It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 167
<< 164  165  166    168  169  170 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

www.youtube.com...

looks like Cruise really doesn't believe in psychiatry or modern neurology, ''there is no such thing as a chemical imbalance'' maybe scientology doesn't believe in his neuroscience research....thinking out loud.....
edit on 23-7-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

www.youtube.com...

I bet a Phd Neuroscientist would be very interested in Scientology's use of the electronic neurology detector ''E-Meter'' and it's drills to modify behaviour, in fact it was the topic of his thesis aged 18.
www.youtube.com...
perhaps he was i nvolved in Scientology or simply knew too much of it's secret practices

merovee.wordpress.com...

The Church of Scientology is opening a new centre in Clearwater, Florida to be known as “The Super Power Building” later this year . It has been alleged that Scientology is a front for CIA experiments in Mind Control or at the very least, Mind Control techniques are used and the new building will only enhance these suspicions .
From Mail Online :
The imposing structure, a bizarre cross between a Mediterranean-style hotel and the Starship Enterprise, boasts 889 rooms, an indoor running track and Nasa-style training equipment to help worshippers boost their Theta power.
The building contains specially-developed equipment, which the church claims,’expands on the technology developed by Nasa to train astronauts’.
Among the most bizarre contraptions is the antigravity simulator – a gyroscope that spins a person around while blindfolded to improve their perception of compass direction.
Trainees will also be instructed to watch a special video screen that moves back and forth while flashing images to hone their abilities to identify subliminal messages.

edit on 23-7-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

they asked nolan how he would possibly top ledgers joker.....he said johnny depp would be the riddler.....

i guess we misunderstood the question

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

www.youtube.com...

Good one. Can totally see it after his breakdown on Oprah.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

Hey were just speculating. Give us a break. Not like I am taking it seriously, for others I do not know. Maybe is was bad SNL clip.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by squidboy

Originally posted by senselessness
reply to post by squidboy

Cops are trained not to shoot unless the gun is pointed at them, or someone else. The goal is to capture suspects alive.

This topic is being overwhelmed by paranoia.

Excuse me? It's a logical question. Not paranoia at all. Considering the state of the theater at the time (it was anarchy) it's Amazing to me that they handled that so smoothly, when time and time again, evidence shows they are so quick to act in other instances with deadly force, even when a perp has nothing but a cellphone.

I've made several logical posts in this tread, and I'm personally one who avoids paranoia. Thanks though, for the easy right off. Feels awesome.
edit on 23-7-2012 by squidboy because: (no reason given)

I agree that this crossed my mind too, but after seeing the video of people leaving, it was not pandemonium as you might expect.

People were gathering at the front of the theater, just standing there where they could have been shot. This was not a scene of mass panic and screaming, running for the hills.

Even when a man is led out bleeding and unbalanced, people are still not running away.

I think we have an idea of what it would be like from mental images of movies, but in reality people are too disbelieving. For example, on 9/11 people calmly sat at their desks even while the buildings were hit, there was an element of "this isn't happening". Humans instinctively feel that these things couldn't be happening to them, logic dictates that the probability of it happening to them is so slim they must have it wrong. They trust that everything will turn out right in the end...

The same applies to emergency responders. If you were called to a shooting incident like that adrenaline would take over, that's for sure, but you would still be thinking this isn't happening, or that it's some kind of misunderstanding.

You also have to consider that only a few of those injured would have been exiting, most of those killed were still in the theater, out of sight of the police arriving at the back and finding their target.

Perhaps if they knew that so many indeed were dead and injured in that theater when they found him they would have opened fire.

My belief is that they didn't know the severity of what had happened when they found him, and that's actually a good thing, because it means he will now stand trial for the crime and we might actually learn more about his motivations.

If he had been killed immediately on sight, there would be a lot of unanswered questions. And lets not forget that if he had been killed on sight, the police would have gone into his apartment and likely been killed by the traps he set. Probably along with others in the building too.

Like I said, I thought the same as you - suspicious about him not being killed on sight. But after thinking about it, it actually makes sense.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
maybe that know-it-all contractor mike holmes had a hand in it too

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Here's my thoughts on the whole situation.

You have youtube lovers in the theater, but not one has caught anything going on in there. Not a one. There is always one youtube person taking pictures or recording a video. But, not a one was in the specific theater there. Even after the aftermath. Only one video popped up when people were leaving the building. Not, when it was happening.

You have probably over 300 people who witnessed this event, but you only hear about less than 10. Gimme a break.

They can't all be recluses.

Out of 300, 59 injured and 12 killed plus you have to add the adjacent theaters, it's amazing no one caught any of this? Or, has been interviewed? Like they should be.
edit on 23-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

People love to record other people getting into fights and stuff. They do so when they are safe, not when they themselves are getting shot at and seeing people die in front of them. The last thing I'm going to do in that situation is get my iPhone, unlock it, hit the camera app, switch to video and then aim it at a mad man with multiple guns firing away in my direction. Plus, the theater is the one place that you usually try not to use your phone - so it's not a surprise that no one had theirs out and ready to film.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

You have youtube lovers in the theater, but not one has caught anything going on in there. Not a one. There is always one youtube person taking pictures or recording a video. But, not a one was in the specific theater there. Even after the aftermath. Only one video popped up when people were leaving the building. Not, when it was happening.

You have probably over 300 people who witnessed this event, but you only hear about less than 10. Gimme a break.

Out of 300, 59 injured and 12 killed plus you have to add the adjacent theaters, it's amazing no one caught any of this? Or, has been interviewed? Like they should be.

They're being interviewed by the police and FBI, as they should be.

I'm sorry, but if I were in there when that happened my first thought would not be to find CNN for an on-screen interview. That would be the last thing I'd want after a trauma like that. I would probably be pretty incoherent for a few days.

The idea that we should have hundreds of people all telling us what it was like in there is ridiculous. Not many of them would want to be blabbing about it on camera, and most of the news stations would be looking for the most dramatic speakers too.

If there were 300 people in there, and ten of them have spoken to the media, that's higher than I would expect to see. Most would be ignored by the media in preference for someone who was in the front row, someone who has a more dramatic version of events to tell.

Just because not everyone in there rushes to tell the world about their story and can be seen on your TV screens like some kind of sick reality TV show does not give cause for suspicion.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The SkyNews Aurora police feed is worth a listen.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
is noone else concerned about will smith?

or j.jeff
edit on 23-7-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Raist, it makes me feel sad too. While I don't want to take away from the brevity of what has happened- the senseless deaths, loss, pain and sufferings that the shootings have caused- it is not as easy to be hateful towards the perpetrator when you see the video footage of him in that courtroom. He doesn't read like a calculated sociopath. His facial expressions show that he seems to be in a confused state of mind- he ranges from bewildered, to confused, to overwhelmed to vacant. He almost looks sad. It is almost like he can't process the enormity of what he has done. To me, I am reminded of the early days after my cousin's traumatic brain injury. When he came round from his coma he could not speak, stared at us vacantly and seemed to rapidly cycle through different facial expressions. The grimace that Holmes makes, particularly strikes a cord. He is in there somewhere but nothing is making sense. Is there any chance he has had a recent head injury or has suffered from some kind of stroke or other neurological condition that could be causing his brain to deteriorate (possibly accounting for his recent decline into the diabolical?)

Also, has anyone looked at information on 'Rampage Killers'? He seems to fit the crtieria for it. As Ford Fessenden states in his 2000 article for the NYT....[url=http://www.nytimes.com/library/national/040900rampage-killers.html]http://www.nytimes.com/library/national/040900rampage-killers.html[/url ]

TextMost are white men, but a surprising number are women, Asians and blacks. Many have college degrees, but most are unemployed. Many are military veterans. They give lots of warning and even tell people explicitly what they plan to do. They carry semiautomatic weapons they have obtained easily and, in most cases, legally. They do not try to get away. In the end, half turn their guns on themselves or are shot dead by others. They not only want to kill, they also want to die.

Makes you wonder who else he tried to warn, other than in a cryptical way on Adult Friend Finder and Match.com, by saying 'Will you visit me in prison'?

There is suggestion that mental illness precipitates, a slow emotional decline that coincides with planning of an event. Text"These are not impulsive acts," said J. Reid Meloy, a forensic psychologist at the University of California at San Diego. "They are not acts of affective violence, where they drink a lot and go kill someone. There's a planning and purpose, and an emotional detachment that's very long-term." Yet there was often a precipitating event in addition to histories of failure and mental illness -- a spark that set off the tinder, and gave the crime the appearance of being at the same time deliberate and impulsive.

Indeed, nearly as high as 50% of such killers are suffering from mental illness

Indications of mental illness were far more common among the 100 cases than was evidence supporting popular explanations that emerged in the days after some of these spectacular events.

Personally, I will be interested to see how this plays out in terms of James Holmes having a serious mental illness of some kind or some kind of injury or disease to his brain. He does not read right.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CloseEncounter

Originally posted by mtnshredder

Originally posted by CloseEncounter
He had to have had some previous experience with that theatre, which leads more to the premeditated aspect. I have been to the theatre many times locally, and I couldn't tell you where that one door lead, in regards to being theatre 9.

He had to have done his homework. It was a midnight premire, so how would he know ahead of time to park his car outside that particular door?

Don't know if I'm explaining myself correctly, but hope you get what I'm saying.

No, sorry I don't. If he did his homework I'm sure he knew where he was going to park ahead of time and what doors went to what theater.
I guarantee he knew exactly where that door was and that it was the one leading out of where BDKR was to be playing. Matter fact, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he did a dry run at some point in time before that night.

You don't understand what I'm saying? Yet you reply with exactly my observation lol....I said he had to have done some background recon to know where he was going....

All good.

Yeah ok. It was the way it was worded and the "?" that threw me. Yep all good.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MavisCruet

it is not as easy to be hateful towards the perpetrator when you see the video footage of him in that courtroom.

So you feel sorry for him do you.

I have about as much sympathy for him as I do a turd in the toilet just before I flush it.

That is exactly what holmes is right now, a giant turd about to be flushed.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
That radio footage is intense you hear people moaning and stuff I'd hate to be watching those scene's

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolaFide
reply to post by MavisCruet

it is not as easy to be hateful towards the perpetrator when you see the video footage of him in that courtroom.

So you feel sorry for him do you.

I have about as much sympathy for him as I do a turd in the toilet just before I flush it.

That is exactly what holmes is right now, a giant turd about to be flushed.

You definitely didn't see his courtroom video and the actions of how he's been portrayed the whole time until his courtroom visit.

I did not see a person trying to kill batman in his delusional state as a JOKER.

I saw a drugged out person, who knew nothing about where he was or what he did.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SolaFide

Normally I would be one of the first to express my anger towards the guilty party, but this once, I can't help feel some sympathy for him.

Everything we have seen so far, from his background in sciences at uni, to the courtroom footage, says to me here is a nice kid, who for some reason has committed an awful act of murder for reasons which are yet unclear.

But the fact is he has cause pain and suffering to the victims and their families, and it is only right that he is punished, although I think the death sentence in this case may be a bit extreme, I have a feeling that kid is already punishing himself inside.

I know there is no excuse for what he has done, but until the full facts are out I don't think people should be rushing to judge.

A very sad and difficult case indeed.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
First off, not that it means much of anything on an internet message board, but condolences to those involved.

Right this instant what I want to see most is photo or video evidence of these gun, ammo, and gear purchases.

In the courtroom videos I see a man/kid who is severely drugged and unaware of his surroundings for whatever reason. Seeing some proof (like him actually receiving the guns across the counter, etc) might help ease my mind that there wasn't some crazy brain-washing/neuro self-experimenting/something -else- going on. If we are to assume he 'snapped' and what we see is the result of that ... well, purchases 2 months prior do not constitute a sudden break with reality - that's calculation.

I don't know if it's whatever they've sedated him with, but I just can't get over that 'feeling' that's something's not right here. Maybe it's the neurosurgery thing that's fishy ... I'm having as hard a time wrapping my brain around the courtroom video as it looks like his brain is having in dealing with reality.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

i've heard 58 and 60

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
That recent video is just so sad and heartbreaking. You can tell the officer is crying and trying to hold it back. And the 911 officer is stable and calm throughout this whole ordeal. Kudos to her. But she asks, if he needs help as well, and he says NO. Which clearly the event is traumatizing him.
I hope he can recover. He sounds like a stand up guy.

new topics

top topics

<< 164  165  166    168  169  170 >>

join