It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

The 9news live stream just confirmed the name. James Holmes.

Also, the initial death toll has been revised down to 12, from 14.

OiO

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Glad he's alive. I can;t wait to hear what his excuse is.

Ever notice how you never hear much from the people that commit these kind of crimes?
The ones that survive that is.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
yep ID James Holmes, video at scene

abcnews.go.com...
edit on 20-7-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gauss
I found it strange that nobody was carrying a gun in the theater, until my girlfriend told me there were mostly young people (teenagers). Add to that the confusion of darkness in the theaters, and tear gas continually hurting like you've never been hurt before, making it difficult for you to open your eyes or breathe, and this chicken# had zero opposition. I honestly doubt that even people with concealed weapons could've stopped this, unless they came from outside the actual theater rooms and didn't suffer from the tear gas.

This reminds me of Utöya. Coldblooded bastard. People like him and Breivik need to be publicly tortured to death. Make an example of the mother#ers, show every other school or theater shooter and wannabe terrorist what happens to worthless human beings like them if they try to take innocent lives. I think the best way of punishing them would be to take inspiration from some of the more colorful methods of information extraction used by the Spanish Inquisition. Being ripped apart by wild horses is my personal favorite.

(Disclaimer; The above is my emotional response in all its glory. Sorry if anybody took offense, but...yeah... )

I've decided I like you

I'm with you on the "self defense" myth of gun ownership - "this wouldn't have happened if they were allowed to have guns" is BS.

I support the right for Americans to own guns, I really do. It's intended as a method for the people to defend themselves against tyranny. I just don't think that should extend to any weapon, and any location, carried by anyone who happens to be American. If the intention is to enable the people to overthrow their dictators, why does a person need to carry a handgun when they go out shopping?

I also think that people randomly opening fire, even in self defense in a situation like this, would result in far more deaths. Who shoots who? If someone walks into a restaurant and starts shooting, then another person starts shooting, in that chaos who do you shoot? How do you tell the perpetrator from the person shooting back? And then when the police do arrive, who do they shoot? Do they take a guess or just take out every person they see with a gun?

I also believe that the vast majority of people would either forget they have a gun, or they would be so panicked they wouldn't have the faculties needed to use it properly in this kind of scenario. Then you have the fact that the guy is wearing a bullet-proof vest. Then what do you do with your convenient little handgun against an automatic?

The whole "guns for self defense" argument is null and void in most instances where it is preached.

As for how people like him should be treated, my emotive response is similar to yours, but my sensible response is that people like him should spend their life in a cell being studied by psychologists. They should be going through every moment of his life to find triggers and instances, events and thought processes that led him to something like this.

I don't think there is anything that can stop a mentally defective person from carrying out something like this when it comes to setting examples. He knew that he could have been shot dead. If anything, when someone has reached such a point they are already willing to loose everything, they'd simply shoot themselves instead of allow themselves to be captured.

I don't think public execution would do anything to dissuade the already mentally ill who would do something like this from actually doing it.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
can we find this guys facebook too see his picture?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigbrothersnightmare

DOB, location: North Aurora, CO

www.breakingnews.com...

2 federal officials say suspect in Colorado movie theater mass shooting is James Holmes, born December 13, 1987

edit on 20-7-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by petrus4

Why not just state that this guy is a Martian, leading an invasion party? That's just as credible as your "hypnotized agent" hypothesis.

You obviously haven't been reading me for very long, so allow me to fill you in.

I do not give a crap about mainstream standards of rationality or credibility.

So feel free to accuse me of lacking credibility as much as you want. If I lack credibility in the eyes of the orthodox materialist crowd, I'm going to take that as a compliment, not an insult.

Also, as far as Breivik was concerned, I actually read some of his "manifesto," or as much as I could stomach. It was a sick joke; the most lame, predictable far Right stereotypes imaginable, from cover to cover.

Breivik happened for the same reason that this attack happened, and Virginia Tech, and Columbine, and Port Arthur, and every other incident of this kind.

The psychopaths want a persistant, constant culture of fear.

They want people to be continually afraid, because a person who is continually afraid, is much, much easier to control. A person who is continually afraid becomes infantile, and far more willing to reflexively defer to paternalistic, centralised authority.

They keep us as slaves, working and consuming for them like good little sheeple, and every so often, when we start to get a little restless, or the fear generated from their last outrage starts wearing off, we get another jolt of the cattle prod, in order to maintain it. We get another Columbine, or another Virginia Tech, or another 9/11. These attrocities amount to the overseers' whip, on all of our backs.

Slow down, take a deep breath, clear your emotions, close your eyes...and think...really think...about the pattern. Then, after you've done that, see if you still want to tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about.
edit on 20-7-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
i live somewhere close to the area....know it very well. Aurora is like a mini chicago....there are shootings there seems almost every week....the location is less than a mile from Buckley Air Force Base.....

i am aware of 4 active duty USAF members @ Buckley AFB who are missing right now and did not respond to a recall call this morning - not normal for these individuals. It is feared they may be victims...dead or injured and unable to make contact with base.....

this is truly truly a horribly sad situations...

will update when i hear word of them.....FWIW

ETA...I was just woken up with a call around 5am with this info.....im not even fully awake and trying to process it all..
edit on July 20th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I hope everything works out Greeneyedleo . Hopefully they are safe.
edit on 20-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by petrus4
I've seen this movie. Given the type of character Bane is, I can promise everyone here, that this event was not a coincidence.

I can also promise you that it was not carried out by civilians, even though they were, as usual, the targets.

I don't understand,

Watch the movie, and you will.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
This is an Andres Breivik copycat. Remember, Breivik still hasn't been pronounced insane.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I hate to make you un-like me, dude, but I got to admit, for the most part I think guns for self-defense is a very good idea.
The thing is, though, in this situation I can't possibly see how armed citizens would've helped. Not only was it dark, but there was tear gas, gunfire, screams, plus an action movie running on one end of the wall, not only distracting you and giving the room a flickering light which is probably even more difficult to see in than complete darkness, but also increasing the noise level.

I've been in the military and have done nightly combat drills, but I would definitely have a #load of problems with effectively using my weapon in a situation like this - and I'd be very scared of doing so in fear of shooting innocent civilians, as you pointed out. This is just one of those sad situations that was perfectly planned by the resident psychopath, and where I honestly don't think having guns would've helped at all, sad as it is.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
You obviously haven't been reading me for very long, so allow me to fill you in.

I do not give a crap about mainstream standards of rationality or credibility.

That's all I read. All I needed.

You might as well have said "I don't believe in common sense or probability".

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
This is very, very tragic. But let's look at the larger picture. We have this incident, we have the bus bombing that killed 6 israelis recently, and we have the attempted assassination of Secretary Clinton in israel www.veteranstoday.com...

and the olympics in london, and there is a false flag planned for that too. This incident is already being called domestic terrorism, wait for it to be somehow linked to iran. This isn't just some dude who popped off; he was set in motion by some very evil people. The devil's minions have been very busy..but they're not in tehran..they're in tel-aviv and washington. Oh, and for you anti-gun people in this thread..the first thing I thought of when I heard about this is, if there had been armed citizens on the scene, they could have put this guy down, or, at least, stopped him from killing others while they engaged him. He did have body armor, but they would have made a difference.It's not too many guns on the street, guys. it's that criminals and slow-ass cops are the only ones allowed to have 'em.

One gunslinger wopuld have made all the difference.
edit on 20-7-2012 by LightsideAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
So just one suspect.
James Holmes, DOB; Dec 13, 1987
Apt in Aurora Colorado.
A car with Tennessee plates.
Asking for a Naval Rep?
12 dead.
50+ injured.(including 3 month old and a 6 (?) year old)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I just heard on the news the youngest person shot is a 3 month old baby.

I really hope that the young man that did all of this destruction and violence is shown no mercy...he does not deserve any.

I know that many of you don't believe in the death penalty...and you and I can agree to disagree on this one.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bigbrothersnightmare

i found a match to name/location on FB....dont know if its him....news has not released picture....
but there was only one match...

ETA....witness say they could not tell his race based to wearing full "swat" looking gear....
bout 6-6.3 feet, very muscluar....
edit on July 20th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Feel free to go to Colorado and try and kill the guy... knock yourself out.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by Bigbrothersnightmare

i found a match to name/location on FB....dont know if its him....news has not released picture....
but there was only one match...

I've found one in TN and one in CO. I think it'd be best if nobody posts links to them until it's confirmed what he looks like.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Is there a photo attached to that account?

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join