It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

*trailer* Nullification the movie. How we can nullify legislation like NDAA, Patriot Act, and Obama

page: 1
4

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I went to the movie screening and it is highly recommended, it shows just how we can take this country back through nullification. Remember, WE are in charge, nobody else. Don't let anybody tell you different.




What do we do when the Federal Government steps outside of it's constitutional boundaries? Do we ask federal bureaucrats in black robes to enforce the limits of it's own power? Thomas Jefferson and James Madison didn't think so, and neither do we. The rightful remedy to federal tyranny rests in the hands of the people and the several States. It's called "nullification" or "interposition." It's an idea whose time has come.

This new documentary from the Foundation for a Free Society and the Tenth Amendment Center features Thomas Woods, Michael Boldin, Debra Medina, Stewart Rhodes, Sheriff Richard Mack, Charles Goyette, Kevin Gutzman, Robert Scott Bell, Mike Maharrey, and others. In it we explore the history of state nullification, the constitutional legitimacy of the idea, and how nullification can be used today to push back against the encroachment of federal power.




There is a link to purchase the actual movie in the youtube channel, I don't want to post it directly here because I'm not here to pitch the movie but the idea that it represents.

Enjoy.




posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Interesting idea and I can see how nullification could work with something like the Affordable Care Act. In that case, the states can refuse to participate. Like the Real ID Act that pretty much fell on it's face because states refused.

I'm not sure how we could nullify something like the NDAA or Patriot Act because it isn't something that states can voluntarily not participate in. What we need is a way for the states, as a whole, to override a Supreme Court decision.



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
Interesting idea and I can see how nullification could work with something like the Affordable Care Act. In that case, the states can refuse to participate. Like the Real ID Act that pretty much fell on it's face because states refused.

I'm not sure how we could nullify something like the NDAA or Patriot Act because it isn't something that states can voluntarily not participate in. What we need is a way for the states, as a whole, to override a Supreme Court decision.


There are already states passing/getting ready to pass nullification of the NDAA, it is definitely possible.



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Nullification is illegal.



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
One of the most unsuccesful concepts in american political history.

Probably also the most treasonous



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NichirasuKenshin

One of the most unsuccesful concepts in american political history.

Probably also the most treasonous




Truth is treason in an empire of lies.
-Ron Paul



edit on 20-7-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente




Truth is treason in an empire of lies.
-Ron Paul



edit on 20-7-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)


The perpetual union disagrees

;-)



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NichirasuKenshin
 


ok, you just really don't get it.



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I think I do.

The union is still strong.

While nullification hasn't been since the 1830's.



new topics

top topics



 
4

log in

join