It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 147
<< 144  145  146    148  149  150 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Every one read this:

Don’t Jump to Conclusions About the Killer

YOU’VE had 48 hours to reflect on the ghastly shooting in Colorado at a movie theater. You’ve been bombarded with “facts” and opinions about James Holmes’s motives. You have probably expressed your opinion on why he did it. You are probably wrong.

Mr. Holmes has already been described as a loner. Proceed with caution on that. Nearly every shooter gets tagged with that label, because the public is convinced that that’s the profile, and people barely acquainted with the gunman parrot it back to every journalist they encounter. The Secret Service report determined that it’s usually not true.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Finalized

There is a possibility that he was using the cheap steel cased ammo for his AR. That along with not doing the proper break in procedure could have easily resulted in a broken shell casing in the chamber. He could have been familiar with it and how to fix a jam, reload etc, but he didn't have a broken shell extractor, or the time to use one if he did have it. Maybe he had only used "good" ammo for practice and decided he didn't care what he used for the shooting, because it would be the last time he used the weapon.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by Xaphan

I don't know if it has been posted so apologies in advance...but why is he called "an associate"?

Aurora theater shooting: Police interviewed Holmes associate

Police Interview Holmes "associate"

CJ

associate = fellow researcher

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Finalized
reply to post by Valhall

Rigging his apartment with IEDs shows the level of intelligence, forethought and planning that he did. Then, to flip around and say he didn't thoroughly research his main killing device for all known weaknesses is disingenuous.

No it's not. He could research all he wanted but if he did not spend enough time with that gun, firing it in the manner in which he fired it that night, Googling doesn't help you much in a pinch. There comes a time when book smart doesn't always cut it.

And, as I said, we don't even know for sure the gun jammed.
edit on 7-22-2012 by Valhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by happyhomemaker29

I never stated you were personally putting Mental Health stigma back years.

I said that i've heard and seen many people who are stating that yes, he must have Schizophrenia, or a Psychotic like illness just because what he has done is so crazed and horrific, including so called experts on TV. This is what puts Mental Health stigma back years, especially when it's touted on the TV, news articles/blogs and forums for all to see and hear.

Some people really need to educate themselves more if they are going to make such blanket statements without all the facts.

I also never stated that people with Mental Illness/Psychotic like disorders never commit violence and murder. It is a lot more rare then people are lead to believe. But for the most part, when it does happen, it's random. This was not random, it was planned.

I'm sorry you had the experience of being abused by someone with Schizophrenia and i'm sorry you are suffering so much stress with your Daughter.

I personally suffer from Severe Mental Illness, so does most of my family. I have been in the Mental Health community for a number of years and have met many people with Severe Mental Illnesses and Autism, and they have been some of the most wonderful people i have ever met.

I apologise if you feel this is all directed at you. I guess my emotions may have got the better of me and you were the last person on this thread to mention Schizophrenia. So i replied to you.

edit on 22-7-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy
reply to post by happyhomemaker29

I never stated you were putting Mental Health stigma back years.

I said that i've heard and seen many people who are stating that yes, he must have Schizophrenia, just because what he has done is crazed and horrific, including so called experts on TV. This is what puts Mental Health stigma back years, especially when it's touted on the TV for all to hear.

Some people really need to educate themselves more if they are going to make such statements.

I also never stated that people with Mental Illness/Psychotic like disorders never commit violence and murder. It is rare, but for the most part, when it does happen, it's random. This was not random, it was planned.

I'm sorry you had the experience of being abused by someone with Schizophrenia and i'm sorry you are suffering so much stress with your daughter.

I personally suffer from Severe Mental Illness, so does most of my family. I have been in the Mental Health community for a number of years and have met many people with Severe Mental Illnesses and Autism, and they have been some of the most wonderful people i have ever met.

I'm sorry you have mental illness, as well as your family. I have met many some people with mental illness and many with many forms of autism and they are such wonderful people. And completely and utterly agree, there is a horrible stigma attached to mental illness. To tell the truth, I was shocked they considered autism to BE a mental illness. That in and of itself blew my mind. I doubt that will ever change though. Autistic kids and adults are not mentally ill, but they are classified as such.
My daughter was born missing the part of her brain that connects the left half of her brain with the right half, she is considered to be a split brain personality in that she has two brains. An apple with no core. She is missing 250 Billion nerve fibers. She has severe learning disabilities, as well as emotional problems. That's why she lives in imagination land.

Sometimes, you see enough of it, you learn the signs. That's why I said it wouldn't surprise me. After awhile, you see so much, you just go, oh another one with it. In fact, you're almost surprised when they don't have it.

And don't worry, I know how easy it is to get the hackles up. I'm the same way when someone says the word "retard" or "tard" That's my trigger word because that's the word that was always used to tease my daughter when she was mainstreamed. Unfortunately, it can't be wiped from the dictionary, or the lexicon.

edit on 7/22/2012 by happyhomemaker29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd0Fengland
www.1360kktx.com... here's a good piece about it i find it very strange he only set up the adult friend finder profile on the 5th of this month thats 15 days prior to the incident

i don't think it's odd at ALL that a reclusive guy about to either die or go to prison for the rest of his life would be searching for a hook up before he never has a chance again. makes perfect sense to me. so far we have no reports of him ever having a girlfriend so it's quite possible he'd never even had sex before. he didn't have a lot of time left. seems perfectly logical he'd be looking for a last minute hook up.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I'm open to the possibility of there being some sort of conspiracy behind this due to all the weird coincidences (there are a whole lot, too many for me to list) but James Holmes appears to be suffering from some form of mental illness.

Shooting suspect gun club membership rejected

Aurora shooting suspect James Holmes applied to join a Colorado gun range but never became a member after the owner became concerned over his "bizarre" message and behavior.

Owner Glenn Rotkovich says Holmes emailed an application to join the Lead Valley Range in Byers on June 25 and there were no overt warning signs in that form.

Holmes said he was not a user of illegal drugs or a convicted felon, so Rotkovich followed up by calling Holmes' apartment to invite him to a mandatory orientation the following week.

Rotkovich got Holmes' answering machine and says "it was bizarre — guttural, freakish at best."

Rotkovich left two other messages but eventually told his staff to watch for Holmes at the July 1 orientation and not to accept him into the club.

As I said, there seems to be a whole lot of possibilities for the reason this happened, but I believe mental illness was part of it. If it was some type of "blood sacrifice" or whatever people are saying it was then perhaps his mental instability made him the perfect patsy.

Too be honest my head is spinning with all the information I have come across this shooting in the various threads so I cannot say with any certainty what happened. All I know is a lot of people got shot and there are a lot of coincidences that would even cause extreme skeptics to at least consider the possibility of there being a conspiracy behind this shooting.
edit on 22-7-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Wondering if he had an ATS profile?

Threads like this are a bit spooky now

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22-7-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
Wondering if he had an ATS profile?

I remember jared lee loughner did.....

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jd0Fengland

Yeah he did, wouldn't be surprised if James Holmes does too...would be very interesting to read any posts if he does.....

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I'd like to share something I've been thinking about all this.
I hope I'm totally wrong but there's one "possible" scenario that would explain some of the oddities.

In short, could all this be but a "BIG BAIT" to shift the focus away from something bigger and more hideous?

Again, I hope I'm totally wrong, but there are very odd things in this case that would fit in well in this theory:

1. The guy is clever.
2. It looks obvious to me he IS not alone. At least you don't pack your flat with loads of explosives so easily, and without your flatmate knowing.
3. But tha authorities still officially denies the latter. Or at least that he was alone in the crime scene
4. Money for the gear and the explosives
5. He had a lot of time to plan it.. And considering he is aparently very clever... It sounds plausible he also planned to simply sit in the car and wait for the police AND tell then about the wired flat.

So... A caotic scenario with victims, people urgently being taken to Hospitals. A suspect being held by the police. A flat packed with explosives. Media covering all this... Officials busy tracing information...deactivating explosives in a flat..

This will bring the President to Aurora!

Is it plausible to think this may be a smoke curtain to divert attention from something else?
Could this be part of a bigger plan?

I'm sorry but I had to share this with all you, because I can stop thinking about how this bizarre theory explains some things.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I don't think he is. Ok, there is always the possibilty. But it doesn't add up to me.

A freaky answer phone message doesn't point to him being mentally ill. I know a few people with freaky answer phone messages and i'm sure others do too and they are usually done for laughs more than anything.

It doesn't even state what was in the message. He could have been just doing an impression of a movie quote/scene. But now because he has done what he has done, the message is now "bizarre — guttural, freakish at best".

That goes for people saying in his photo's that he looks crazy. Remember we haven't seen an official mug shot yet.
Yet people are saying "OMG, look at his eyes, he looks so crazy", The only reason people are saying this, is because of what he's done.
If you were to pass him on the street before this happened, i'm sure you wouldn't even bat an eyelid at him, because he would just look like any other young guy in his early 20's, even with his dyed hair.

The whole thing seems so meticulously planned.

The apartment, the buying of the weapons, ammunition and armour, joining a gun club to obviously try and practice, right down to the specific day, time, cinema and movie. He obviously thought about this for some time and was prepared for the consequences.

It wasn't just something random, he didn't wake up one morning and decide to go on a rampage, he planned it. Quite possibly with someone else.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com... read this thread thats messed up, I wonder if its just coincidence or if it was hidden messages, Even more messed up is that in one article a girl say's she was playing lil wayne on a juke box and he came over and said something www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22-7-2012 by jd0Fengland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

I'm open to all possibilities and you raise some good points. There does appear to be a whole lot of planning involved. I just thought I would share that article since the information was new to me. Personally, I believe he had to be at least a little bit crazy to massacre all those people. Yes he was a very smart man according to what has been told so far but I believe he had to have some sort of mental illness to be involved in this type of plan.

Like I said, there are plenty of unanswered questions that raise a lot of possibilities so my mind isn't made up on this situation as the information overload is a lot to handle at the moment.

I wish there was a way to get a recording of his answering machine to see if the owner of the gun club was over reacting. It must have been pretty disturbing for it to cause his application to be denied, or maybe it was an overreaction on behalf of the club owner. Perhaps we will never know.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The apartment may have been intended as a diversion. Given the timer, may be he hoped someone would enter about the time he was going to start at the theater and much of the police force would end up 4 miles away.

That timer should be meaningful.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by skitzspiricy

but I believe he had to have some sort of mental illness to be involved in this type of plan.

Allot of killers don't have any mental illness, some people are just evil.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Apleness

actually....

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

The presence of brain dysfunction in violent offenders has been frequently examined with inconsistent results. The aim of the study was to assess the EEG of 84 violent offenders by visual inspection and frequency-domain quantitative analysis in 84 violent prisoners. Low-resolution electromagnetic tomography (LORETA) was also employed for theta band of the EEG spectra. Antisocial personality disorder (ASPD) was present in 50 of the offenders and it was absent in the remaining 34. The prevalence of EEG abnormalities, by visual inspection, was similar for both the ASPD group (82%) and non-ASPD group (79%).

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Finalized

Originally posted by getreadyalready
ETA:
Also, brand new guns often jam until they get a good break-in period. He might have done his research, and bought a great gun, but if he didn't go cycle it through a few hundred rounds, then it wouldn't have operated as smoothly as he might have liked.
edit on 22-7-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

Again, if he was as calculating in his planning as they stated, he would have known this. This type of information is easily research able on the Internet as well as understanding the issues with a specific type of ammunition.

tell me where he's going to be able to cycle through a few hundred rounds with out someone getting suspicious?? he might have known the gun might jam and took his chances. he COULD have bought a better gun but he picked the one he picked. there are all kinds of variables.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wewillallbefree
If these people are so-called innocent bystanders tell me how Jennifer Seeger has been interviewed more times than anyone else, and in each interview her account is exactly the same, showing little to no emotion and certainly not very traumatized. Also explain to me how she gave a physical description match James Holmes to an exact T, yet the theatre was filled with tear gas and according to her she was prone on the ground and happened to be seated in the 3rd 4th row, which in a traditional movie theatre would have her in a elevated position, not the post point of view to be estimating someones height. I remember hearing her say that she casings had been hitting her in the forehead and burning her as the gunman fired, how did she get hit in the forehead with shell casings if she was prone on her front taking cover? She also said that the tear gas canister was green ? And that he pulled the pin after her got into the theatre, their are other eye witnesses that claim that the canisters were tossed into the theatre before Holmes entered, so how does she know the colour?

See this is the one piece of this story that doesn't make sense, almost every eyewitness has shown zero emotion, no signs of mental trauma, and have definitely forced some tears, or read their account of the events like they were in a debriefing, this is the main reason this whole thing stinks to high hell.

Care to debunk any of that info ?

Originally posted by flyswatter

Originally posted by timetothink
To the people that say all this speculation is sick and crazy, for those of you who wish to believe the msm story and go happily about your lives...fine and dandy for you.

But insulting others is rude, don't visit the thread and what in the world are you doing on this website....seems like a waste of your time?

People can have an opinion, thats fine. But stretching it beyond the realm of reason and making assumptions that become accusatory towards individuals appear to be innocent bystanders is also both rude and insulting - not necessarily to the people here, but definitely to those closer to the situation.

All of the "witnesses" and Jordan Ghawi sound like they are reading a rehearsed script. None of them show the proper emotion for the situation either.

I saw a gal being interviewed on CNN this morning from her hospital bed and it was another bad actor. I cannot believe EVERYONE is not seeing through this! It is SO CLEARLY a staged event.

Where is the outrage that our own government does this to us?!?

top topics

<< 144  145  146    148  149  150 >>

join