It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quote: "Obama Admin Harasses Pro-Lifer, FBI Visit for Protesting Abortion"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Lifenews.com has this article out, with the title "Obama Admin Harasses Pro-Lifer, FBI Visit for Protesting Abortion"

On July 13 FBI agents Conrad Rodriguez and William Sivley paid a visit to my son-in-law, Andy Moore, at his home. Andy is a pro-life activist who prays and protests outside the Southwest Women’s Surgery Center abortion mill in Dallas, where late-term abortionist Curtis Boyd freely acknowledges he “kill[s]” children.

2 things motivated this visit:
1. the use of a Megaphone.
2. Clinic Manager's complaint, "without evidence" of the complaint.
A. For trespassing.
B. For violence.

Personally, I don't like anyone's accusation being enough to harass citizens, even protesters, but I understand that it's covering the bases, in case the accusations are true.

But, the list of questions the FBI allegedly asked irritates me:

-What affiliations do you have including church groups?
-How long have you known your wife?
-What belief system makes you believe in your cause?
-What is your goal in protesting?
-Do you know why people would make complaints against you?
-Are there friends of yours or people you’re connected with that you could confidentially tell us are aggressive or abrasive? “Don’t be afraid to tell us.”
-Are you involved in activism in Austin, since we noticed some entries on abortionwiki?
-They were REALLY interested in the connection to Jill Stanek – details of internship, New Zealand speaking tour visit, did you get your activist and pro-life ideas from her? Did she train or teach you? Did you meet Jill before or after you became involved in the movement? Was it Jill who “fired you up” to become so active in the movement?
-They were overly nice saying he wasn’t in trouble and feel free to tell us anything. Encouraged him to keep going back out there, that they represent both sides. ++they are protecting his freedom of speech++ is what they kept saying.
-They said their task force that deals with these abortion cases also handles Hate Crimes and White Supremacy. Odd grouping with pro-lifers.
-They knew he was an immigrant. They said a felony on his record could/would get him deported. “You wouldn’t want to be apart from your wife and newborn.”

I mean, I expect these types of questions, but my response to most of those would wind up being: "It isn't your damned business. Go do your spy job and figure it out." Seriously, when did it become the government's business to find out whom I associate with, before finding out if the allegations were true or documented?

The further accusation of this site is:

The Obama administration is essentially engaging in a witch hunt. From the moment the new administration took office, the DOJ has been targeting peaceful pro-life sidewalk counselors. They have come out guns blazing on several occasions often bringing allegations that could later not be substantiated or in some cases clearly proven to be false. Their weapon of choice – the FACE act. The DOJ is using tactics that amount to legal extortion. They have filed these frivolous claims against innocent people who don’t have the finances to hire big shot attorneys. The DOJ then kindly offers to settle the case if the counselor simply agrees to stay so many yards away and pay a couple thousand dollar fine.

First, unless the ordinances in the area you protest in requires you to be x amount of feet from the property, as long as you are not directly on the property or blocking traffic, there's nothing the cops could do, so why can the FBI usurp laws to get you to settle for such a boundary?

Now the thing I didn't know was that this type of "Federal harassment" has been going on since Obama took office. This is new to me, but it doesn't surprise me.

So now, the question is: is this being done because the FBI or Obama's admin. is out to get RtL protesters or because they are protecting their backsides against another abortion clinic bombing?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
-They knew he was an immigrant. They said a felony on his record could/would get him deported. “You wouldn’t want to be apart from your wife and newborn.”

WHAT...THE...F***

Pushy, black-mailing, fear mongering cowards

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

Hey now...what's the big deal?

This might be the very first time in the FBI's history that they've finally got around to looking for real terrorists. Namely, the right-wing religious pro-lifer nutjobs who think that the US Constitution somehow gives the Federal Government authority to regulate the reproductive behaviors of the peasants.

Isn't it about time we started looking for a few of the real terrorists out there?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

What does defeating Obama (the massive banner at the bottom of this blog) have to do with this story? Any sane person knows it is the supreme court who has upheld the right to have an abortion. I don't remeber Bush stopping it, but I can guarentee you this site supported him.

Also, as it is blog, this could simply be made up. How did she know the exact wording of every detailed question? Is there a video tape or recording of the interview, if there was one? Seems like more paranoid hard core christians who need to get a job instead of spending their time harrasing people.

Also, that is what the FBI and police do. They investigate, often based upon a simple phone call. Was any one arrested? Then chill out - it is their job.

CJ
edit on 19-7-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I honestly don't know about the rest.

But the presidential candidate does matter when most of the Justices are ancient of days. So, if there's a pro-choice President, he's going to nominate someone who holds similar views to himself...at least that's often what's played out.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

History is not on your side - how long ago since Roe? Regardless, it should be a states right issue, not a federal one imo.

Also, as the writer of the article acknowledges, it was about time he was visited and not really a surprise - perhaps that is because they continually harrass people doing what is considered by the law to be legal.

CJ

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Hmm..
I would have thought 3 things that
precipracated their visit were;

Abortion Clinic bombings
Threats against Clinic Staff (ie "Wanted" posters)
And the gunning down of Doctors at Abortion clinics.

top topics

join