It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It's a popular movie and a lot of people want to see it. It becomes a symbol for society.
Then also, movie prices are expensive. My first thought was - was this guy unemployed or unable to go to the theater?

See, I know a lot of kids 16-20 that could not afford to go even if they really, really wanted to. These kids can't afford to go to the mall to hang out.

I'm not trying to be at all flippant, it makes me feel horrible this happened, but when I heard it had, I really thought that I was surprised popular events that are - by way of the economy - now closed to so many young people for all practical purposes - are not seeing more random violence, muggings, ect.

People just have such a limited view of EVERYTHING. I'm sure I'm one, but I hear all these people talking and I hear so much anger and I hear people - all the freaking time - out in PUBLIC - say - I can't wait til people start shooting.

As a society we are so screwed up because we HATE each other. Red against blue, the self against society....people just saying - all the TIME "I hate people"...I am so sick of it. I LOVE people. It makes me sick.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Let Freedom Ring!!!

Ok, now that we got our patriotic mating yells out of the way, let's get real.

Considering how many authority agencies there are, why does everyone assume it is TSA and not FBI, HS, CIA,NSA, whatever.

And if anyone tries to work FEMA into this, I will scream.

Obviously you people don't understand LE agencies to even comment.

HS was developed to give your locals the tools and funds to handle crises such as these. That means all your local LE now have a emergency response program, and people trained just for terrorist or bioattacks.

Which is why the reports have been that the police responsed really well, because they have been given the means to train for more of these incidents.

Now what the FEDS will do is question the FBI on why they didn't have information on this guy. And how did he manage to keep under the radar.

With your knee jerk reaction to everything FED, and giving the FEDS amazing imaginary powers, you forget that the local law enforcement do have plenty to say about what happens.

Your locals have more clout than you think. I have personally seen it.

and you forget to use commone sense.

If you place agents of any breed in front of a movie theater, than a perp will go to a grocery store.

And you can't place agents in front of every public building.As much as you like to think they can.

What they will focus on is how did a nutjob buy all these guns and tear gas, and a kevlar vest, and no one knew about it.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Lannister

Let's not forget about Heath Ledger too. Something about the Batman series.

Exactly how sadistic have these comics and movies become, I don't know.

edit on 103131p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Anyone still listening to the feed? They just said they have another armed man, is this just a everyday American thing or a continuation of last night? Sure they said officer down as well

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Death threats for what?
I am so confused by all this.

The movie review website Rotten Tomatoes had to shut down commenting on the movies webpage a few days ago. People were posting threats of murder and rape against the movie reviewers that posted bad reviews.

ATS thread on that: Attacks on the Dark Knight Rises Rotten Tomatoes Page

This is all just tragic.
edit on 20-7-2012 by OneisOne because: clarity

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

Because cops have to follow protocol that protects the other cops and citizens around them. As opposed to a citizen who is happily taking out a coward.

link   

Originally posted by Radiobuzz
reply to post by KnightFire

And people that kill people usually does it with a gun. It's still shocking to me how easy is to get a gun and ammo in the US, and how in love some of you are with your guns. It's probably the only thing I will never understand about northamericans. There's nothing GOOD about a gun and no real reason to have one, it has no real utility other than do harm either to humans or to animals, it's baffling that many people don't see it.

I own multiple guns. Handguns, rifles, shotguns, etc. I do not want to do harm to anyone or anybody. Believe it or not, shooting is actually considered a sport and a very competitive sport at that.

link   
I don't think you can blame it on the movie.

link   

Originally posted by conspiracytheoristIAM
reply to post by sonnny1

Actually it's perfect timing , considering, that on July 27th, the U.N. will be voting on the small arms treaty.

Too perfect.
Almost as if it were planned to deprive us of what little freedom to defend ourselves we have left.

link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by zatara
Crazy mf'rs like the shooter give the federal authorities an excuse to check your ID when entering a shopping mall....or for hat matter, entering any public building/ space. Can be a good thing tho....?

It wouldnt have accomplished anything. So they check his ID and frisk him when he comes in and buys a ticket?

He still propped the emergency exit (which is required by law) open so he could walk to his car and suit up to come back in and do what he did.

All the frisking and checking in the world wouldnt have made any difference in this case.

They would have had to put security and agents at every door, window and vent around the entire building as well as load the parking lot with patrolling police (which apparently there was and still that didnt help).

That brings up a question. If the cops were there anyway doing traffic and crowd control did any cop see this kid come out, dress up and walk back in? They were right outside to stop him as he left but not right outside to stop him before going in?

You are probably right but...what I mean is an excuse for the authorities to thighten the control on the people. You know...to take over the country from within.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne

Death threats for what?
I am so confused by all this.

The movie review website Rotten Tomatoes had to shut down commenting on the movies webpage a few days ago. People were posting threats of murder and rape against the movie reviewers that posted bad reviews.

ATS thread on that: Attacks on the Dark Knight Rises Rotten Tomatoes Page

This is all just tragic.
edit on 20-7-2012 by OneisOne because: clarity

Holy cow what is happening to people?

Seriously, I pay close attention everyday to world events, it is getting stranger and stranger.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by zatara

You are probably right but...what I mean is an excuse for the authorities to thighten the control on the people. You know...to take over the country from within.

Always.

link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by SpittinTruth

Yes, bullets penetrate sheetrock and fabric quite easily. Theaters are pretty cheaply built.

I have seen a lot of people saying they thought it was a promo or a gag, but I have to ask what type of people would create such a promo? If I were in a theatre, and a guy in a gas mask with a shotgun, and teargas walked in and pointed the gun at someone, I would shoot him. If it turned out later to be a promo or a gag, I wouldn't feel the least bit sorry for the dead guy or the idiots that planned the bone-headed stunt. You don't walk into a crowded theatre, looking like a bad guy, and pointing a gun.

People really need to start assuming things are threats instead of assuming they are NOT threats. People these days think the government is supposed to protect us from sharks, and wolves, and mosquitoes, and diseases, and our diets, and crazy gunmen? Really? NO! We have a responsibility to protect ourselves. We need to stop assuming everything is just going to be ok, and whatever is happening must have been pre-planned or approved by someone. NO! Assume you need to protect yourself, and once you are safe, then figure out what the hell just happened.

Well.....that's what television does. It desensitizes people. It takes away it's natural abilities to think properly, and react accordingly. So, of course they thought it was part of the show. People have become stupid and lazy. They want someone else to fix the problems of this world, while they sit around, eating popcorn.

Problem
Reaction
What will be the "solution"?

I think we all know the answer to that one. The solution: MORE CONTROL.

How's that saying going...about deserving neither liberty nor security?

Ew, i just had a brainfart. This happened in "Denver", right?

link   

The horrific shooting at the screening of The Dark Knight Rises in Colorado late last night bears eerie similarities to a scene in the 1986 comic Batman: The Dark Knight Returns. In the comic, a crazed, gun-toting loner walks into a movie theater and begins shooting it up, killing three in the process. The passage concludes with the media blaming Batman for inspiring the shooting, though he is not involved in the incident at all.

washingtonexaminer.com...

I had forgot about that? I wonder when the "Sons of Batman" will rise?

Son of Batman video short.

edit on 20-7-2012 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by hadriana

The dark movie plot, the behavior of people reacting to bad reviews and making threats, a dumb-ass parent bringing a 3 month old to a late night screening of a violent film, ease of access to weapons, the massacre, the fixation on death and destruction that will fixate the nation for the next few weeks - all just symptomatic of the barbarism associated with a decaying society...
edit on 7/20/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
People keep bashing the USA for mass shootings, and yes we have more than others but look at the stats.

Folks, it happens in countries that guns are not allowed in.

This actually needs it's own thread but I don't have the time to write one up today....hint hint.

www.reuters.com...

March 13, 1996 - BRITAIN - Gunman Thomas Hamilton burst into a primary school in the Scottish town of Dunblane and shot dead 16 children and their teacher before killing himself.

April 28, 1996 - AUSTRALIA - Martin Bryant unleashed modern Australia's worst mass murder when he shot dead 35 people at the Port Arthur tourist site in the southern state of Tasmania.

April 1999 - UNITED STATES - Two heavily-armed teenagers went on a rampage at Columbine High School in Littleton, Denver, shooting 13 students and staff before taking their own lives.

July 1999 - UNITED STATES - A gunman killed nine people at two brokerages in Atlanta, after apparently killing his wife and two children. He committed suicide five hours later.

June 2001 - NEPAL - Eight members of the Nepalese Royal family were killed in a palace massacre by Crown Prince Dipendra who later turned a gun on himself and died few days later. His youngest brother also died later raising the death toll to 10.

April 26, 2002 - GERMANY - In Erfurt, eastern Germany, 19-year-old Robert Steinhauser opened fire after saying he was not going to take a math test. He killed 12 teachers, a secretary, two pupils and a policeman at the Gutenberg Gymnasium, before killing himself.

October 2002 - UNITED STATES - John Muhammad and Lee Malvo killed 10 people in sniper-style shooting deaths that terrorized the Washington, D.C., area.

April 16, 2007 - USA - Virginia Tech, a university in Blacksburg, Virginia, became the site of the deadliest rampage in U.S. history when a gunman killed 32 people and himself.

November 7, 2007 - FINLAND - Pekka-Eric Auvinen killed six fellow students, the school nurse, the principal and himself with a handgun at the Jokela High School near Helsinki.

September 23, 2008 - FINLAND - Student Matti Saari opened fire in a vocational school in Kauhajoki in northwest Finland, killing nine other students and one male staff member before killing himself.

March 11, 2009 - GERMANY - A 17-year-old gunman dressed in combat gear killed nine students and three teachers at a school near Stuttgart. He also killed one other person at a nearby clinic. He was later killed in a shoot-out with police. Two additional passers-by were killed and two policemen seriously injured, bringing the death toll to 16 including the gunman.

June 2, 2010 - BRITAIN - Gunman Derrick Bird opened fire on people in towns across the rural county of Cumbria. Twelve people were killed and 11 injured. Bird also killed himself.

April 9, 2011 - NETHERLANDS - Tristan van der Vlis opened fire in the Ridderhof mall in Alphen aan den Rijn, south of Amsterdam, killing six before turning the gun on himself.

July 22, 2011 - NORWAY - Police seize a gunman who killed 69 people at a youth summer camp of Norway's ruling political party, on the small, holiday island of Utoeya. Anders Behring Breivik is later charged with the killings, as well as with an earlier bombing in Oslo which killed eight people. The trial ended last month with Breivik saying that his bombing and shooting rampage was necessary to defend the country - prompting a walk-out by relatives of his victims.

December 13, 2011 - BELGIUM - Gunman Nordine Armani killed three people, including a 17-month-old toddler, wounding 121 in a central square in the eastern city of Liege, before shooting himself. The next day Belgian investigators found the body of a woman in warehouse used by the gunman raising the death toll, including the killer, to five.

July 20, 2012 - UNITED STATES - A masked gunman killed 14 people and wounded 50 others when he opened fire on moviegoers at a showing of new Batman film "The Dark Knight Rises" in the city of Denver.

edit on 20-7-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Thank you, Yes he should be fine. It's just so unfair. My friend's brother called me from the hospital to tell me. He never sounded so traumitized in his life. It was scary just hearing his broken voice telling me this.

link   

reply to post by Lannister

Let's not forget about Heath Ledger too. Something about the Batman series.

Exactly how sadistic have these comics and movies become, I don't know.

edit on 103131p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

Well, first things first for ABC.

Lets get out the silly putty and find a way to somehow link this guy to the Tea Party.

----------
This reminds me of the shooting in Arizona of Giffords.

Forget the injured and the dead,they just get in the way. Lets link this to a political adversary!!!

It's the TEA PARTY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Radiobuzz
reply to post by KnightFire

And people that kill people usually does it with a gun. It's still shocking to me how easy is to get a gun and ammo in the US, and how in love some of you are with your guns. It's probably the only thing I will never understand about northamericans. There's nothing GOOD about a gun and no real reason to have one, it has no real utility other than do harm either to humans or to animals, it's baffling that many people don't see it.

You are obviously not from "North America", in which, there are numerous reasons for having a gun.
Not the least of which is, I want one. Period. End of discussion. Back off my gun, or eat it's contents.
The basis of empowerment of the PEOPLE.
The utility is the statement of protection from intrusion. Trained gun owners in every theater/ public place will deter this from happening. Gun laws will not give you the same protection as neighbors protecting neighbors.
We the People need to stand up and clean our backyard.

Not the Gov't, the People.

Ron Paul 2012

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join