It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Guantanamo Prisoner Behind Bulgaria Blast – Media

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Ex-Guantanamo Prisoner Behind Bulgaria Blast – Media

en.rian.ru

The man, identified by the media as 33-year-old Swedish citizen of Algerian origin Mehdi Ghezali, boarded on Wednesaday a bus with 40 Israeli tourists at the airport of Burgas, a city on the Bulgarian Black Sea coast, and blew himself up, killing five Israeli citizens and a local bus driver as well.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Ghezali had been held at the notorious Guantanamo Bay detainment camp from 2002 to 2004 on suspicion of being an al-Qaeda agent.

He was handed over to Sweden in 2004 and released by Swedish authorities shortly after.

Bulgarian authorities said the suspect arrived in the country at least a week before the attack and could have had “logistical support on Bulgarian territory.”

en.rian.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
False Flag!

No....

Wait...

Mossad!

No, that doesn't work either.

A Bad guy?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I am waiting for the connection to Iran to come to light. I wonder how they will make a Swiss citizen a part of a terrorist organization.

One thing to note is that the US will probably say they were right, he was a terrorist.

Of course there is the other way of looking at it. The US made him a terrorist, imprisoned him for 2 years surrounded by Islamic fundamentalists which would be a great place to be if you wanted to learn how to exact revenge.

Terrorists are not born that way. You kill a mans family and friends and many will turn around and become vengeful. I truly believe that the Wests actions create and give strength to their enemies. It is a vicious circle.

It does sell weapons though, lots of them.

P

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

Not so fast.

United States intelligence officials said on Thursday that there is no evidence to support a report that Mehdi Ghezali, a Swedish citizen and former detainee at Guantanamo Bay from 2002 to 2004, is responsible for Wednesday's suicide attack in Burgas, Bulgaria. The Times of Israel reported that Bulgarian media named Ghezali as the suspect, but the report could not be independently verified.

Swedish officials denied the report early Thursday afternoon, and Bulgarian officials told ABC News that the suspect's name was reported incorrectly.

The plot thickens.

US Says it Isn't Mehdi

CJ

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
brilliant.

george bush jr must be going "i told ya so".

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
I am waiting for the connection to Iran to come to light. I wonder how they will make a Swiss citizen a part of a terrorist organization.

One thing to note is that the US will probably say they were right, he was a terrorist.

Of course there is the other way of looking at it. The US made him a terrorist, imprisoned him for 2 years surrounded by Islamic fundamentalists which would be a great place to be if you wanted to learn how to exact revenge.

Terrorists are not born that way. You kill a mans family and friends and many will turn around and become vengeful. I truly believe that the Wests actions create and give strength to their enemies. It is a vicious circle.

It does sell weapons though, lots of them.

P

not Swiss but Swedish

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

And here is a jewish newspaper reporting there may indeed be a mix up.

not him?

CJ

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
This video was posted on Aus news this morning ,doesnt really show much.
Mr Tsvetanov said the bomber appeared to be aged around 26 and that he had a fake driving licence from the US state of Michigan.
www.abc.net.au...

"Investigators found a driving licence from Michigan," he said.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 20-7-2012 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Bad guy yes, but why would being a bad guy preclude a false flag or mossad? Seems like this is going to be an interesting story to follow (see my links above).

CJ

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I have already before posting in this thread. I'm just tossing out the usual ATS knee jerk reactions.

Your source

U.S. and Swedish officials denied widespread reports that the suspected suicide bomber who blew up a bus of Israeli tourists in Bulgaria was an Islamic militant from Sweden who served two years at Guantanamo Bay. Read more: forward.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Considering Netenyahu's immediate proclamation of Iran as the culprit, it isn't just ATS throwing out knee jerk reactions - I wonder if someone is bummed the Bulgarians actually have CCTV that works.

CJ
edit on 20-7-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

True.

I wasn't buying the story as well when I first heard it on the Radio. That's one reason I avoided those threads. Normally, I like to take a wait and see approach

Good, Bad or Indifferent.

edit on 20-7-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Wouldn't it be funny if this guy surfaces and turns out to be some Zappa fan from San Bernadino? "Dude, what? I was in Bulgaria to sample the amazing cuisine! "

CJ

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
So let me get this straight. A man gets detained, tortured for years then released then does an attack all while under U.S care.

Alright. I get it, 98 percent of the population does not see this.
edit on 20-7-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
So let me get this straight. A man gets detained, tortured for years then released then does an attack all while under U.S care.

No.

Alright. I get it, 98 percent of the population does not see this.

No.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

edit on 20-7-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
world.time.com...

Israel was quick to blame Iran and its Lebanese ally Hezbollah for the attack and a U.S. official told The Associated Press on Thursday night that Hezbollah was believed to be behind the attack. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because it was a sensitive intelligence issue.

Bulgarian television aired footage of the license showing the name of Jacque Felipe Martin with an address in Baton Rouge, La. Michigan officials said they told the FBI that no one by that name had a valid Michigan license and that out-of-state residents cannot be issued one anyway.

Seems the US is believed to believe it 'twas Hezbollah along with Israel,

a fake drivers license from Michigan, that couldn't have been garnered out of state, and nothing to claim he got it in Michigan,

Israel heard Bomb and blamed Iran

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Yeah well that is a load of BS even if "somewhat true" what the hell did Isreal or those people on the bus have to do with him ever being "tortured".

Answer not a damn thing.

edit on 20-7-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Yeah well that is a load of BS even if "somewhat true" what the hell did Isreal or those people on the bus have to do with him ever being "tortured".

Answer not a damn thing.

edit on 20-7-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

That is very true and sad that it can happen.

What do all the young men in Pakistan that get blown up by drone strikes have to do with the war on Terror - they look like terrorists!

Let's not have one rule for one side and a different rule for the other side.

There are terrorists on both sides.

P

top topics

<<   2 >>

join