It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 153
<< 150  151  152    154  155  156 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Tape is only one of many ways these doors can be propped open. He could have applied the tape vertically along the bolt mechanism, or he could have simply used a small piece of trash to keep the door from closing all the way. I've seen all types of ways people prop these doors open to let their friends in.

As far as the three strips on his trunk... not sure if that's duct tape or something else...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
ok it seems this guy got into theatre last minute, no ticket

if I'm reading this correctly?

Stephen Barton and his friend Ethan Rodriguez-Torrent had pedalled their bikes 130 exhausting kilometers on Thursday as part of a cross-country tour. They met up with a friend in Aurora and decided to go to a midnight showing of the new Batman movie. The 12:01 a.m. show was sold out. So they went to the 12:05 a.m. screening and sat halfway up in the stadium seating.

link

edit on 22-7-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

All accounts I've read have confirmed that Holmes did purchase a ticket. His time of arrival to the theater may not have been addressed yet. I don't recall finding that information.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Having re-visited the trailor to this movie in the wake of this tragedy, one line keeps haunting me. For some reason I can't get it out of my head now:

"You think this can last? There's a storm coming, Mr. Wayne. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us."

Takes on a new and chilling dimension of menace after the weekend's events, doesn't it? Although the killer didn't see the movie before the shooting, its virtually guaranteed he saw the trailor. I wonder if this line had any influence on him. And then I wonder how many others it might touch in a sick and dark way.

Let's hope I'm just being paranoid.

Pray for peace.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Vilhelm

Depending on where you go, most fire exit doors are designed to stay open once the latch/bar is pushed. The idea is that the door would only be used in an emergency, and therefore in a crowded place like this would need to be kept open once pushed - you don't want people struggling to release a bar again in an emergency, causing a crush. Once pushed the door should swing freely until it is forcibly closed.

I don't know what it's like there, but in the UK the most common form of fire exit for busy places like this involves a bolt from top to bottom which is released from the frame by pressure on a bar. Once those bolts are released and the door is opened they return to their position so that the bolts hit the door frame and stop the door from closing again.

I just wanted to put this out there, because in theory he wouldn't have needed to prop the door open with anything. It should have stayed open once released.

They might seem like small details, but these small details cold indicate whether he was acting alone or not.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by starviego
Ahhh!! The 'drill' being conducted at the same time:

www.denverpost.com...
The tragedy that played out in an Aurora movie theater Friday was ironically paralleled as a classroom learning experience in a medical school in Parker(CO) the same day.
...one of the scenarios being used to train the students is how to respond if a shooter fires at people in a movie theater and also uses a bomb in the attack.
"The irony is amazing, just amazing," said Rocky Vista Dean Dr. Bruce Dubin.

Yeah, just amazing....

Well now, if that doesn't raise an eyebrow. Starting to think Holmes is just a patsy now. Amazing how they synchronize their training drills to major events either at the time it happens or before an event happens.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jd0Fengland

Would of been nice if this guy would speak the English Language.
And posted a little more details.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by violet

Just to point out yet again, with that gas mask from the photo, and the ringing ears from the movie and gunshots, this shooter was completely unaware of 270 degrees of his surroundings. It is a shame that nobody took advantage of that either with a gun, or with a tackle, knife, chair, or something. I'm not blaming any of the victims, witnesses, or bystanders. I'm sure everyone was completely in shock, but for future reference to everybody reading this. When the gun jams, RUSH HIS ASS! Or, once he walks on by and missed you, grab him from behind! Once you do, everyone else will jump on board.

Seriously, then take off his mask so you can identify the guy with no doubts. I relly doubt that Jen gal got a good look at him, considering he was wearing all that Grand Theft Auto Gear and Rampage gear on.

Totally reminds me of Rampage the movie.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

Originally posted by violet
reply to post by Xaphan

Not sure that means much. We were all new at one point and I don't load up my profile with info. I only just put my location this year and have been member since 2006. I don't have avatar. Don't want one.
Still though you're right it COULD be a sign.

I know, but the wording and sentence structure is so similar. Not only that, but both posts absolutely STINK of obvious shill tactics. These two users just don't seem 'legit' to me. Something about their posts/disposition sets off alarm bells.

Did you alert staff? So they can check its not the same person having multiple accounts
I didn't recall their posts

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Originally posted by starviego
Ahhh!! The 'drill' being conducted at the same time:

www.denverpost.com...
The tragedy that played out in an Aurora movie theater Friday was ironically paralleled as a classroom learning experience in a medical school in Parker(CO) the same day.
...one of the scenarios being used to train the students is how to respond if a shooter fires at people in a movie theater and also uses a bomb in the attack.
"The irony is amazing, just amazing," said Rocky Vista Dean Dr. Bruce Dubin.

Yeah, just amazing....

Well now, if that doesn't raise an eyebrow. Starting to think Holmes is just a patsy now. Amazing how they synchronize their training drills to major events either at the time it happens or before an event happens.

Wow, that's eerie. The Norway shooter, same thing, the cops were rehearsing the same day, the exact same scenario Anders Breivick played out. Who could be behind all these rituals?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Sorry man, how is this story just coming out now? If I was this gun range owner I would have called the police right away, he was local to the crime I'm sure it was all over every local news report/newspaper, this seems to convenient, especially the batman answering machine...come on!

Originally posted by jd0Fengland

BYERS, Colo. – Less than a month before carrying out the midnight movie massacre that left 12 dead, suspected shooter James Holmes applied for membership at a private gun range, unnerving the club’s owner whose calls to Holmes’ apartment reached a “creepy, weird” Batman-inspired voicemail message. “His answering machine message was incoherent, just bizarre, really bizarre -- slurring words, but he didn’t sound drunk, just strange -- I could make out “James” somewhere in it,” Glenn Rotkovich, of the Lead Valley Range, in Byers, Colo., told FoxNews.com Read more: www.foxnews.com...
This gun range owner was suspicious of him after he tried to call him back regarding a membership www.foxnews.com...
edit on 22-7-2012 by jd0Fengland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Don't be paranoid.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Posted this in part of another post in a now "closed" Holmes thread ...

Has it ever been explained why when police rolled up on Holmes behind the theater with two guns in hand standing there next to his car after shooting 70 people, they didn't just shoot him. When does that happen? I mean, police usually shoot if they think someone has a gun in hand (countless accounts of Police mistakenly shooting because of perceived weapons).

How the heck, did he peacefully surrender with guns in hand surrounded by 25 cops with people running around covered in blood?

Almost every aspect of this story stinks... I just can't wrap my head around it...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by squidboy

Cops are trained not to shoot unless the gun is pointed at them, or someone else. The goal is to capture suspects alive.

This topic is being overwhelmed by paranoia.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by senselessness
reply to post by squidboy

Cops are trained not to shoot unless the gun is pointed at them, or someone else. The goal is to capture suspects alive.

This topic is being overwhelmed by paranoia.

Excuse me? It's a logical question. Not paranoia at all. Considering the state of the theater at the time (it was anarchy) it's Amazing to me that they handled that so smoothly, when time and time again, evidence shows they are so quick to act in other instances with deadly force, even when a perp has nothing but a cellphone.

I've made several logical posts in this tread, and I'm personally one who avoids paranoia. Thanks though, for the easy right off. Feels awesome.
edit on 23-7-2012 by squidboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Maybe he has like Intermittent Explosive Disorder. I swear they are like light switches. I lived with one, I know. Probably still live with one and just don't know yet.

When they get into a mood, they explode. After they explode they act totally innocent of their offenses and act like they did nothing wrong. But, they still act in a way to manipulate you into giving them what they want.

Like for example my niece. She would never calm down around us. She would only act all sweet and innocent when the officers were around and in the hospital but the minute she always got out, it used to start right back up. No sooner than 30 seconds of release. I mean I tried everything with this kid to get her to settle down. Nothing worked.

I still haven't figured her out.

I think it does have something to do with neurological issues and if his mom is a psychiatric nurse like some say, then maybe she experimented on him.

From his presentation, he paces the same way my niece does. Even by how he frigids with his hand near his shirt. He never looks at the audience, he's always looking at something else and talks a bit fast through it.

I think it's possible he might be bit autistic. Which is probably why his IQ is so high.

I don't know. Something to note. While giving his presentation he doesn't act like your typical nervous kid in front of an audience, he acts like he's busy trying to fix something, which might be an indication of maybe a little bit of OCD. Everything needs to be perfect. If one thing is out of place, they freak and frigid.

I have to find that video again. It's within these 150 pages.
Good hunting.

edit on 23-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

can't embed this but i think it's what you're looking for ... science presentation
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Excellent video, comprehensive coverage of the Colorado shooting interviews and information

new topics

top topics

<< 150  151  152    154  155  156 >>

join