It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portugal drug statistics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Portugal Decriminalized All Drugs Eleven Years Ago And The Results Are Staggering Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

10 years ago they decriminalized everything, and it's been long enough for there to be statistics on it now. Their use rates have cut in half, overdoses have gone down more than usage rates, disease spread has plummeted.

Clearly our war on drugs is the right way to go about things.
edit on 19-7-2012 by Vrill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Anything that deals with a sensible drug policy is forbidden on ATS... be prepared for a 404 on this one.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Portugal Decriminalized All Drugs Eleven Years Ago And The Results Are Staggering Read more: www.businessinsider.com... 10 years ago they decriminalized everything, and it's been long enough for there to be statistics on it now. Their use rates have cut in half, overdoses have gone down more than usage rates, disease spread has plummeted. Clearly our war on drugs is the right way to go about things

I live in Portugal. in the capital Lisbon and this is not really what i see,
What i see is an long line everywhere for people to get their substitute drug called metadona from the government.there´s also been an super increase in robbery and crimes everywhere, not to mention an increase on police ´´bussiness´´ with drugs and the people who sell them.

and look here

Drug decriminalization in Portugal has also been a failure. As of 2007, Portugal was still the country with the most cases of injected drug related AIDS, and it was the only European country to show a significant increase in homicides from 2001 to 2006. "With 219 deaths by drug 'overdose' a year, Portugal has one of the worst records, reporting more than one death every two days. Along with Greece, Austria and Finland, Portugal is one of the countries that recorded an increase in drug overdose by over 30% in 2005," according to the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction.

So, what shoul people who read believe in?
I for once can say i believe what i see where in Portugal...

edit on 19-7-2012 by SoulVoid because: (no reason given)

join