It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun battle in N. Korea leaves about 20 soldiers dead: report

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Its south korean propaganda ,when will people on here learn.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You mean, Kim Jong Un's wife right? That's how it works in that country, right? Supreme Master Deity Overlord owns everything and everyone, and comes first at all costs, and the people must be grateful.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Hard to say, if this DID happen.

NK is so secretive, we may never know.

S&F

I agree with that, if this really happened it would be news all over but so far nothing on the news.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Seriously it wouldn't surprise me is Kim Jr. does try to reform North Korea. Think about it the kid had to seen the world around him and what it is like, when his father sent him away. His father dieing probablly was the best thing for North Korea. I can understand seeing the world outside of North Korea, and wanting to reform the country to be like other western countries.

Also Jang Song-thaek is the guy who is supose to guide or be Kim jr.s advisor or mentor. At one time Jang Song-thaek was exiled from North Korea because he was into reforming North Korea. Kim Sr. sent Jang Song-thaek away, for punnishement, supposed Kim Sr. said that Jang Song-thaek learned his lesson and was reformed to North Korea's way of thinking. Well Kim Sr. appointed Jang Song-thaek to be Kim Jr's advisor or mentor to help Kim Jr Rule. I am thinking perhaps Jang Song-thaek might also have influeced Kim Jr. to try and reform North Korea.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostingmiranda

I love your optimism about Baby-Kim here, but the couple people in Earth, literally, who have ever known him and left North Korea to share an insight or two with the world have painted a pretty clear picture. Also, recall, the world wasn't even in agreement as to his birthdate or age....so almost nothing is known about this guy. Kinda like another lea...oh ..nvm..

Anyway, he's described as exceptionally dangerous, unstable, psychotic, spoiled, egotistical to a clinical illness level and generally figuring the world around him exists for him and we're all just bit players in his own version of Life, Part 1.

I'd LOVE to see something else be true....but so far he's threatened to obliterate South Korea and Seoul specifically, more than once and heck...no one there ever knows when people in the North are serious or not. This is one guy I absolutely do not give the benefit of the doubt to. Evil runs in families, IMO...and this run is 'strong with the force'.

(I love the other post about this just being someone losing their job. lol... no kidding! Retirement in North Korean Civil Service....que gunshots.)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

NK is notorious for secret prisons for their citizens who are taken away with no trial. I bet this person of command knew or was told he was being arrested not retired.

And in truth the NK has something the rest of world does not have and does not want. They have the worlds largest maximum security prison for children. I know the name and location of it once, but that escapes me now. There are 3 ways those kids get sent there. 1 committing a real crime, 2 being caught out on the streets after curfews, 3 if there parents are suspected of plotting against the regime.

When the walls finally fall someday we will more human abuse atrocities inside this one country than any that has ever been recorded before in history. We will be humane opening up to help the people, while at the same time those in commands who carried out abuse against their own people we will be screaming to hang them from the closest light pole and let them rot.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11And now NK?Doesn't any Country take a holiday from killing anymore?

NK has been notorious to extort money from the international organizations with self inflicted wounds and crisis

I dont know if they need more money or some form of aid but definitely it would be nice to see it open up to the world.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Pretty interesting. Sounds like something out of a movie though. Only the N Koreans know if it's true.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024

Could this be a start of a rebellion? Or possibly something like, well if you end up fired in a dictatorship such as North Korea, you might as well consider that firing to be fatal and open fire anyways to try and save yourself? Interesting that Ri Yong-ho's guards also fought to save him, assuming he was killed and assuming any of this is real in the first place.

Sounds to me more like Kim is consolidating his power over potential rivals. Perhaps Ri was planning a coup, or Kim just worried that he might and might have the power base to pull it off.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
And now NK?

Doesn't any Country take a holiday from killing anymore?

Sundays are out but maybe just like a Tuesday or something?

Hard to say what happened here but I'll get my wife (Korean) to look further and call home for some news.

Peace

Let's not make jokes about killings, and your wife (Korean) isn't going to get any better information than the South Korean government's intelligence agencies can.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Some info I found, but that's about it.........

www.kfvs12.com...

edit on 22-7-2012 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join