It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 152
<< 149  150  151    153  154  155 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

That is ridiculous! How many times has there been training on the same day as a major event, involving the same scenario? Just too much of a coincidence for me.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by starviego
Ahhh!! The 'drill' being conducted at the same time:

www.denverpost.com...
The tragedy that played out in an Aurora movie theater Friday was ironically paralleled as a classroom learning experience in a medical school in Parker(CO) the same day.
...one of the scenarios being used to train the students is how to respond if a shooter fires at people in a movie theater and also uses a bomb in the attack.
"The irony is amazing, just amazing," said Rocky Vista Dean Dr. Bruce Dubin.

Yeah, just amazing....

That's where the audio for the event comes from and why they have exercises going on at the same time. They have a pre-recorded scene and script from which to follow with all of the filler material. Wellaware1 the sometimes highly suspect, but with more than a few mind-blowers if true photo matching site, has both sets of audio for download. From the site:

NOTE: the broadcasts one being sent to the right side and another totally different signal is being sent to the Left ear. Notice that you can hear the SAME dispatch talking at the same time on two different channels. Therefore they pre recorded the dispatch and radio calls and they are not live. These people SUCK and deserve to be prosecuted for their lies. No one would have figured that out if it wasnt for the civilian that is broadcasting these channels that decided to combine the two feeds.

Tonite a major network was reverently discussing all of the lessons they have learned since Columbine. The implication was that they tended to broadcast every piece of scrap that came in. It resulted in inconsistencies in the official story. Same with 9/11. So now they learn to keep their pants on and wait for the proper sequencing of events. There were reports of staggered "breaking news" broadcasts when the story aired. One in particular, a CNN world feed in London (? factcheck this), was a half hour behind. Looks like they learned the lesson on broadcasting a half hour early as was done with the BBC bldg 7 footage.

edit on 22-7-2012 by elmoastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vilhelm
reply to post by Emergingtruth

As far as I know the theater has only confirmed having footage of Holmes buying his ticket at the box office, although it is not released. I don't think they've confirmed whether or not there was actually any surveillance in the auditorium itself.

It's possible they're keeping surveillance for trial. They have to be really careful about what they release. You have to remember, if this is Aurora's top public defender, as much as he may be pissed and cannot stand this guy, it is still his job to prove Holmes didn't do it. Even though the cops caught him red handed, and if he can't prove that he didn't do it, then he has to prove he did it by mental defect. He has to find a way somehow to get him off the charges. That's his job. The police know this. So they know, they have to be careful what information they release, because someone may see it on the news, then when it's time to pick jury pool and they say have you seen this, or have you formed an opinion based on what you've seen, they may have to go beyond Aurora, beyond Denver, maybe even beyond Colorado, and that they do NOT want to do. They want to keep this as local as possible. This is going to be difficult for police ahead, prosecutors, and the public defender. They all have a job, some want to do (to put him away) and some don't want to be there right now, but they know they have no choice, unless his parents hire someone else.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by happyhomemaker29

We may be talking, but we weren't there. So what do you suggest we do? Make stuff up? Some people deal by talking to a source, usually therapy, group or individual. I usually go to individual. I know how I deal with mine. I'm a survivor of trauma. I have very severe PTSD. I am extremely jumpy with loud noises. You might find some people on a few boards, but I doubt highly you're going to find a ton of people. Good luck in your search.
really don't follow your train of thought here.
you question my intent and then declare "we weren't there" ... well, no sh!t sherlock but nearly 300 people were sooooo, back to my question, where is their commentary ??
not the pre-programmed nonsense (and outright lies) that MSM is promoting.

who is making stuff up ?? are you accusing me of such ?? if so, link it.

glad to hear you are dealing with YOUR issues, but this thread and this incident isn't about you, is it? besides you are one of millions, we're discussing 300 out of 1 theatre ... there is a slight difference there, can you see it ??

in the meantime, i'll continue asking pertinent questions, even if you disagree.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Release any video footage? Sure, just like all the video from 9-11. Don't hold your breath.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by VikingWarlord
reply to post by starviego

That is ridiculous! How many times has there been training on the same day as a major event, involving the same scenario? Just too much of a coincidence for me.

I'm wondering if they were training for this scenario because of the "attack" warning everyone was getting on theaters. I didn't see the warning when it posted, just curious, was it in newspapers and such? If so, it's possible that's how he chose his target? Since it mentioned maximum causality or whatever it said, it gave him the idea to do it there? Who knows.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jd0Fengland

thanks for posting that and after reading it, i have another question ... if this attendee was posting via MOBILE (as it says), either some cells weren't collected/siezed or those who were released from the school debriefing had their cells released with them, correct ??

notice, i'm not relying on the timestamps because often, they aren't set correctly.
i'm talking about the posts via MOBILE ... as indicated in the script
(provided i'm reading it correctly)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

True - but not just for trial. We have to remember that the theater also has their own incident reports to fill out and their own lawyers to consult. I wouldn't be surprised if the footage of Holmes buying his ticket wasn't released for months, if at all. And footage inside the theater (if any) may never be released. If anything, to protect the integrity and privacy of the victims and their families. I just hope that wherever the footage ends up, it's used in every possible way to put the person responsible in a cage, or in the ground.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

We may be talking, but we weren't there. So what do you suggest we do? Make stuff up? Some people deal by talking to a source, usually therapy, group or individual. I usually go to individual. I know how I deal with mine. I'm a survivor of trauma. I have very severe PTSD. I am extremely jumpy with loud noises. You might find some people on a few boards, but I doubt highly you're going to find a ton of people. Good luck in your search.
really don't follow your train of thought here.
you question my intent and then declare "we weren't there" ... well, no sh!t sherlock but nearly 300 people were sooooo, back to my question, where is their commentary ??
not the pre-programmed nonsense (and outright lies) that MSM is promoting.

who is making stuff up ?? are you accusing me of such ?? if so, link it.

glad to hear you are dealing with YOUR issues, but this thread and this incident isn't about you, is it? besides you are one of millions, we're discussing 300 out of 1 theatre ... there is a slight difference there, can you see it ??

in the meantime, i'll continue asking pertinent questions, even if you disagree.

I'm not accusing you of anything. You mentioned facebook, topix, etc..., well if you wish to find survivors, be our guest. No one is stopping you. But you're the one who mentioned that we are talking on here. I replied yes we are talking. But we were not there so we don't know what occurred. There's no call to be rude. I'm not. I never once said this was about me. I gave you my take on trauma. You have to remember these went through this not more than a few days ago. This is still a fresh hell in their mind. If you find someone talking about it, congrats. I don't know how many you're going to find considering how fresh a hell this was. THAT was my take. It took me years to get to a safe place mentally. It's going to take these people just as long, if ever. Sorry if you saw that as "me taking over".

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vilhelm

True - but not just for trial. We have to remember that the theater also has their own incident reports to fill out and their own lawyers to consult. I wouldn't be surprised if the footage of Holmes buying his ticket wasn't released for months, if at all. And footage inside the theater (if any) may never be released. If anything, to protect the integrity and privacy of the victims and their families. I just hope that wherever the footage ends up, it's used in every possible way to put the person responsible in a cage, or in the ground.

I completely agree. I saw one article, I'll try to find it, where it said the theater might be civilly liable. Other than the emergency exits not having a loud alarm on them, I don't see what else they could have done. I wonder if now they'll hook all exits up to the snacks counter or something, so that if it goes off, someone has to check it out and make sure they're locked in the future.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
james Holmes...who was he trying to be...
read this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I'm not accusing you of anything.
good, cause you'd have -0- ground to stand upon.

You mentioned facebook, topix, etc..., well if you wish to find survivors, be our guest.
from previous posts, apparently i'm not the only one. sad that you don't seem interested.

But you're the one who mentioned that we are talking on here.
actually, i asked what you'd call what we are doing here ... if talking is your answer, then we agree.
lots of talking is exactly what is going on all over the internet and in blogs one would never expect such.

my point revolves around the 200 ppl that are seemingly non-existant to any interested party.

There's no call to be rude.
agreed, that's why you got what you gave.

you don't need to brief me on trauma, i assure you.
and this thread isn't about either of our traumatic experiences, it's about one that involved 300 people.
if you cannot wrap your brain around that, then find another piece of the puzzle to explore.
there certainly are plenty of them

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Is this the supposed second person of interest?
Yeom Pyo Lee

There was some buzz yesterday about a possible second suspect in the Aurora theater shooting. Tonight, local Denver media outlets are tweeting and reporting on a possible second person of interest in the horrific crime. TV station KDVR reports that police have issued an alert for a man who allegedly called from James Holmes’ phone and “threatened violence” if Holmes is not released.

link

YEOM PYO LEE Profile: Current Ph.D Student at University of Colorado Denver Past Research Assitant at ADBIOTECH Co., Ltd. Research Assistant at Hallym University, South Korea Education University of Colorado at Denver Hallym University Hallym University Connections 2 connections Yeom Pyo Lee’s Experience Ph.D Student University of Colorado Denver Educational Institution; 5001-10,000 employees; Higher Education industry July 2011 – Present (1 year 1 month) Research Assitant ADBIOTECH Co., Ltd. Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Cosmetics industry December 2010 – June 2011 (7 months) Chuncheon, Gangwon-do, Korea Research Assistant Hallym University, South Korea Research industry March 2010 – May 2010 (3 months) Chuncheon, Gangwon-do, Korea Yeom Pyo Lee’s Languages Korean English Yeom Pyo Lee’s Skills & Expertise PCR Molecular Biology Microsoft Office Cell Culture Monoclonal Antibodies Protein Purification recombinant DNA technology Immunocytochemistry Immunohistochemistry Yeom Pyo Lee’s Education University of Colorado at Denver Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Neuroscience 2011 – 2016 (expected) Hallym University Master of Science (M.S.), Biomedical Sciences, General 2008 – 2010 Hallym University Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Biomedical Sciences, General

edit on 22-7-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

link

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by VikingWarlord

Not that far of a stretch really. I would have thought that they would have called it off though. The shooting took place at the midnight showing, early morning before the training exercise. The training took place directly after the real event did on Friday during the day. That is if I am reading the article correctly. It says they did the training on Friday the shooting took place Friday morning.

The school this was held at is not in the same town and from the article..

The shootings in Aurora were incorporated into the teaching Friday, Dubin said.
"It made these medical students very aware that these kinds of things can happen anywhere," he said. "The events of this tragedy have helped to drive that home."

Read more: Real life shooting imitates training exercise at Parker medical school - The Denver Post www.denverpost.com...
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: www.denverpost.com...

It is funny how people would throw a fit if first responders were not prepared but then come out and decide evil plans when they practice and have drills. I have been involved in first responder drills they are very important and necessary.
Raist

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Clin ging to life

An unborn baby is clinging to life after its mother was shot three times by the Batman massacre gunman, the Daily Mail can reveal. Ashley Moser, 25, was hit in the abdomen and twice in the throat when ‘demonic’ James Holmes opened fire during a midnight premiere of the film, The Dark Knight Rises, in Colorado. She was sitting next to her six-year-old daughter, Veronica Moser-Sullivan, who was one of 12 people killed by Holmes.

Ms Moser’s brother, Robert Sierra, told the Mail: ‘I don’t know how, but she still has the baby. Yesterday I was told she had lost it and today it’s OK. It’s a miracle as she was shot in the stomach.’

Innocent: Veronica's mother Ashley, 25, was critically injured and is undergoing surgery for her wounds. She will likely suffer some degree of paralysis and she was recently accepted into law school

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

So that goes back to the super hero, made by the government theory again....and when this thing first happened, initial news reports were that he was portraying Bane...all of that seems to have been quickly pushed under the rug by the media and the police by that remark coming from NYC Commissioner (why?) about him portraying the Joker?

More cover ups or just coincidence?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Willing to bet there are city ordinances that cover how the exits must work. They have to be usable for an emergency (IE: someone doesn't show up to unlock it for escape).

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Indeed but at the same time they must still be accessable for people in wheelchairs. It's often the only way out

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Vilhelm

Yep. Here's the link for anyone else that wants to see the exit door from the outside. I agree it would be very easy to leave, rig the door very quickly, and be able to return from the outside unassisted. It would be virtually impossible to kick the door open from the outside though, and I have seen that verbiage on some big news outlet stories. The door in the pics is not damaged.

Are we seeing three strips of duct tape on the trunk of his car? I am assuming these would be intended to cover the lock in order to permit re-entry. If so, why so many strips, assuming he already used one? Could he have been planning to go into other rooms to continue the carnage?

But here's the kicker for me. In the lower closeup photo of the door and the police, there is clearly no tape on the door.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

did you notice its only the passenger door that got the evidence marker?

can the license plate be made out as to which state it is?

new topics

top topics

<< 149  150  151    153  154  155 >>

join