It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why my posts are the way they are.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Since the signature line, is not long enough for me to write this, I will state this here, and reference to it, when others bring this question up.

I pose these questions to all, to gauge their response on a particular subject. If you believe in something strongly, you should be able to state it with full conviction why you believe in it, and not just post links of what others have to say about it. This is ATS, and you post under your name, others want to hear what you have to say, not others.

Do you learn best by everyone being in agreement, or best by others challenging you?

I may seem all over the place in my posts, but I do it to bring out the best answers possible in you, nothing more.

*Do not assume my stance on a particular subject by my questions I pose on here, I do it only to see the responses of others.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I understand what you are saying.

*Do not assume my stance on a particular subject by my questions I pose on here, I do it only to see the responses of others.

And what that is, is a fancy way of saying you troll.

You make statements, that do not represent your view so that you can witness the ensuing response.

Don't get me wrong I see the benefit of this method, it can be educational all around.

But it's trolling, and yes it's amusing.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

You make statements, that do not represent your view so that you can witness the ensuing response.

In a way, but I don't go overboard like:

Satan is love or something like that. Trolls do it for fun, or in an attempt to raise havoc. I raise honest questions that many think about, but are just too afraid to ask, because of the responses of others. Many die hard Christians will send you straight to hell for asking the questions I ask.

It is more of the threads I start, not the comments I make. I only raise questions in the religious threads to believers.
edit on 20-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
What is this life without it's challenges? It's hurdles? They're all placed there to be overcome. Overcoming something means you've learned something. And yet, we create much of the challenges we face, for our own good and benefit. I've learned this all first hand. My life was rife with challenges, pain, and suffering, and I turned most of them into memories.

Agreement will shine through when humanity has reached the point of better balance, tolerance, and coexistence - a higher collective state of consciousness. Hopefully that day comes soon.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Still trolling, like I said I get it, I do it too.

We all endulge in it from time to time...

I'd warn of placing such a higher view of self that would place you as the lesson master by handing out decrees or statements for others to fight over and discuss.

For amusement or educational purpose.

It may work as a means to an end but is poor methodology to start from.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I'd warn of placing such a higher view of self that would place you as the lesson master by handing out decrees or statements for others to fight over and discuss.

For amusement or educational purpose.

I do it not for me, but for others. Once challenged, you learn to find the answers, and not depend on another do you not.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I do it not for me, but for others. Once challenged, you learn to find the answers, and not depend on another do you not.
reply to post by jhill76

Justify it anyway you want, I am simply pointing out that it is nothing new, it's not some novel way you have discovered to bring the light of your knowledge to those that do not posses it.

Often times when trolling one feels superior in their knowledge vs those to whom they are trolling.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Justify it anyway you want, I am simply pointing out that it is nothing new, it's not some novel way you have discovered to bring the light of your knowledge to those that do not posses it.

Often times when trolling one feels superior in their knowledge vs those to whom they are trolling.

Yes, many assume I hold myself higher (I do not see how others draw this conclusion). Is it because I give answers others can't? How does that equate to being special?

I am not trying to bring any knowledge to anyone on here, I post it is up to you what you do with it. Again, by me posing questions, you learn to find the truth for yourself, not by me giving the answers. I have no emotions to feel superior.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by benrl

Yes, many assume I hold myself higher. I am not trying to bring any knowledge to anyone on here. Again, by me posing questions, you learn to find the truth for yourself, not by me giving the answers. I have no emotions to feel superior.

You contradict yourself. Also if you are emotionless then what drives you to do it in the first place. I do not think, feel, act.... the same everyday.
"People like to hold others to their words even if said in the past. Not sure about others but I change my mind sometime based on how I feel, what I know, who I meet and in turn my ideas, thoughts and sayings change as well."
edit on 20-7-2012 by g0dhims3lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by g0dhims3lf

Also if you are emotionless then what drives you to do it in the first place.

My emotions are removed when posting here. My drive is curiosity.

Again, others have these questions, but do not raise them. Why can't I raise them for them, without giving my view?

My thinking is always consistent, it never changes, only new tasks are thought about. One cannot assume my way of thinking but what I post here. Many try to figure me out, but this simply cannot be done, via electronic communication.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Also if you are emotionless then what drives you to do it in the first place.

My emotions are removed when posting here. My drive is curiosity.

Again, others have these questions, but do not raise them. Why can't I raise them for them, without giving my view?

curiosity is a desire which is a feeling which is an emotional state.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

curiosity is a desire which is a feeling which is an emotional state.

That's an opinion. One can be curious, without having an emotion attached to that curiosity.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

It is not an opinion, I can post links to facts and information if you like but it seems you do not like that sort of thing as then it would be the words of someone else which is why I gave my own quick run down of it.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by g0dhims3lf
reply to post by jhill76

It is not an opinion, I can post links to facts and information if you like but it seems you do not like that sort of thing as then it would be the words of someone else which is why I gave my own quick run down of it.

I am speaking strictly on the religious forums on why they believe in which they believe, not on other areas of life. Again, assumptions are made widely on these forums.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
This is trolling.

(second one was my doing, from personal observation lol)

I don't believe the OP's intention with posts like these is to piss people off, but I can see how it can turn out that way.

It is similar to trolling in the classical sense (like a fisherman), but not quite as the common internet troll.

Regardless, it's pretty amusing sometimes.

edit on 20/7/12 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

O I see, my apologies for the slight sarcasm. I am still right about curiosity

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

th

The solving of puzzles, what ever they are has been shown to release endorphins.

Curiosity is what leads to puzzle solving in the first place, the drive to discover is fed by an emotion, and endorphin High.

I bowed out of this once people start claiming to be emotionless beings lol.

Sociopaths and psychotics fit into the category of this flawed view of acting above emotions and having greater knowledge, and thus able to manipulate (troll) freely with out regard for those around them.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I bowed out of this once people start claiming to be emotionless beings lol.

I stated emotions are removed when posting on here. This is a great example of others stating something I did not state, it happens often on here.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I stated emotions are removed when posting on here. This is a great example of others stating something I did not state, it happens often on here.

Like I said emotionless being, truly achieving an emotionless state is damn near impossible.

It usually takes copious amounts of pharmaceuticals or a lifetime of meditation.

And as the other poster stated curiosity is an emotion, but I'd rather not be quarrelsome with someone who has mastered said emotionless state as I said the combination of the two behaviors exhibited so far is concerning.

Lack of empathy (trolling because you have greater knowledge while unable to see the flaw in such thinking)

And the claim of being able to switch of emotion ( something that is exhibited in most personality disorders)

Leaves me concerned for the potential usefulness of dialog between such an individual....

Or am I simply trolling a troll for my own amusement...

Either way like I said I am bowing out now.
edit on 20-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

You have drawn some strong assumptions.

And the claim of being able to switch of emotion ( something that is exhibited in most personality disorders)

I did not state that I can do this alone, no human can, not even Jesus could do this. You seem to keep stating things, in which I did not say. You are drawing your own conclusions based on my limited responses.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join