It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 139
<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I agree. This whole thing smells fishy. There are news reports from different stations that seem to contradict each other. The witness interviews are pathetic. I mean come on, have you seen some of these people they have interviewed? They look/act like they were offered a carton of cigarettes to read lines off a cue card for the camera.

It amazes me how the news reports always goof these things. Can't they at least write a legitimate sounding story before the event happens so they aren't caught in a lie? You think they'd be a little more organized.

edit on 22-7-2012 by Xaphan because: Punctuation mistake.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Actually that has been asked MANY times throughout this thread.

Anywho, about Yeom. Seems his room mate is a female, according to "AnEternalEnigma" on this board: www.neogaf.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Actually those questions have all been asked numerous times on this thread. As many have proposed, there are many ways he could have gotten the money...family? Friends? Loan? Max out credit cards? He's a smart guy, getting the funding isn't unreasonable.

I agree with you about telling on himself to the cops about booby trapping the apartment. That just makes no sense unless he had a moment of remorse after going on a killing spree. However, since he apparently is still "acting" while in jail it seems like he hasn't come back to reality yet so I doubt he felt any remorse while being arrested.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

no one is asking the right questions. Where does a guy, loaded up to the eye balls in debt, find the money to buy a rifle, shotgun, and two .40. thats easy $3,500. plus body armor another $1,200 and all the ammo and explosives he had at his house. How did he get the knoledge to build these booby traps and if he was in it to kill, why did he give up, and why did he booby trap his house and tell the cops about it?

This thread is full of people asking those questions.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamMe14

I agree with you about telling on himself to the cops about booby trapping the apartment. That just makes no sense unless he had a moment of remorse after going on a killing spree. However, since he apparently is still "acting" while in jail it seems like he hasn't come back to reality yet so I doubt he felt any remorse while being arrested.

May have been his ego getting in the way in thinking even if I tell them they wont be able to defuse it all and will die anyway

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by Emergingtruth

wow, after reading this portion of your excerpt, immediately, i got flashes of Dr Peter Silberman from the Terminator movie ... skynet anyone ??

The ultimate goal is to integrate all three systems. The net result – machines that someday might be able to reason like humans.

“This is the most important scientific challenge of our time, and finding the answer will be the adventure of the millennium,” says Hecht-Nielsen.
james used as a live test subject maybe ??

Yeah, I am not sure but it seems to me James Holmes learned something during his research that apparently changed his outlook on life and so much so it caused him to voluntarily leave his PhD program.

To get my mind off the story, I started to read around websites I usually visit, and I came across this article posted on Friday on Popsci.

Neurosecurity Lets You Store a Password In Your Brain Without Remembering It

Usually it’s a problem when you can’t remember a password. But in this particular case, it’s by design. A new security technique mashes up cryptography with neuroscience to create passwords that are stored in users' brains but cannot be recalled, recited, or otherwise extracted by another party.

The system is based on an idea known as implicit learning, in which the brain subconsciously learns a pattern without consciously recognizing it. In tests, Stanford University researchers put test subjects in front of a computer game in which they had to catch falling objects on the screen by pressing a key, with each key corresponding to one of six positions on the screen. The positions of the falling objects appeared to be random, but they weren’t. Buried in the game was a sequence of 30 successive positions that repeated more than 100 times over the course of 45 minutes of play. Their brains unconsciously learned this pattern, and by the end of their time at the console they were making fewer errors when they encountered this sequence--even though they had no idea the sequence was there. Two weeks later, they still made fewer errors when the sequence was introduced into the game. Their brains remembered the sequence even though none of them could identify the sequence if asked.

The idea could form a security scheme in which an authorized person is embedded with a sequence in an initial session and then asked to play the game to authenticate him- or herself later. Previous studies have shown that sequences learned implicitly simply can’t be recalled or understood by the brain, so there’s no way the person could willingly or unwillingly give up their authenticating password, yet it could be used to authenticate them time and time again.

If Neuroscience can be used in this way, then it makes you wonder what was his Neuroscience research about?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by behindXtheXveil

That's a really good point, I hadn't thought of that. He could have told the police essentially as a challenge to them.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by IamMe14

I agree with you about telling on himself to the cops about booby trapping the apartment. That just makes no sense unless he had a moment of remorse after going on a killing spree.

Some sources say he hinted.

According to police sources, the same suspect who would not tell police a motive for the shooting did tell them that if they went to his apartment they might find explosives. Holmes didn't mention it was a trap. After arresting Holmes, police went to his residence. But they moved cautiously, and that may have saved some lives

www.cbsnews.com...

Ben Markus of Colorado Public Radio tells our Newscast Desk that it's being reported that the suspect "hinted to officers that there may be an explosive device in his apartment or the parking lot of the mall."

wjsu.org...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk... -Will-visit-prison.html

If it's correct this guy was on some type of medication then the big Pharma has a whole lot to answer for; ALOT!

If it's also correct this guy was a big online gaming geek then warnings should be relayed to all our kids; who knows what software just "accidently" (intentionally or unintentionally) is sent to players that could be used for psychosis. There's alot of people out there on these online gaming sites where they get to meet up both online and offline. Something tells me some of these kids are targets by all sorts of agencies out there. Just throwing it out there.....

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamMe14

He probably did this to distract them from the bombs planted in the hospital that will go off a few days from now.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

yes it certainly does and for some reason i cannot get the movie "Brainstorm" out of my mind and that really bothers me at the moment

www.imdb.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Apparently James Holmes was not just any regular Neuroscience PhD student,

abcnews.go.com...

Investigators spent a day and a half working to gain access to the booby-trapped Aurora, Colo., apartment of James Holmes, hoping to discover there clues to what would make a young man recognized as one of the nation's "outstanding neuroscientists and academicians" unleash a storm of terror in a packed movie theater.

In 2010, he graduated with top honors from University of California Riverside with a bachelors of science in neuroscience, and then moved to Aurora to pursue his education at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus.

Holmes was an honors student and Ph.D. candidate at the school's graduate program in neuroscience until he voluntarily withdrew from the program in June.

He was one of six recipients of a Neuroscience Training Grant from the National Institutes of Health, which funds pre-thesis Ph.D. students in the neuroscience program at the Anschutz Medical Campus. According to the university, the focus of the program is on "training outstanding neuroscientists and academicians who will make significant contributions to neurobiology."

He reportedly failed a preliminary exam before pulling out of the program, according to ABC News' Denver affiliate KMGH-TV.

It is unclear if the exam was related to his decision to leave the program.

KMGH was told that even if Holmes did fail the exam, he would not have been kicked out of the program because students have an opportunity to improve their grades with an oral exam. "I don't know any of that and I don't know that we have any of that information on him," Anschutz Medical Campus spokeswoman Jacque Montgomery told ABCNews.com.

The university said Holmes gave no reason for asking to withdraw from the program. Last year, Holmes applied to the University of Arizona, according to statement by the school, but was rejected, KPHO-TV in Phoenix reported.

It seems as though James Holmes didn't want to be at the University of Colorado Neuroscience program and was seeking to transfer. The question is why was he rejected when he applied to the University of Arizona even though he was 1/6 students to receive this NIH government training grant? Did the NIH have a say in where he would complete his training program?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Apparently a 2nd suspect was located and questioned.

DENVER -- Sources close to the investigation of the Aurora theater shootings told the Call7 Investigators that the Aurora Police Department received an electronic communication that threatened violence if James Holmes wasn't released.

Person of Interest in Shooting Interviewed

It was an acquaintance of Holmes'. A fellow medical student.
edit on 7/22/12 by Evildead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Here's another photo of him. Check out his crazy looking eyes!

It's from an article about how he was a camp counselor for underprivileged kids.

A statement from the group said, "His role was to insure that these children had a wonderful camp experience by helping them learn confidence, self esteem and how to work in small teams to effect positive outcomes. These skills are learned through activities such as archery, horseback riding, swimming, art, sports and high ropes course."

A fellow counselor told NBC News that Holmes seemed shy.

"The entire staff was really close, considering we lived together, except for James," said the counselor, who asked that she not be named. "He really kept to himself and hardly ever went on any trips with the rest of the staff. He was very shy and reserved."

openchannel.msnbc.msn.com... te

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
no one is asking the right questions. Where does a guy, loaded up to the eye balls in debt, find the money to buy a rifle, shotgun, and two .40. thats easy $3,500. plus body armor another $1,200 and all the ammo and explosives he had at his house.

How did he get the knoledge to build these booby traps and if he was in it to kill, why did he give up, and why did he booby trap his house and tell the cops about it????? come on, the smell test fails for me. There is more to this then we will ever be told!!!!

To answer one question. His parents were loaded. He comes from a well - suburb family.
edit on 22-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
just off the cuff ... why are we only hearing/reporting/interviewing less than 10 witnesses from an event with over 100 witnesses present ... what is that about ??

why is the most monotone, obnoxious, lying, representative getting the most replay ??
(Seeger or however it's spelled)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
he's a difficult cake, he even threatens the police, ok u are the ''joker'' possibly ''hades'' have you seen a real batman before ''death becomes u'' suppose you are too young to know, if possessed u should have read your bible or go to church is what i will like to see to this fellow.
edit on 22-7-2012 by YodleAjax because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evildead
Apparently a 2nd suspect was located and questioned.

DENVER -- Sources close to the investigation of the Aurora theater shootings told the Call7 Investigators that the Aurora Police Department received an electronic communication that threatened violence if James Holmes wasn't released.

Person of Interest in Shooting Interviewed

It was an acquaintance of Holmes'. A fellow medical student.
edit on 7/22/12 by Evildead because: (no reason given)

I'm not saying 100% no-one else is involved but why ignore this bit of info?

Late Saturday night, Aurora Police issued this statement: "An associate of Holmes was interviewed this evening. There is no reason to believe that he is involved. Further details of this investigation will not be released at this time."

Police don't think he is involved in Holme's plot at the moment.

www.dailykos.com...
edit on 22-7-2012 by DrHammondStoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

I wonder with today's technology what can be done in the future with Neuroscience? Probably wide-scale mind-reading and mind-manipulation.

At the 0:33 mark it mentions that you can use HAARP like technology to send "pulse waves to make people thinking God is talking to them" .

At the 1:36 they start to explain you how you can have telepathic electronic two-way communication.

Neuroscience, Aurora, Colorado, (High Frequency Active-Auroral Research Project) does this rabbit hole have no end.

I wonder what was the subject of James Holmes Neuroscience research?

edit on 7/22/2012 by Emergingtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

wouldn't surprise me in the least.
however, my tech won't let me view your video so thanks for the narrative

sounds like Project BlueBeam or the "components" of it anyway.

there is much more to this picture than even the rabbit hole can hide.
the deeper they dig, collapse is imminent

new topics

top topics

<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join