It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 154
<< 151  152  153    155  156  157 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Yes that video. I can't embed it either.
abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Mr. Holmes will be appearing in court for the first time today.

Hopefully this will give us a better picture, at least on some level, of this person about who we still know so little.

And here is an article which came out a literally a few minutes ago (as of this writing) and gives us several more meagre pieces of the puzzle: Colorado shooter: a high achiever's abrupt descent. This article discusses his personality and seemingly placid upbrining and background, including church invovlement. It then notes one persons's impression of his stubborness when involved with an internship, impressions that he was standoffish and hard to talk to, and a gun-range owner's interactions with him. The gun-range owner portion is interesting:

...Less than a month before the shootings, Holmes emailed Glenn Rotkovich, who owns a gun range in Byers, Colorado, requesting a membership. Rotkovich called the contact number Holmes had left on the application and got a voice mail message he said could only be described as "bizarre, freakish." He could make out just a few words, he said; most of it sounded like a "guttural rambling."

Rotkovich said he warned other members at the gun range to watch out for Holmes -- who never did show up at the facility. "I've learned to listen to my gut," Rotkovich said, "and there was something wrong there, something weird."

See link above for more.

edit on 7/23/2012 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Mark and James could be twins. Especially from his video. In his video presentation he states his name. Bah...Thought I was so close.
edit on 23-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother
reply to post by Xaphan

Don't be paranoid.

Symptoms of paranoia:

Suspicious; unfounded suspicions; believes others are plotting against him/her.
Preoccupied with unsupported doubts about friends or associates.
Reluctant to confide in others due to a fear that information may be used against him/her.
Reads negative meanings into innocuous remarks.
Bears grudges.
Perceives attacks on his/her reputation that are not clear to others, and is quick to counterattack.
Maintains unfounded suspicions regarding the fidelity of a spouse or significant other.

Outing a shill isn't paranoia. I don't perceive the actions of a shill as somebody plotting against me. I just see it as somebody attempting to discredit the truth.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

You're arguing a position I don't hold i.e. you think a "shill" is out to get you personally.

My position is that you are paranoid because you believe someone that disagrees with you and someone that is a new member is therefore a shill. That baseless belief is paranoid.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
morning all, Has there been any major developments?, Can someone post up a link to the courtroom footage when it go's live please if possible

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jd0Fengland

Only thing that will be LIVE from the court appearance, is everyone standing outside waiting to hear reports of what's going on inside the court. It's a closed court case.
edit on 23-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
Too bad, I guess none in the crowd had a means of defending themselves.
I wonder how the ccw laws are in this particular county.

Let it be shown that the first attempt to politicise this was indeed, as usual, done by a gun nut.

Can't even let the bodies get cold before you start trying to agitate for MORE guns... I'm sure the families of the dead and injured are thankful that you've decided to use their tragedy to push your ideology.

My thoughts and prayers are with the victims, but that said...

This kind of senseless violence is vastly more possible/likely in a society that promotes the victim mentality (ie, anti-gun zealots who are afraid of their own shadow).

It isn't about ideology, it is fact - had I (or anyone else who was able and willing to take responsibility for protecting themselves and their loved ones) been there, this nut probably wouldn't have gotten off more than a few rounds before he was taken out, and the same goes for other nut-job shooters who do things like this. And I guarantee you he wouldn't survive long enough to be 'arrested and face trial'...

It is a proven fact that when criminals know that their intended victims are more likely to be armed, they will go/look elsewhere for more willing victims.

'An armed society is a polite society.'

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
"You think this can last? There's a storm coming, Mr. Wayne. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us."

Takes on a new and chilling dimension of menace after the weekend's events, doesn't it? Although the killer didn't see the movie before the shooting, its virtually guaranteed he saw the trailor. I wonder if this line had any influence on him. And then I wonder how many others it might touch in a sick and dark way.

Let's hope I'm just being paranoid.

Pray for peace.

If people go and shoot people because of a movie trailer (and there is absolutely ZERO evidence that that is the case) or a song or a movie or video game... then that is on THEM.
If you are mentally unstable enough to go and shoot people, then you're probably going to do it anyway... whether a movie "tells you to" or not.

I hate it when books, films, video games & music are blamed in these incidents.

Some people just flip out.... some people just go and buy guns and shoot people.

I remember music being blamed in Columbine and other shootings.

It's just stupid.

People draw inspiration and influence from anything and everything.... to blame the things and not the people is just silly.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

reply to post by Xaphan

You're arguing a position I don't hold i.e. you think a "shill" is out to get you personally.

My position is that you are paranoid because you believe someone that disagrees with you and someone that is a new member is therefore a shill. That baseless belief is paranoid.

Did you not see the similarity in the wording and sentence structure? It just seems a little suspect that these two supposedly 'different' people have blank profiles, no avatars, a minimal amount of posts, and are trying to discredit posts regarding the same topic in different threads. I'm not trying to start an argument with you, but your initial three word post contributed absolutely nothing. Saying "Don't be paranoid" doesn't boost your credibility by any means. I don't even know if you believe in the existence of shills or not. If you don't, this discussion need not continue, as it would probably be a waste of time and energy for both you and I, and would end up derailing the thread which is not my intention.

I don't think anybody is out to get me. I don't fear this person in the least. I don't take it personally because I just see it as somebody trying to discredit everybody who has a certain opinion, not just *me*. As a matter of fact, when I outed the shill in the other thread I mentioned, he wasn't even addressing me.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by tanstaafl

Let it be shown that the first attempt to politicise this was indeed, as usual, done by a gun nut.

Can't even let the bodies get cold before you start trying to agitate for MORE guns... I'm sure the families of the dead and injured are thankful that you've decided to use their tragedy to push your ideology.

This kind of senseless violence is vastly more possible/likely in a society that promotes the victim mentality (ie, anti-gun zealots who are afraid of their own shadow).

It isn't about ideology, it is fact - had I (or anyone else who was able and willing to take responsibility for protecting themselves and their loved ones) been there, this nut probably wouldn't have gotten off more than a few rounds before he was taken out, and the same goes for other nut-job shooters who do things like this. And I guarantee you he wouldn't survive long enough to be 'arrested and face trial'...

It is a proven fact that when criminals know that their intended victims are more likely to be armed, they will go/look elsewhere for more willing victims.

All of this is not even vaguely true.

What guns actually do is encourage more guns, which in America means more death.

If I intend to rob someone, and they have a gun, I better bring my gun. Two people with guns and the chances of someone ebing shot rise exponetially. In fact, if NEITHER had a gun the chances of beng shot would be zero.

On top of that, look at Switzerland, lots of guns, and about half the gun crime, but

Switzerland is one of the world's richest countries, but has remained relatively isolated. It has none of the social problems associated with gun crime seen in other industrialised countries like drugs or urban deprivation. Despite the lack of rigid gun laws, firearms are strictly connected to a sense of collective responsibility.

news.bbc.co.uk...

If you actually look at gun crime:

en.wikipedia.org...

you'll note that America is the ONLY Western country with a gun-murder rate over 10.

Guns don't make Americas polite, they make them dead, in vast numbers... 80 a day...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Go on any birther thread and you'll see birthers using the exact same wording all the time... that's not even vaguely proof of anything.

Reading into that, and reaching an unreachable conclusion, stems from YOUR paranoia.

Nothing more.
edit on 23-7-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I thought i read on this thread that 9news will be allowed in?

edit on 23-7-2012 by jd0Fengland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
Prepare for more anti-gun laws and "domestic terrorism" propaganda...

very insensitive ..bro people have just lost their lives ..screw the gun laws ....i suppose he was programmed to kill by the evil elite eh...what an idiot

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

It was established by multiple mods over multiple posts that this thread was not for debating gun owner rights. They said you need to go find one of the other threads to do that. Just passing the word.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

I hope you also plan on chastising on the person I was responding...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Here's the other person you need to admonish, the person I responded to. I hope you note that the original post was me calling out someone for politicising the issue. That being said, I assume if you're cool with people posting pro-gun stuff on this threads, then I should be allowed to respond to it??

Or does pro-gun stuff get a pass from you?

--------------

Originally posted by tanstaafl

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

Well, actually, I wasn't chastising you. I was more just stating it. Sorry. It was kind of meant in general as an FYI.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
does anybody happen to know what time in gmt(uk time) he will be going to court?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Ah ok then.

Yeah I knew that, but at the same time I feel like this thread has a LOT of pro-gun rhetoric that is not being challenged... I'm an American and I know people have the right to bear arms, but I also think America needs to be rational about it's guns policies.

This tragedy should NOT be politicised, by either party, side, whatever, but at the same time baseless propaganda should be pushed back against.

The issue is much more subtle than pro- or anti- guns.

top topics

<< 151  152  153    155  156  157 >>

join