It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by g146541

I dont care what country this happens in, actually. I care for ANY kid, who has a gunshot wound.

I also don't want to hear about politics, or foreign policy, or gun laws. ALL I care about is these kids survive this.

Lets not go there, OK? Thanks.

So, you do not care about other babies dying all around the world?
Call me what you need to, I understand who you are, or what you are.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Makes me wonder if this was the threat posted on rottentomatoes forum. They had to close the discussion for this movie because there was threats of murder and rape posted there.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
PODUS has been woke up from this. From 9 News.
edit on 20-7-2012 by Slodds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by JailTales

You should check the facts and not just make stuff up.

link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

The tear gas grenades require agency letterhead for purchase though.
If bought from the corner store, you can convert it.

+4 more 
link   

Originally posted by Troofseeker

Originally posted by g146541
Too bad, I guess none in the crowd had a means of defending themselves.
I wonder how the ccw laws are in this particular county.
Typical. An American reads a story about a mass shooting and the first thing he thinks about is bringing more guns to the party. Guns, guns, guns, yeehaw. What a sick society.

Well you can go ahead & try to stop an active shooter with love, light & positive energy...I'll use 124gr Gold Dots & lets see who stops the threat first. The reality is that there are people who don't value life & have no qualms with taking yours, deal with it the best you can, but don't pretend they don't exist.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Makes me wonder if this was the threat posted on rottentomatoes forum. They had to close the discussion for this movie because there was threats of murder and rape posted there.

thats kinda weird....
I was looking forward to seeing this movie, now I REALLY want to see it....
What about it could drive people to make threats and/or commit an act like this...???

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Man, you'd have to be mental in some way to threaten to murder and RAPE people over a movie?!

Even if the shooter's reasoning doesn't have anything to do with the Batman movie... the people making those threat-posts need to be institutionalized and kept away from society.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

So, you do not care about other babies dying all around the world?
Call me what you need to, I understand who you are, or what you are.

Unfortunately for you, you are wasting your time, trying to "bait" me into an argument.

I asked nicely, not to go there, because this thread has already had its fair share of trolling. To think that I don't care, based on my comments are ignorant. I am a father of 3, actually. I also am heavily involved with Big Brothers, Big Sisters. I am here for information, not your opinion. Its that easy to understand.

Peace.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I love how every foreigner to the U.S. always has to state their opinion on forums like this about how typical it is for something like this to happen here in the U.S. as if it doesn't happen in their own country...

criminals and psychopaths will get guns and do things like this no matter how much control there is...

you're in complete denial if you think otherwise...

link   

Originally posted by Kastogere
reply to post by MeesterB

Ok look,

Ask yourself one question? Why did not one individual run to the gunfire instead of away from it like a bunch of lemming diving off a cliff?

Im the idiot that runs to the gun fire to protect those who wont. Im stupid that way. And if I was there it would be no different. Where are all of the heroes in America huh? Not one brave soul tried to stop the gun fire?

He has a gun......so what....wearing a mask he has limited visual range. And no, Im not claiming to be cool in any fashion. I don't expect anyone would ever want to see as much pain as I have. Your right I have been jaded.

So heres the point to all of this....and by all means let this sink in. This is not the first incident, and it probably wont be the last. This is why people lock their doors at night. I feel for the victims I really do and I wish them the best of luck. Yet understand a complacent population deserves what it gets to include me when ever I walk out the door. I have no real agenda to speak of I just think its mildly funny that people get so emotionally twisted when something like this happens like it never happened before.

Im here to say it happened, focus on a solution and not the problem because it will likely happen again in the near future. If anything expect conditions in this country to get worse. Frankly with as much violence in the movies and on TV you'd think people would be desensitized to this type of thing already.

And yes, they should just kill the hapless schmuck if he is indeed guilty..who cares why he did it. Guilty? ok, take him out back and kill him slowly, its what he deserves. An eye for an eye life goes on. The media needs to stop glorifying this type of behavior by allowing him to live a life in prison to write books and put trials on camera.

Honestly Im sick of the dense reactions from people when their own little world gets wind of stuff like this. In the end we all die...it happens..you can either run from the gun fire and take one in the back, or form a plan on the fly and maybe catch one in the chest and die with some dignity from your attempt....or not die at all and be praised for saving lives.

Don't expect things to get better if we as a nation can't stand up and take back what was wrongly taken from us which is true freedom. But no, we will likely scream for more security wont we? As a result we will only lose more freedom because of this.

America has become a nation of old women, and what happened here tonight is a prime example of what happens when we don't clean our own backyard, and then decide to live in fear and run away from the gun fire..

I laugh because I lack the humanity to care anymore about what happens somewhere else. I've got my own problems to worry about now and days. Especially since we live in a nation that shares the same motives about their fellow man as I do.
As the quote "Too soon", could come into play right being that this is happening RIGHT NOW.. I completely agree w/ you. But like someone else said earlier, let the blood run cool before you start lecturing people. Right now they(we) care about whats going on, not the state of the american people.

-Just my thought.

link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother
reply to post by Nyiah

True enough for kids aged 2-3, but if you're bringing a 6 year old to that movie, you're just being selfish

Suck it up, having kids means you can't ALWAYS get what you want.

How is taking a 6 year old to the midnight showing of Batman selfish? Are you sure this wasn't his or her birthday, the gift being maybe staying up WAY later than normal & seeing the new Batman movie? Or perhaps really just the big family night out, albeit late? If I was 6 years old & this was a movie from a series/genre I loved, I'd be tickled pink, bud. Hands down tickled pink. At 6 years old, staying up late & watching a movie at home after 10 was a huge deal for me. Going to a theater at midnight would have been like winning the lottery to me.
Again, I'm not judging the families being there that late. You don't know what their reasons were.

link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

So if a parent works second shift and only sees the children on average of 10 hours a week during the school year (from 4 to 9, 2 days a week). Because this is summer the childs schedule could be altered to allow for the parent and child more time together, you think this is stupid because the child is still up? Hmmm seems to me you haven't looked at all the angles before passing judgment.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Troofseeker

Um while I can disarm a gunman at close range without a gun, I would still prefer to have one and shoot the gunman from across the room as that would be easier than stalking to get close enough to disarm the fool undetected.

And if someone in that theater had a firearm and the right to carry it legally, he could have stopped the madness before it got way out of control. The damage would not have been as bad as it is now.

Why does owning a gun equate Americans to the great Satan again?

link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
I love how every foreigner to the U.S. always has to state their opinion on forums like this about how typical it is for something like this to happen here in the U.S. as if it doesn't happen in their own country...

Something like this could never happen in Norway!

link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

You could also stop them by not selling them guns.

Simply compare the number of gun deaths in countries with strict gun control to those with loose gun control.

I don't need a gun to stop a gunman, because there's no gunmen here, because there's essentially no guns here.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
24 year old White male
CNN confirms
He is being questioned now.

I wanna know what's in his apt.
He must have moved to Aurora pretty recently.

And you guys know how there will be copycats as there always are in the coming weeks... months.

Also interesting: this guy being interview said this isn't a "safe" theatre and he doesn't like coming here...
Mind you, I don't know anything about Aurora... like what kind of city it is... but apparently this isn't a "safe" theatre... usually has heavy police presence.
edit on 20-7-2012 by 08051962 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother
reply to post by JailTales

You should check the facts and not just make stuff up.

The fact is there is a HUGE black market for all types of contraband, heck the US even ran its own state sponsored setup, well we always have and still do.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AntoniusBlock

Sorry, but how often does it happen in Europe, compared to the US?

How many mass shootings have happened in the US this year alone.

What about last year?

The year before?

The year before that?

Now, tell me how many have happened in the same space of time in Europe.

Then you can make your snide, uninformed remarks.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Obviously an awful thing.

Denver is certainly a conspiracy hotbed, as well as the whole 'Dark Knight / Batman' thing....there are threads on ATS about both...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

My feelings on this is that there are those that know things, those that want to know, those that resent others knowing, those that think they know things and those that act on feelings of knowing / not knowing, sometimes irrationally or for perceived purposes of good /evil.

This incident should make us all aware of the power of suggestion and media influence on young and impressionable minds.
edit on 20-7-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join