It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Or what he said:

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
I wonder if they have any government/federal programs in the department of neuro science where he was a student?
Drug trails?Hypnosis maybe?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by marinesniper0317

It would have been nice if someone could have killed him as soon as it was obvious he was going to start threatening people. Someone that full of hate NEEDS to be put out of their misery, like a dog with rabies or something, just put him down.

He looks like part elf. Smart, fairly attractive, thin, educated, a vet - jeez he had SO much going for him.
I don't want to yell psy-op until I know more about him- but it does seem just TOO weird.

The biggest thing...when you are intelligent you can cover up your mental illness, and when you decide to do something bad, you do it efficiently.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The shooter has a degree in Neuroscience, a cognitive and behavioral discipline. I just find this interesting.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by coven83
I grew up in Aurora and used to work in this theatre. It makes me very sad. this is going to be used to push more gun control, and TSA in malls and theatres.

With as bad as the economy currently is, to put tsa at malls would just be financial suicide for the merchants.
I along with many friends would never consent to a search to go shopping or see a movie.
It is waaay too easy to buy anything online and avoid the metal detectors/body scanners.

link   
I had no idea so many psychologists posted at ATS. A lot of you just have this guy figured out already.

/sarcasm

link   
This event also seems to be almost predicted or just flaunted on the DIA ( Denver International Airport) mural.

A man in a trench coat, wearing a gas mask, killing a bunch of people. If you follow the image through as a type of time line you see at the end they are burning all the weapons....like this event will lead to the destruction of the second amendment.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by paratus
I absolutely could have placed 8 of 9 shots of .380 on target in a theater.
Shooting down from above the target below the seating would be better as well.
Although I have a crimson trace laser that I'm not sure I would have used it during a gas attack due to revealing my location.

More carry permits equals a safer public...

And that concealed weapon could very well save your life or someone else's one day.. but suggesting you would have had the frame of mind to draw your weapon and shoot him ( moving target ) 8 or 9 times on target from across the dark, tear gas filled theater with people running around in panic is pure ego.. I doubt you could have even seen him from across the theater with two teargas canisters having been let off .. let alone reliably hit him without risk of killing an innocent teenage kid.

link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

But maybe if you get groped or you go threw the body scanner you then get a coupon for a discount on your food.

link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I've heard that hypothetical many times, but I've NEVER heard of it happening in real life. I've heard of cops shooting each other. Happened right here in Florida at a football game a couple of years ago, but I've never heard of two CCW civilians shooting each other by mistake.

I've never heard of a CCW with a private citizen becoming a factor either way in a situation where it would be so many bad factors at once. The Theater takeover in Moscow is a similar ...but not really, that was a group and organized as a paramilitary attack.

The shooting a few years back in a Utah shopping mall had a citizen but as I recall, he turned out to be an Off-Duty something.... hat was also bright lighting, open spaces and clear visibility. Everything this situation wasn't. I think this scenario would give even cops a nightmare or two.

Oh, there is one other thing that comes to mind...and it's a huge one. Again..crowded theater here and a gun in your hand in a situation where it makes perfect sense. Lets assume you're right and no mistaken identities or any other scenarios.........

What are you exiting TO....with that gun in your hand? The armed response outside sure didn't get a memo on who was good or bad..and you see what that might get to in less time than it took me to type it.

link   
all the conspiracy theories already

you guys need to calm down. Mind control? hired Gun? yeeesh

people snap and loose it and go on these sprees, its happened before in Colorado
If he was hired for one target he wouldn't have done such a sloppy job and you can hire a real professional for that. there was no need to massacre a theater full of people.

Mind control? seriously? there are way better ways to test mind control than to go out and have a public massacre, plus mind control would be less reliable than hiring a professional assassin.

You guys should be locked up right next to that guy

just like virginia tech, columbine, and the norway massacre. Crazy people with guns. the real issue is how to keep crazy people from having guns

link   
reply to post by queenofswords

Even if he did not recognize his own psychosis - he was surrounded by those that should have. I would bet there will be a long list of warning signs and people with big regrets for not raising a red flag on this one.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

You might be right, who knows?

I only know I wouldn't have joined the crowd of victims funnelling into a nice easy kill room. My little carry gun is not accurate enough beyond about 25 feet to use it in a crowd, that is for sure. Not even with the laser sight. But, I'd rather be hunkered down, gun in hand, and knowing where the shooter was, than to be part of a crowd bottlenecked at an exit, not knowing where the shooter was.

I still don't see how there is any excuse for a single person to be able to shoot 50+.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Would he really risk putting a gun and gas mask outside an emergency exit during opening night? Outside an emergency exit is OUTSIDE otherwise its not much of an emergeny exit. So he placed the guns, armor, mask, and grenades outside by an emergency exit, gave the ticket at the front, got a phone call, opened the emergency door without the alarm going off, suited up either inside the theatre or outside the building, came back in somehow without tripping the fire alarm again, and then rather than espace through his tactical emergency door he goes up the aisle towards the middle and more dangerous part of the building to eventually give himself up voluntarily. Ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by coven83

can you post a link to that mural?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Originally posted by coven83
I grew up in Aurora and used to work in this theatre. It makes me very sad. this is going to be used to push more gun control, and TSA in malls and theatres.

With as bad as the economy currently is, to put tsa at malls would just be financial suicide for the merchants.
I along with many friends would never consent to a search to go shopping or see a movie.
It is waaay too easy to buy anything online and avoid the metal detectors/body scanners.

Exactly!! If they can get you to stop going out and shopping then the economy is gonna get worse. Americans lose jobs because no one will go get groped to buy stuff.

So everyone just stays home and shops online, which all of these products are foreign made so even more money is lost.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofswords

I woke up this morning thinking I wanted to ask ATS members if it were true that the more intelligent you were, the more likely you were to be easily hypnotized.

What university was it that was involved in the psyops for the CIA where they made the school materials to radicalize the muslims in Afghanistan during the war with Russia? Some say it is why the Taliban is so crazy today- but wasn't that Colorado? I can't remember. Might show CIA ties there tho. That would all be based on crazy cognitive psychologicial Frankenstein science. Didn't those materials come out of Colorado? I can't remember exactly, maybe someone will.

link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

You might be right, who knows?

I only know I wouldn't have joined the crowd of victims funnelling into a nice easy kill room. My little carry gun is not accurate enough beyond about 25 feet to use it in a crowd, that is for sure. Not even with the laser sight. But, I'd rather be hunkered down, gun in hand, and knowing where the shooter was, than to be part of a crowd bottlenecked at an exit, not knowing where the shooter was.

I still don't see how there is any excuse for a single person to be able to shoot 50+.

Well on that I agree.. if you were someone in that theater with a gun on you, the best thing you could do is take cover with your weapon ready to fire.. A previous poster brought up a very good point though, you better make sure that when the police come charging that your gun is NOT visible because they at that point wouldn't know who was friend or foe .. they see you with a gun in hand in a room with 12 dead bodies.. it might not end well.

link   
Television is another mind altering drug that is poisoning our youth.

Death, Destruction and Human Misery is common place here
Look into "Flicker Rate Hypnosis"

link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I don't care if you're trained and calm as a cucumber.. but most gun owners aren't and most rarely fire them off .. at least those I know.. regardless..

There is a difference between a gun "owner" and someone that regularly carries a gun on their person.

To be honest, it is difficult to carry a gun everyday. You have to keep it concealed, you have to keep it secured, you have to give up a little comfort. You don't want it falling out in the middle of a meeting, or leaving it in a bathroom stall.

People who carry guns regularly are VERY familiar with their gun.

I agree with you that most gun "owners" are probably ill-equipped to use a gun in a tense situation, but people that might actually have carried one into a theatre are probably much more reliable to use it in that situation.

If you haven't been in a combat situation with the level of crowd panic and gore your gun control skills aren't going to suddenly make you calm and collected like a navy seal...even if your an expert in handling and using your gun. Your expertise in the use of a tool doesn't coincide with your ability to handle a situation so unpredictable, horrifying and rare.

link   
reply to post by FuturePeace

Well that' what main stream media would love for everyone to think. Now hand in your guns please.

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join