It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 160
<< 157  158  159    161  162  163 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Please don't beat me up over this because I don't mean this to indicate anything like I don't want him to get full justice and whatever penalties the evidence warrants, but the footage from that hearing is one of the sadder things I've watched in my life.

My gawd...it's just really really heartbreaking. You'd think it couldn't get any sadder than 12 people dead and many more wounded and traumatized (for the rest of their lives), but just the reality of a life with endless possibilities being cast away for some sick, violent, and unfathomable "mission" of harm or protest or whatever the hell this dude thought he was doing is just so sad.

I don't think he was faking anything at all. He's a lost soul; a sad, broken, lost soul.

I was afraid to say the same thing, the innocent lives lost break my heart,

but watching this guy just now broke my heart too.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Just something to put things in perspective. This tragedy was horrible, and it is the only thing we'll be talking about for months, but today 13 people were killed in a truck accident in Texas, and 80-something killed in violence in Iraq, and 15 will die from accidental prescription drug overdoses in the US, and another 200 or so will die in the US from Medical Errors....... and thats just today.

It is amazing to me that a single truck accident, and prescription errors will kill more people today than this monster killed, but nobody will talk about those things beyond a quick mention.

People will debate guns for months, maybe years over this, but there are far more dangerous things.
edit on 23-7-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by blupblup
He's definitely sleep deprived and probably sedated.

If he gave himself up (has this been confirmed yet?) perhaps he's still trying to get his head around it all?
If something (other than his gun jamming) made him stop the killing (guilt, the horror of seeing people being shot) then perhaps it's just continuing now and earlier in court.

His guilt, remorse?

I dunno

He definitely looked a quarter sad, a quarter tired, a quarter out of it and a quarter insane.

Add sedated

link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Yeah, just like the people killed and wounded by him he is still a child of God and it is just really really sad. Hope nobody jumps me, but I'm just being honest about my feelings here.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Yeah, just like the people killed and wounded by him he is still a child of God and it is just really really sad. Hope nobody jumps me, but I'm just being honest about my feelings here.

thats our DNA LEVEL consciousness....we all felt that the man was well out of touch...the tweaks in his left eye etc.....

i guess we can label him as a victim as well......

peace

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The video from court does more harm than good, just adds more fuel to the fire.

After watching him in I wonder, is he in that state permanently? Was he just tired? We'll we ever get an answer to those two questions?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

It's looks like he's trying to figure out what's happened/happening. As another poster said, like he's trying to wrap his head around it all. I mean, he literally looks like he has no idea whatsoever what is going on around him.

That is certainly what it looks like to me.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Stketcher

We'll we ever get an answer to those two questions?

No.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
There was a girlfriend apparently or someone he had a form of relationship with, I'd love to see her do a interview about holmes as a person,

Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates spoke with CBS News senior correspondent John Miller and "Face the Nation" host Bob Schieffer on the CBS News broadcast Sunday. Monday on "CBS This Morning," Miller told Charlie Rose and Norah O'Donnell that Oates "said there was a relationship that ended that could have been a factor there (with Holmes)." "He didn't say what kind of relationship. ... What we've been told is investigators understand that there is a girlfriend," Miller said. "This is somebody they've either talked to or need to talk to. But they still haven't assessed whether that was a factor or how much."

www.digtriad.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Don't ever be ashamed of your empathy or who you are.
If you believe in a higher power then you must understand everything is going just as she/he planned.
I in fact see this person as a tool of god, an angel if you will.
I'm not saying I like his work, I'm just saying there was nothing anyone could do to nudge destiny.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Okay, you saying that the court thing was staged has got me to thinking...maybe it wasn't staged as so much as it was edited.

Originally, he was to appear in court at 8:30 MT, which is 9:30 CT (my time zone). However, I had to wait an hour almost to see footage of him in court. When I did, the feed had lots of interference...

I'm just sayin'...it can't be that difficult to obscure the things that aren't meant for our ears.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I know,

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I wonder if there are any people around with the gift of empathic-visual-recognition or something of the like that could tell us what they 'feel' when looking at him during the trial. Maybe they would be able to psychically sense whether he was highly sedated or what might be going through his mind. Some people are just really good at reading faces..

Maybe they made a mistake in letting the court room be video taped. Maybe they thought 'no one would possibly be able to tell that we doped him up because they will be too fueled by rage to see our master plan'. We should take advantage of that..
edit on 23-7-2012 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Even the press are picking up on the fact he looked possibly drugged nymag.com...

Accused Aurora shooter James Eagan Holmes sat in a Colorado court room with red-and-orange-dyed hair and heavy eyelids this morning at his advisement hearing, speaking not a word and appearing to nearly nod off. The 24-year-old looked confused, blinked slowly, and struggled to keep his head up, leading the press to wonder if he'd been drugged. Arapahoe County district attorney Carol Chambers said she had no information on Holmes's medical state. In a press conference following the hearing, she also stressed that "there is no such thing as a slam dunk case" and insisted this is "still a very active and ongoing investigation."

This just keeps getting weirder and weirder, maybe he took a package of drugs in with him hidden in side him I wont go into details as to where though

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Been a few days since I was on here but I can see that many new facts have come forward and we had some confirmation on some we were unsure of. I really want to believe the story that this guy just lost himself and was one egg short of a dozen.. But the more I read and see, the more I see things that just don't completely add up. I feel that what we know is true, but there may be some facts that are being omitted. I understand that Holmes was pretty unruly when he was brought in, and this could explain his sedated state. He really looks like an empty shell in that courtroom video. I don't want to believe the conspiracies around this case but there are a few details that I'm still not comfortable with believing completely.

As they say, half truths are still whole lies..

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by djr33222

I can't say I'm an expert in the area but I can say I have experienced and been around people under the influence of nearly every substance under the sun. The court room video is very telling for me. I really have no doubt that he was completely distanced from his immediate surroundings and perhaps barely conscious of them. There are points of complete ego loss/separation that leave you completely devoid of emotion and I have seen this as a result of drug influence and recovery from intense mental stress or schizophrenic type episodes. I have serious doubts that his mannerisms are a result of sleep deprivation. His brain is on overload and he may or may not be under the influence of a foreign substance.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jd0Fengland

These things normally go hand in hand. Mind control most always uses drugs to get the patsy in the right state of mind for manipulation, it also retracts them from their normal lives and often from talking to people at all, then they look to others like they just 'dropped out' because of drugs. Result: patsy

Patsys and mind control people are often the trusting mild mannered sort, away from their ususal support network, often for the first time. This guy moved away from his home environment in CA last year to CO, within 6 months had altered personality, crazy hair and reported drug use as well as refusal to even say hi to people, then this incident.

People from his home town reported as saying this guy now isn't the guy they knew back home and no one believes it back home that this could be the same guy they knew.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by djr33222
I wonder if there are any people around with the gift of empathic-visual-recognition or something of the like that could tell us what they 'feel' when looking at him during the trial. Maybe they would be able to psychically sense whether he was highly sedated or what might be going through his mind. Some people are just really good at reading faces..

Maybe they made a mistake in letting the court room be video taped. Maybe they thought 'no one would possibly be able to tell that we doped him up because they will be too fueled by rage to see our master plan'. We should take advantage of that..
edit on 23-7-2012 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)

It is not impossible that he has had at least a preliminary psych evaluation and the court is fully aware and agrees in the level of sedation for his own good.

I think at this point (at least from what I am witnessing) it will do people well to remember that the justice system should be viewed as an implement for the protection of society, not necessarily a punitive tool. I think this guy is going to be out of society for the rest of his life, but not necessarily in a prison. I think he's probably going to be found to be truly insane by legal definition.

That's just my gut feeling at this time.

There is precedent:

bulk.resource.org...

Petitioner, an indigent, was charged with first-degree murder and shooting with intent to kill. At his arraignment in an Oklahoma trial court, his behavior was so bizarre that the trial judge, sua sponte, ordered him to be examined by a psychiatrist. Shortly thereafter, the examining psychiatrist found petitioner to be incompetent to stand trial and suggested that he be committed. But six weeks later, after being committed to the state mental hospital, petitioner was found to be competent on the condition that he continue to be sedated within an antipsychotic drug. The State then resumed proceedings, and at a pretrial conference petitioner's attorney informed the court that he would raise an insanity defense, and requested a psychiatric evaluation at state expense to determine petitioner's mental state at the time of the offense, claiming that he was entitled to such an evaluation by the Federal Constitution.

So based on that there may have already been a psych eval and at this time his defense attorneys, a doctor, and the court have agreed to this until a formal psychiatric evaluation can be made.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jd0Fengland

Maybe, but he was probably thoroughly searched, in every way.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
P.S. I think he's doing the thorazine shuffle.

new topics

top topics

<< 157  158  159    161  162  163 >>

join