It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 142
<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vilhelm
I know there was a post a day or two ago of all of the confirmed facts surrounding this case (I believe Ziggy was the poster?) and I was wondering if we could get a re-post or a link to that? I've been unable to keep up (work and such) and am interested to know all of the developments I've missed. I know that police have done at least one successful controlled explosion in Holmes' apartment, but that's all I've really picked up. Is there a full list of the victims yet? Do we have a mugshot? Are there pictures from inside the apartment?

Thanks to anybody that can help! Please just facts - not interested in all of the conspiracy/inside job conjecture yet - just facts.

Thanks!

Last I heard the police will not be releasing a mugshot. And also they've only shown the outside photos of the apartment that the media took, no inside photos as of yet, if any. As far as I know every thing in his apartment will be shipped to Quantico, VA FBI headquarters. But that's what I heard as of last on this board.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
just off the cuff ... why are we only hearing/reporting/interviewing less than 10 witnesses from an event with over 100 witnesses present ... what is that about ??

why is the most monotone, obnoxious, lying, representative getting the most replay ??
(Seeger or however it's spelled)

Oh come on, be realistic. It should show you that not everyone has the urge to get in front of the media cameras. Maybe they were just too traumatized to do an interview. Maybe they don't want the public scrutiny. Maybe both. Let's say some of us ATS members went to an conspiracy convention, and then let's say someone went off their rocker & mowed down a large number of people attending. Now how many of the CT convention witnesses do you think would be comfortable or willing enough to be interviewed, on or off camera? Not everyone sees a camera or a reporter & thinks "Let me at it, broadcast me!" I'm very calm & collected in high stress moments, but I'd be the FIRST person walking in the opposite direction of media if given the choice. Nyiah give an interview? No thanks, bucko. It's not farfetched to consider others might feel the same.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by happyhomemaker29

I agree but you would think someone else out there has to have a video or pics as well. They might just not have uploaded yet. Maybe they are scared . Maybe they gave their phones to the Police to look at.

There has to be more out there.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SCGrits
Has anyone posted that LEOs are now looking for a 2nd person of interest in this shooting? I've been reading other posts and haven't been able to keep up with this one --it's huge!! Did a quick and dirty search but didn't find anything. My bad if already posted...sorry.

Original source is from Faux News, so take it as you will. Here's a link to Daily Kos.

Now that's interesting. He's not being charged with anything, but supposedly called to threaten violence if homles was not released.

His facebook seems generic too, so I wonder if certain news websites have the right person named...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
one thing i dont get is that everyone is saying he was trying to be like the joker, Then why was his hair not green? there is only one scene when the jokers hair is red/ginger . If he was trying to be like any batman character i would say the ridler cause his hair was the same colour

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
cannonfire.blogspot.co.uk... interesting read and reveals his online I'd classicjimbo
edit on 22-7-2012 by jd0Fengland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

I agree but you would think someone else out there has to have a video or pics as well. They might just not have uploaded yet. Maybe they are scared . Maybe they gave their phones to the Police to look at.

There has to be more out there.

I wouldn't doubt a good majority of phones being inside the theater still. I know purses and the like are just now being started to be returned to their owners sometime today was the last I heard on a news website. So cell phones too, wouldn't surprise me. I know according to one news article, a paramedic or FBI or something said it was eerie having cell phones go off around the bodies with no one to answer them in the empty theater constantly. I'd be interested to see what if any video or photos might be on any phones. It would confirm or deny a second shooter, it would confirm or deny if someone opened the door as some are saying, all sorts of things. Now would the police allow these to get out is another story......

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I would bet that the authorities have already gone thru the phones found inside looking for info and pics/videos.

Laws or no laws...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Ahhh . That makes sense.

I didn't know they still had stuff in there. Plus, they rounded up the majority of movie goers at the high school and was debriefing them there too.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
no one is asking the right questions. Where does a guy, loaded up to the eye balls in debt, find the money to buy a rifle, shotgun, and two .40. thats easy $3,500. plus body armor another $1,200 and all the ammo and explosives he had at his house.

Everyone,in the States and elsewhere, even someone working at McDonalds, can get a credit card and in no time have several thousands of $$ at hand. Furthermore i have the impression this is a typical suburban, disturbed, middle-class guy and his parents might not be exactly "poor" - ALSO, why do you think it should be a problem to save money for something if you plan this ahead for several months in advance? You can flip burgers or whatever and have the money, even if you are "in debt". The $3500 are not such a large sum, $2000-$4000 is a typical credit line someone can easily get as long as their credit line is not totally screwed up.

Originally posted by camaro68ss
How did he get the knoledge to build these booby traps and if he was in it to kill, why did he give up, and why did he booby trap his house and tell the cops about it????? come on, the smell test fails for me. There is more to this then we will ever be told!!!!

I am pretty sure there are plenty of "underground" sites where you can read that stuff. Come one, don't pretend you're so ignorant.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Report with recent updates

www.wptv.com...

His apartment was rigged with jars of liquids, explosives and chemicals that were booby trapped to kill "whoever entered it," Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates said, noting it would have likely been one of his officers.

Holmes received several mail deliveries over four months to his home and school and bought thousands rounds of ammunition on the Internet.

"He had a high volume of deliveries," Oates said. "We think this explains how he got his hands on the magazine, ammunition," he said, as well as the rigged explosives in his apartment.

"What we're seeing here is evidence of some calculation and deliberation," Oates added.

Inside the apartment, FBI Special agent James Yacone said bomb technicians neutralized what he called a "hyperbolic mixture" and an improvised explosive device containing an unknown substance. There also were multiple containers of accelerants.

"It was an extremely dangerous environment," Yacone said at a news conference, noting that anyone who walked in would have sustained "significant injuries" or been killed.

By late afternoon, all hazards have been removed from the Holmes' apartment and residents in surrounding buildings were allowed to return home, police said.

The exception was Holmes' apartment building, where authorities were still collecting evidence. Inside the apartment, authorities began covering the windows with black plastic to prevent onlookers from seeing in. Before they did, a man in an ATF T-shirt could be seen measuring a poster on a closet that advertised a DVD called "Soldiers of Misfortune." The poster showed several figures in various positions playing paintball, some wearing masks.

About 8 p.m., police left the apartment building carrying a laptop computer and a hard drive.

While authorities continued to refuse to discuss a possible motive for one of the deadliest mass shootings in recent U.S. history, details about Holmes' background as a student and would-be scientist trickled out Saturday.

The poster on apartment closet?

edit on 22-7-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I haven't seen this posted yet, but according to the Reddit timeline, 9News has confirmed that the judge will allow cameras in the courtroom Monday. I've tried searching online and can't find confirmation. I'll keep looking though.

Reddit

Editor: /u/nilicule 5:26: /u/drunkenkyle: 9News hopes that there will be a camera in the courtroom on Monday at 8:30 AM MDT. Judge later confirms it. (/u/nilicule)

edit on 7/22/2012 by happyhomemaker29 because: Added link and quote

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

Ahhh . That makes sense.

I didn't know they still had stuff in there. Plus, they rounded up the majority of movie goers at the high school and was debriefing them there too.

They're just now getting around to releasing the cars to owners. They have to enter through one specific entrance at the mall to pick up their car.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
So Westboro "Church" has just tweeted that they are going to picket the memorial for the victims. Ahhh, such a lovely "church". Where do I sign up? *sarcasm off*

Westboro

We were JUST in CO & now another trip back! #Excited The #Aurora #theatershooting memorial on Sunday - here we come! #ThankGodForTheShooter

Can we PLEASE do away with these people????? Haven't the victims suffered enough? Now they have to suffer through this? Seriously???? Mods, this is the time when swearing should be allowed.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by happyhomemaker29
So Westboro "Church" has just tweeted that they are going to picket the memorial for the victims. Ahhh, such a lovely "church". Where do I sign up? *sarcasm off*

Westboro

We were JUST in CO & now another trip back! #Excited The #Aurora #theatershooting memorial on Sunday - here we come! #ThankGodForTheShooter

Can we PLEASE do away with these people????? Haven't the victims suffered enough? Now they have to suffer through this? Seriously???? Mods, this is the time when swearing should be allowed.
Thats when free speech come's into play, but I personally think that should come under hate speech as it crosses a line of a thing called decency, they should be banned from protesting such sensitive events, ifany of my family or friends where killed in this event and they was going to protest it I would be in trial for a little massacre of my own
edit on 22-7-2012 by jd0Fengland because: i

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Will the president be there or is that another event. Doubt if they will get to do much if the POTUS is around.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I think I figured out another part of the why they call me Spiderman thing. RED is trying to trap me in a metaphorical "spiders web" where I will be drained (of my life I think?). I experience heavy pull in certain areas and heavy concentrations of people either trying to get me to come into their town or leave it, regardless of polarity. Denver was pulling me and people have been telling me to check out those 2 movies, I think RED was trying to pull me to that area to get me hurt.

Anyway using this breakdown of the polarities I think Nashville TN will be the next or one of the next major event areas (active shooter, etc).

Other places I cant get a read on but got bad feelings about:

Gettysburg, PA
Fairfax, VA
Austin, TX
Pensacola, FL
Orlando, FL (basically everything on the East coast, and some old west coast areas are also starting to get really RED)
Tucson, AZ

Those were the REAL BIG spots I got bad vibes, so to speak. Dont know what it means, but figured id throw it up on the net here so its stamped in the event that anything happens.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by strangedays
I think I figured out another part of the why they call me Spiderman thing. RED is trying to trap me in a metaphorical "spiders web" where I will be drained (of my life I think?). I experience heavy pull in certain areas and heavy concentrations of people either trying to get me to come into their town or leave it, regardless of polarity. Denver was pulling me and people have been telling me to check out those 2 movies, I think RED was trying to pull me to that area to get me hurt.

Anyway using this breakdown of the polarities I think Nashville TN will be the next or one of the next major event areas (active shooter, etc).

Other places I cant get a read on but got bad feelings about:

Gettysburg, PA
Fairfax, VA
Austin, TX
Pensacola, FL
Orlando, FL (basically everything on the East coast, and some old west coast areas are also starting to get really RED)
Tucson, AZ

Those were the REAL BIG spots I got bad vibes, so to speak. Dont know what it means, but figured id throw it up on the net here so its stamped in the event that anything happens.

They are probably watching you now...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd0Fengland

Originally posted by happyhomemaker29

Westboro

Thats when free speech come's into play, but I personally think that should come under hate speech as it crosses a line of a thing called decency, they should be banned from protesting such sensitive events, ifany of my family or friends where killed in this event and they was going to protest it I would be in trial for a little massacre of my own
edit on 22-7-2012 by jd0Fengland because: i

What's that group that goes around protesting Westboro? I refuse to call them a church as a church would never act so Godless. Anywhoo, I remember reading about a group that went around the states protesting them and giving them a taste of their own medicine. I honestly can't see how anyone can't protest the shooting of this innocent young girl. This is the youngest to die so far.

This is 6 year old Veronica Moser Sullivan. When her father found out she was dead and that her murderer was still alive he was angry, understandably so. And began threatening to kill Holmes. As I would do. Security kicked him out of the hospital before he could find out if his ex-wife was ok. If ex-wife still doesn't even know that their daughter is dead.

Security Detains Dad

The man’s daughter was attending the premiere of “The Dark Knight Rises” with his ex-wife, who is also in critical condition after being shot in the chest.The man, who asked not to be identified, spoke with our Heidi Hemmat. “I was called at 3 in the morning by a family member in New York telling me (my ex-wife) had been shot and they didn’t know where my child was,” the man said.

“After three hours sitting at Children’s Hospital in Aurora … after being thrown in circles and told me I’d be able to see her in just a moment, I find out my child is dead.”

When the man was told the suspected gunman, James Holmes, 24, of North Aurora, is still alive, he said, “hopefully not for long.”

Veronica Sullivan
instagram.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
Will the president be there or is that another event. Doubt if they will get to do much if the POTUS is around.

Just because they can't do much, doesn't mean they can't try. Look at JFK, they were successful in that attempt. But in Reagan, not so much. There's been an attempt I think on almost every president, some successful, some, not so much. Never stops them from trying though.

new topics

top topics

<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join