It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spanish Police attack 500,000 protesters (talk about being on the loosing side)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
these police actually had the balls to fire rubber bullets at the massive Protests - I wonder when the protests will turn into make the police pay mobs. it wouldn't take more than a spark. there is over 24% unemployment only about 2% more than here in the USA and we really cant call what we are doing protesting .... take a look at SPAIN.. now thats a protest....

Thursday - Spain Erupts into a show of people power

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I think all of us in the United States owe the Government of Spain some help and assistance in their time of need. Yes indeed. They need help.

I suggest a lengthy text on the life and times of General Armstrong Custer and how a little argument at a POW-WOW got entirely out of hand one fine day and..well..I wouldn't want to ruin the ending. Obviously, they've never read it.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
even the spanish Firemen get in on the GIG and Strip Naked in Protest ---- talk about a wienie roast.. yuck yuckThe Spanish Firemen protesting in the buff

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Once Governments start using troops to fire on protestors, the end is usually fairly close.

And anyone who thinks rubber bullets are "non lethal" needs to read up on a history of riots in Northern Ireland.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

I think that was England attacking it's self and calling it an attack by the IRA. I remember seeing a youtube on the IRA and they claim there was two IRA one the real Irish wanting independence and and England attacking England.... ???? dont know I was not there.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot
reply to post by babybunnies

I think that was England attacking it's self and calling it an attack by the IRA. I remember seeing a youtube on the IRA and they claim there was two IRA one the real Irish wanting independence and and England attacking England.... ???? dont know I was not there.

Not sure either. What I was talking about were the number of both adults and children killed by the English riot police using "non lethal" rubber bullets.

I'm not biased towards the Irish here, I'm actually ENGLISH.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
The higher ups would poop bricks if the American people banded together and demanded the banks pay back what they stole from us since the UnFed has been in place.

Imagine Americans throwing out their TVs and radios and saying They want their country back, NOW.

I can dream, right...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

yea, your smoking some good stuff.... but sooner or later - we will ban together - the military - all the wars - and the only thing you were really fighting for was for the guy next to you. and we have a lot experience in war mongering - however, we are holding law and order at a standard they can not meet - so what can you do - they want to single you out and target you .... individually -- when they come for the guns - that will cause an action that they will not be able to recover from .... they will have to continue to kill us wholesale ... because in GOD and GUNS we trust. and GOVT isnt in that sentence - we never trusted them - they have always lied and if you were in the military you would understand that - because thats how they get you to do stuff - they lie to you.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

You have to realize, This is not an American protest. Spaniards will destroy stuff and cause damage. The police and civil guard have been working back from a brutal dictatorship that had a very heavy hand.

I made a thread showing the north's miners revolt. Protesters here get violent off the get go sometimes.

Yesterday all over the country we had protests. While more than 90% were peaceful and normal, there is that element of insecurity when dealing with Spanish protesters.

We have ETA still lurking around, and they might not bomb people anymore, they do agitate the situation where possible. Anything that messes up the central government.

I have talked to older gentlemen and they have kiddingly talked about how the protestors down the street at city hall had the wrong building, being how there is a bank next door. One was pretty adamant about breaking the doors down and wrecking the place.

People here will defy the police. The fear they had is long gone and replaced with a deep seeded contempt for past tortures and abuses.

An average family probably has at least one or two people who would throw down with a cop. I don't really exaggerate. In the US you may have a crazy uncle who would start his own little revolution. Here you have old ladies that would bake cookies for the rebels and throw the pans at the cops from the balconies.

It is not an excuse for cops having a heavy hand, but it is what it is. I think it is expected. People know better here. Violence must be met with violence.

People are not scared of authority like that in Spain. They do dumb things sometimes when they are pissed and desperate. Cops and the civil guard respond in kind, especially the civil guard. They are a branch of the military.

edit on 20-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
In an ideal world protests are all peacefull, only to be dealt a severe blow by the authorities then it all escalates into violence.
Then the people on the sidelines can see who the real enemy is in the governments.
But most of the time there are elements in the protesting crowd who are too stupid to see their actions help the the thing they want rid of the most along, and they are Anarchists.
Anarchist want a total reduction of government controls but when they fight and cause damage to show their anger the government then come along and get tough. so its stupidity in the anarchists minds ( if they have one) to even show up. but most of them arent there for the justice or to add their voice to the crowds they are only there to appease their own sense of 'victory' by burning and looting whilst everyone else is getting their necks stepped on.
We all need to take to the streets and literally drag out all politicians from their offices and say to them resign or be prosecuted, and then get those into office with no ties to corporations or companies, not on boards of directors or take payments or donations from them and who actually know that to get things done will take real world thinking and understanding of the isses and problems.
I bet if you get all the polticians out and tell them their payments are to stop how many of them would actually want to remain a politician?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot
these police actually had the balls to fire rubber bullets at the massive Protests - I wonder when the protests will turn into make the police pay mobs. it wouldn't take more than a spark. there is over 24% unemployment only about 2% more than here in the USA and we really cant call what we are doing protesting .... take a look at SPAIN.. now thats a protest....

Thursday - Spain Erupts into a show of people power

Well at least the Americans figured out not to protest the puppets at washington, but getting closer to the pupeteers at wall street.

new topics

top topics

join