ends of those weapons.

It is your right to feel insecure, I will keep my right to not.
In my country, we accept this bargain.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
The RT article ive linked before has also been updated, Here's the recent

www.rt.com...

An apartment building was evacuated after the suspect told police there were explosives planted there following his apprehension. So far police have failed to find any traces of the alleged bombs.

Police responding to the shooting evacuated the area over fears that an explosive device might be on the premises.

The FBI is considering raising the national security level nationwide following the shooting, Sky News says citing its sources.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I would be upset, might even shed a tear.....but I wouldn't really care if someone cracked a joke...thats their right...no skin off my rear. Hell if its funny I might even laugh.

I still don't think your fully getting it......and this while tragic, should serve as a reminder to the complacent. Other than that I don't really care. Im programmed to react to certain stressful senerios. You want to frown on me for being warped? Blame Uncle Sam its his fault.

If others would have just let the joke go, I wouldn't be p*ssin you guys off having to explain further would I?

NTA: I am legitimately upset if any children dies they are innocent and dont deserve such a thing..that actually would anger me greatly. But adults? Come on......they're adults....they should know that America isn't safe anymore. Those who live in bubbles for too long will eventually have that bubble pop.

edit on 20-7-2012 by Kastogere because: (no reason given)

link   
Watching the news in my area ABC

reporters say search warrants have been issued for the suspects apartment.

The suspect said there are explosives inside his residence.

link   
Just a hunch, but I hear that criminals still find a way to get guns in the UK. Unfortunately, the "bobbies" then have no way to equalize the fight.

But, of course, making something illegal always aids in eliminating it from society. I mean, check out marijuana use in America. It's practically non-existent.
edit on 20-7-2012 by AntoniusBlock because: (no reason given)

link   
Suspect is a young man in his early 20s
apprehended in the REAR of the theatre
He had a rifle and a handgun and another gun
No knife

(CNN)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I really want to make a joke about ticket prices, but I think I'll refrain. I doubt it would be received well judging by previous joke reactions.

I have a friend in a Denver 'burb on the west edge, I hope she & her kids didn't meet up with a friend in Aurora for the movie. She may have, but then again, she may have stuck closer to home. I hope to hear from her soon, I'm very worried right now for her & her family.

I've been eyeballing the Denver area as a relocation spot for several years. This just reminds me that there are unpredictable, lousy, worthless people no matter where you go anymore

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
reply to post by CX

Why does this have to be about guns/gun control in the US? Do we know what kind of weapons were used? Was it one lone person using a handgun? Was it several people using rifles? We just don't know! Unless of course I've missed something...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Was this ploy to get the ratings up?

What? Get the ratings up? No dude. People were shot. It's really happening.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join