It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Is it true that the Batman movie portrays the OWS crowd in a negative light I may have found something.
edit on 113131p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

I guess you could stretch to that, especially if you were mentally unstable and involved with the Occupy movement. Basically Bane spreads chaos by rallying the "have nots" against the "haves" and reeks destruction on the "haves". That's the short version of it.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
What kind of punishment we looking @ here? Life in prison or we talking capital punishment? Not too clued up on the law this county..

Regards Jay

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by senselessness
Here is a picture of James Holmes, the killer...

edit on 20-7-2012 by senselessness because: (no reason given)

Fox is reporting this guy was in a graduate PHD program and recently withdrew. Also, he'd recently been at UCLA or something?? So this wasn't some down and out nut case.....he was a high level student at the end of a doctorate program????

This is making less and less sense on the surface. Something tells me the full story is going to be something else.... Right now though, I'm just sorry they took him alive. Some times, that's an unfortunate thing.

link   

Is it true that the Batman movie portrays the OWS crowd in a negative light I may have found something.

Nothing about the OWS crowd in the movie although

*SPOILERS*

Bane does tell the people of Gotham that it's time to overthrow the wealthy and that it's time for everyone to have a taste of the riches that only a select few have been able to have and all the rich and wealthy are rounded up and "tried"

There are parallels for sure... but not quite the OWS guys.

link   

Originally posted by olaru12

And now the "copy cats".... also looking for their 15 min.

Was he bullied? Was this a reaction to his environment?

I think this tragedy has some underlying questions that will be hidden and never answered.

He was apparently a Ph.D candidate and worked at a nearby medical center according to several news reports.. really odd

I also find it particularly strange that he didn't resist arrest, didn't try to fight at all and even told authorities he had bomb materials in his apartment.. his mother said "you got the right man" so she obviously knew something more about her son to be so confident.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Tweets from theater

Editor's note: Follow HLN's social accounts on Facebook and Twitter to share your thoughts on the Colorado shooting. Also, HLN's live blog has the very latest developments in this story.

From giddy excitement for being one of the first to screen the "The Dark Knight Rises," to stark terror, people inside the movie theater told the story of when a gunman went on a deadly shooting rampage in Aurora, Colorado. Below are a sampling of tweets:

9:31 PM: @ZachEtake38: Everyone's dressing up as Batman, im going dressed as Bruce Wayne... Albeit a short stubby unsexy Bruce Wayne #CouldntFindBatmanMaskInTime

11:25 PM: @JuJubee__13: It's going to be a good night! (@ Century Aurora 16 for The Dark Knight Rises w/ 6 others) 4sq.com...

12:47 PM: @ZachEtake38: In 5 hours.... A fire will rise... No jokes here, too damn excited #TDKR

1:02 AM: @BlessedDisciple: Woww Someone Just Shot Up This Batman Movie. . I Literally Just Seen A Little Girl Get Carried Out With Bullet Wounds Smh The Nerve Of Ppl.

1:03 AM: @ZachEtake38: Have just evacuated our theater in Aurora. There was a shooting in our auditorium. I am safe

1:19 AM: @JME817: Movie theater just got shot up while we were watching Batman. I'm ok a little freaked out. Walking to Isaac's house with a group of friends.

1:30 AM: @B_Dozier: I hope the pregnant lady & little kids plus the babies are okay!

1:37 AM: @dingos8myTARDIS: Oh God, I don't know what to do.

1:37 AM: @dingos8myTARDIS: @LustInLove Yes. It was my theater. I'm outside, one of my friends is still inside. No one knows what's going on.

1:42 AM: @JuJubee__13: Shooting at aurora movie theater #freakingout :/

1:47 AM: @JME817: Saw three different people who had been shot but hear there are a lot more.

1:49 AM: @B_Dozier: I'm happy my seat was by the exit in the back , so that i wasn't running towards the front to them.

2:03 AM: @ZachEtake38: I know I saw one man with blood running down his hands being carried into a cop car

2:11 AM: @Romey_24: Not doin Century ever again. Could of been me. instagr.am...

2:14 AM: @ZachEtake38: a bit shaken up at the moment. not gonna lie, that was extremely terrifying

2:21AM: @AWWillie: 2 friends lost tonight, in tears right now.

2:25AM: @AWWillie: friend Sean my dads friend kid & Nick. & hopefully not Louis
((

2:35AM: @AWWillie: My dads crying, thats the first time sense my mom died.

2:45 AM: @dingos8myTARDIS: They're putting us in a bus to a nearby high school now. #aurora #batman #shooting

3:02AM: @AWWillie: Louis was shot multipul times. Once in the neck. About 1 hr ago they finally let his mom to see him, HE IS ALIVE IS OK. #GODBLESSAMERICA

3:05 AM: @dingos8myTARDIS: Thank you for your prayers, everyone. Alex is still missing.

3:12 AM: @JME817: We did see bullet holes n the left side wall of our Theater 8. Sounded like someone setting off fire crackers n our theater. #aurorashooting

3:14 AM: @JME817: Now I'm thinking it was bullets coming through the wall from 9 causing smoke and fire cracker sounds. #aurorashooting #batman #shootng

4:31 AM: @B_Dozier: this has changed my life forever.

4:32 AM: @B_Dozier: all I want to know is why?

4:43 AM: @Romey_24: I seen some things no human being should witness ever in his/her life.

5:24 AM: @PeterBurnsRadio: Devastated. Lost a very close friend in the shooting last night. @JessicaRedfield came to Denver to pursue sports career. I'm shaking

5:43 AM: @AmandaKost: Just spoke w/ family in tears. Looking for son who went to midnight screening, hasn't answered calls. "He always answers" #TheaterShooting

6:04 AM: @JME817: So lucky. We went to 8 instead. instagr.am...

6:13 AM: @Nicole80017: I was a kid during Columbine but it feel like that again.

7:09 AM: @dingos8myTARDIS: I'm okay, back at my friend's house now. We're all valuing our lives and the sunrise. To those offering prayers, I thank you again

link   

Originally posted by ototheb85
What kind of punishment we looking @ here? Life in prison or we talking capital punishment? Not too clued up on the law this county..

Regards Jay

Capital punishment seems to be legal in Colorado though I think the last time the state executed anyone was 1997:

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 20-7-2012 by Lannister because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by gwynned
Why does everyone believe this ridiculous story? Seems completely made up to me and, as usual in these made up stories, lots of contradictory stories. He's white, he's not; Tennessee plates, Colorado plates. And I've listened to a couple of interviews and they simply don't make sense.

Is the Joker behind this? Some kind of publicity stunt?

Shooting imitates scene from 1986 Batman comic book...
WARNER BROS SHOWED PREVIEW WITH SCENE OF GANGSTER SHOOTING UP THEATER...

Coincidence?

You, sir ... are an idiot.

No publicity stunt. No joke. You're a deplorable human being and not worthy of the air you breathe for even insinuating that in a case where we have at least 14 dead people.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

I guess you could stretch to that, especially if you were mentally unstable and involved with the Occupy movement. Basically Bane spreads chaos by rallying the "have nots" against the "haves" and reeks destruction on the "haves". That's the short version of it.

I see, my son told me something similar.

link   

Where were those "good" gun owners that could stop him? Why we never hear about some beast starting to shoot people, and then being killed by some bystander with gun?

It's the law in most state's that firearms are not allowed in theaters, even if you hold a CWP or CCL.

It's also law, in every state AFAIK, that if there's any notice in the entry way of a private establishment that weapons are not allowed, you may not carry beyond that point, again, even if you hold a CWP or CCL else you are considered to be committing felony trespassing.

If you ever come to the states, look for these notices. As anyone who has taken carry classes and subsequently attempts to carry, you realize 99% of all businesses have this posting, and in order to obey you must leave the gun at home or in the car.

So to answer your question; all of the "good" gun owners were just that, obeying the gun control laws the anti-gun lobby has imposed and thus were not carrying in the theater as it's against the law and 99% of CCL and CWP owners obey the law to a higher degree than hippie anti-gun illicit pharmaceutical and contraband using weasels. The good people of the US that carry had their hands tied long before this man's brain short circuited. Anti-gun laws didn't kill anyone last night, but they sure as hell didn't save any lives that with out those laws may have been saved either. That much is fact. That's the answer to your completely ignorant and fear soaked attitude.

A lot of good those anti-gun laws did for the several dead and wounded here. More anti-gun laws won't help, it'll just result in more dead at the will of insane men next time; as has always been the case here in the US.

Now my turn to ask the question:
Where were your anti-gun laws here to save these people? Why didn't they keep this lunatic from carrying into a theater and mass murdering innocents?

link   
reply to post by Lannister

Cheers pal I will check it out

link   

Originally posted by neoholographic
I bet he's a member or he supports Occupy Wall Street. The whole movie Dark Knight Rises is about revenge on people who live a good life. The whole class warfare movement is about blaming others for your failure.

Look at what Catwoman says to Bruce Wayne in the trailer starting at the 40 second mark.

www.youtube.com...
Coward wasnt shooting Bankers or Brokers that make you broke.Soft inoccent victims enjoying a night out at the cinema.May they rest in peace.An there reletives an loved ones be given space an time to greif...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
MK ULTRA
?? ?????

edit on 20-7-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: edit

link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by senselessness
Here is a picture of James Holmes, the killer...

edit on 20-7-2012 by senselessness because: (no reason given)

Fox is reporting this guy was in a graduate PHD program and recently withdrew. Also, he'd recently been at UCLA or something?? So this wasn't some down and out nut case.....he was a high level student at the end of a doctorate program????

This is making less and less sense on the surface. Something tells me the full story is going to be something else.... Right now though, I'm just sorry they took him alive. Some times, that's an unfortunate thing.

Where'd the photo come from I wonder? .. I've been following news sites all day and they said no photos have been released yet to the media.. might want to be 100% certain .. they already mis-identified another guy on facebook

link   
If just one of the victims had been packing this whole thing may have been avoided! If you are law abiding honest etc.. please do your duty and apply for a CCP! This kind of thing would never happen if an armed response was expected!

The threat of instant death is a powerful motivator and would go a long way to ending this kind of nightmare! My prayers go out to all those effected! What a dark day!

This is how these things should play out!

edit on 20-7-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
1 navy service member and 2 airforce reservists among the injured. They are still alive at this time.

Apartment is confirmed as "very sophisticated" booby-trapped. It will take 2 hours to several days to disarm.

link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
If just one of the victims had been packing this whole thing may have been avoided! If you are law abiding honest etc.. please do your duty and apply for a CCW! This kind og thing would never happen if an armed response was expected!

A person with a CWP and a gun would have been violating the law themselves. The theater doesnt allow firearms on the premises.

link   
He was studying neuroscience, maybe trying to figure out whats wrong with his brain.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

It never happened.

LLE ended up taking over.

See how that happens?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by flyswatter

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
If just one of the victims had been packing this whole thing may have been avoided! If you are law abiding honest etc.. please do your duty and apply for a CCW! This kind og thing would never happen if an armed response was expected!

A person with a CWP and a gun would have been violating the law themselves. The theater doesnt allow firearms on the premises.

Keep it hidden! I guarantee you that those who lost loved ones would do anything to go back and carry a sidearm into that theater!

The cat is already out of the bag! Just as this guy made his explosives he would have made his guns if they were not available! Just look on YouTube if you have any doubt about people's ability to make very sophisticated arms! The best defense is to match the threat! If just one in 3 carried this kind of thing would end!

edit on 20-7-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join