It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I know the pro vs anti-gun discussions are endless but this is just pure madness

rollover to expand
(there goes the news story)
edit on 20-7-2012 by Foppezao because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I really feel sad about this. I feel so bad for the people that this has touched or affected in anyway. I pray for everyone involved in this incident and i wish things like this didn't happen. It is always a shame when i see the news from my country.

In my last 18 years, I have been told that i am an ambassador for my country. I represent the American people in my actions and they way i present myself. If in fact that is true, shouldn't i be able to expect that the people i represent can act according to the high standards that i actually try to hold true too? Shouldn't all my peers and fellow service members be able to hold our head up high and say... yes i represent the United States of America without having to cower at the obvious stupidity that has overtaken my country's culture? I hope that at some point America wakes up and discovers that there is this chance that we have lost our way. I love my country but i am disappointed to say the least on some of our actions.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

No, the poster was just making a point that if the people had been armed, there might not of been as many casualties. It's really quite simple. If you're armed and someone comes shooting, you at least have a chance of getting out alive more than you have if you are not armed. Guns are not the problem and being able to keep and bear arms is an UNALIENABLE RIGHT.

This person or persons that did this are cowards because they attacked people in a theater where they are sitting ducks. These people are scum and deserve to have the same done to them.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
With all the atrocities we do to each other, to animals, nature...maybe the 2012 doom and gloom isn't such a bad idea.
My thoughts and heart are with the families and wounded.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Why would a list of CARS need cleaning from Hazmat? Doesn't sound like a one perpetrator. Sounds to be more calculated if anything.
edit on 20-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

Oh yes sir, Ive been shot at many times. I can tell you the caliber from just hearing a gun shot off in the distance. I have also been stabbed, thrown, fell hard....you name it. The fact Im still here is a miracle in itself.. hence why Im so "jaded".

With that being said I've chewed my dirt boss, and I had a good Top who taught me troves of things. So yes, I would have charged the gun....I never said I was smart.

Can I get a Hoorah?

link   
Thank you to the poster who posted the live police radio feed (reposting for anyone who missed the link)
www.radioreference.com...

They're talking about securing "bloody shirts" (evidence) at the Dillards.
So how close is the Dillards to the theatre?
edit on 20-7-2012 by 08051962 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigbrothersnightmare

Re cleaning up the crime scenes before they've been looked at: I heard that one officer was asking about a (police?) car that had a lot of blood in it and was asking what could be done about cleaning it up as it's classified as a bio-hazard. (I'm paraphrasing.)

I heard nothing specific about cleaning up the actual crime scene. Latest talk I've heard on police radio in ref to this subject is that they are making sure crime scenes are secure so that no-one unauthorized can enter them before CSI has completed its work.

Just now was a formal request for officers whose cars need cleaning up to report in so the biohazard team can clean their cars. Two numbered cars so far reported in and one "unmarked" car.

Mike

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Some of the police helped transport the wounded.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigbrothersnightmare

That's stupid. No true patriot would EVER do this.This was nothing but the act of a coward or cowards. A patriot would never attack other Americans. So don't bring that crap in here.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

right.
they carried them and placed them in the back of their patrol units and took them to hospital.

link   
reply to post by Manhater

They are talking about police cars needing to be cleaned. Sounds like they might have transported or held people that might have been bloody, and the blood got on their cars. Or possibly tear gas some how got in their cars from suspects, witnesses, victims, or themselves from being inside the theater. They would need their cars cleaned by hazmat for that.
edit on 20-7-2012 by senselessness because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Why would a list of CARS need cleaning from Hazmat? Doesn't sound like a one perpetrator. Sounds to be more calculated if anything.
edit on 20-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

It doesn't have to imply how many perps there were. It's just that if there's blood in a car then it's a bio hazard as blood can contain infectious agents like Hepatitus, HIV, etc. In a major emergency officers could have used their cars to transport some casualties from the scene to places of treatment.

EDIT: apologies for replying so slowly that you got three or four others already. Seems we're all in agreement, at least.

Mike
edit on 20/7/12 by JustMike because: added eta

link   
reply to post by Agarta

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Did have a shot gun victim on my porch. lol Duh, Hazmat didn't come out though. I feel ripped off.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SamLuv

I'm using tunein and it unfortunately doesn't tell me how many listeners there are.

I think I've missed out on anything relevant, seems normal police chatter now.

(also it's kinda annoying how two radios use the left and right speaker, makes it hard to hear them lol)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by soaringhawk

hence why i said extremist DUH lol

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Of course this shooting is a terrible tragedy, but calls for more gun control are misguided.

There are more guns in Switzerland (per capita) than the US, many are assault weapons, yet you never see crimes such as this:

For those who think that target shooting is more fun than golf, however, Switzerland is anything but "dull." By car or train, you see shooting ranges everywhere, but few golf courses. If there is a Schuetzenfest (shooting festival) in town, you will find rifles slung on hat racks in restaurants, and you will encounter men and women, old and young, walking, biking and taking the tram with rifles over their shoulders, to and from the range. They stroll right past the police station and no one bats an eye. (Try this in the U.S., and a SWAT Team might do you in.)

Here's the article:

www.theblessingsofliberty.com...
edit on 20-7-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: clarification

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by 08051962
Thank you to the poster who posted the live police radio feed (reposting for anyone who missed the link)
www.radioreference.com...

They're talking about securing "bloody shirts" (evidence) at the Dillards.
So how close is the Dillards to the theatre?
edit on 20-7-2012 by 08051962 because: (no reason given)

The Dillards is in the Town Center Mall next to the Century 16 Theaters

maps.google.com...,+East+Alameda+Avenue,+Aurora,+CO&aq=1&oq=century+cinema&sll=37.0625,-95.67 7068&sspn=38.963048,86.572266&vp6&t=h&ie=UTF8&hq=Century+Cinema,&hnear=E+Alameda+Ave,+Aurora,+Arapahoe,+Colorado+80018&ll=39.708722,-104.822166&spn=0. 009261,0.029311&z=16&iwloc=A&cid=3953490057302380216

If anybody is wondering about the fast response time of the police, they are just across the street at the Aurora Municipal Center.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
reply to post by mainidh

Just our luck he turns out to be a conspiracy theorist trying to make statement. Then we are all targets in the eyes of the LEOs.

I hope that's not the case, because he went about it all wrong, attacking civilians like that would not do any good for anyone except the very people he'd be considering the enemy.

That's why I have a feeling it will be something either completely Erad'esque or something related to the person themself.

I haven't heard anything further about any other cinemas being attacked as was mentioned earlier, so thank god for that!

One thing - there are a lot of broken people in the world. Sometimes a psychopath is just a psychopath.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
first thang that came to my brain gun control,, how many nuts would be out there if they new they were going to die when they get caught we need public hanging..he will be geting 3 meals aday cable TV & $$$ for his life story 2years from now on 2020 come on when you start to steal would you thank 2st if you new your hand would be cut off if you get caught this is a sad day for the familys of the dead if that was my kid with a bullet in his head i would go to jail to help this creep meat his maker..

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join