It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS AD, 1 in 3 will graduate Highschool...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
WTF people...

Really is this fact true?

If so Why the hell are we sitting here interested in what deductions Romney took, or how about if Obamas mom farted him out on US soil.

HOW about we discuss the education system in America...

When did I miss it getting that bad? I know they told this to my highschool class that many would drop out, that was 99.

I know it wasn't 1 and 3...

Does anyone have any Idea what such a rate means for the future of America?

Right lets fight over Romney's tax return some more.

edit on 19-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

edit on 19-7-2012 by willrush because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Perhaps, and in my area the local billboards say that 1 in 4 who graduate will have an STD. That's a trip to me...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Maybe this should be in rant... But I just saw the Ad thing that said it, and was stunned, having just finished reading about some BS we argue about here on ats...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Like school really matters these days anyway....... Even college grads with degrees can't find a job. Seems like a huge waste of time.

Also, our school systems suck now too. Unless you can afford a private school.

edit on Thu, 19 Jul 2012 23:27:40 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by visualmiscreant

So on top of not having a degree at least one of those two probably has an STD on top of that... Fantastic America ...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Like school really matters these days anyway....... Even college grads with degrees can't find a job. Seems like a huge waste of time. Also, our school systems suck now too. Unless you can afford a private school.
reply to post by TKDRL

Exactly Should not this be THE ONLY issue on their plates right now, F--- the economy, F--- wars abroad, OUR kids will not be able to function in 10-20 years on the world stage in any form.

Well that is unless we all will be happy working in Foxxcon like conditions building the next IPAD for the Chinese middle class.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I think the STD thing is a local figure, and may not be representative of the country as a whole...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

In my humble opinion, it's the parents who have dropped the ball.

They have failed their children by placing responsibility onto the school system.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

They have failed their children by placing responsibility onto the school system.

Ah but isn't that exactly what the early arguments against "public education" in the first place.

That the government would step in taking what was long the domain of the parents, for the purpose of substandard education in the name of standardization...

The argument being what was needed for the production line was not a free thinker but a gear in the system that did what its told.

People fought this in court over the Compulsory laws in regards to public education, and with out comes like this it would be hard to argue their position as wrong.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Too true.

Now that we can see what government has done with the education system, extrapolate to the medical system. (Won't go off topic, sorry).

We, as a society, have abdicated so much responsibility case in point, when our children fail, it is automatically assumed that it is a failure of the government, NOT the parents.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

We, as a society, have abdicated so much responsibility case in point,

Yep, and its Socitiy as a wholes fault for letting the Government and the Current system get away with it.

But its hard for many to except the blame, my brother always says "my failure as a child is your failure as a parent" To our over bearing a-- of a father...

And I do believe on a whole its parents fault, but from the stand point of " BOY that us government is sure taking advantage of them stupid populace" than yea we all need to Light up Obama and Romney, demand they start focusing on the one Issue that can save america.

Education.

new topics

top topics

join