It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RT is top news producer on YouTube – Pew Study

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Now I enjoy RT because their views are a complete 180 of the MSM we all know and love. They live to report on all things western & exposing their dirty laundry, even attack the MSM themselves, but more importantly they have the ability to take on the conspiracy perspective while not bashing the conspiracy or those who believe in it. That said, how seriously can I take them when they rarely report on what's doin in Russia, & when they do it's not at all with the same vigor as they do with the west.

Either way, I will continue to read RT and will give them all the time they need to evolve

RT is top news producer on YouTube – Pew Study

www.rt.com...

YouTube is home both to professional news and amateur evidence. During its 15-month research, the US-based center picked the 260 most popular news videos uploaded to the website – and just over a half of them still came from official news organizations.

In new media era, RT watches you!

RT comes on top having generated 8.5 per cent of the 260 most popular videos picked by the PEJ. Over 285,000 people follow the RT YouTube channel. The channel’s videos have been viewed almost 750 million times – this by far outstrips Al Jazeera English with its 382 million views, Sky News with 52 million and Fox News with 23 million.

Why so popular? A good part of the most viewed RT’s videos are not edited news packages at all – they are first-person video accounts of worldwide events, such as the aftermath of Japan’s 2011 earthquake and tsunami or football fans clashing in Poland.

“Raw video is a 'native' format for YouTube – this is your first stop if you want to share a great eyewitness video you've just shot, and your first stop if you want to see one,” says RT’s web promotion chief Mikhail Konrad.

“‘No comments’ videos are, in a sense, a universal news element, tied to no specific language, requiring no commentary or presentation. This is what goes viral across the web,” adds Konrad.

The PEJ study suggests that RT broadcasts online videos to later share them again on YouTube.

“A lot of our videos are produced specifically for YouTube, bypassing scheduled TV news bulletins,” remarks Konrad. “This allows us to move as quickly as possible and be the first to reach viewers online.”

RT is the first Russian media outlet to open its channel on YouTube. Founded in 2005, the global multilingual news network, previously known as Russia Today, has built a large international following. The channel broadcasts to 430 million people in more than 100 countries.

­

edit on 19-7-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Shhh... we would be better off keeping this information secret i think... Once the major advertisers gets to know this information, they will of course want to buy more and more adspace, in effect buying the entire news channel like they have done with the now corrupt MSM like Fox, Cnn, etc, ensuring they will stop with their honest coverage on even the most controversial matters, like they have today. There is a reason why the MSM are loosing viewers and RT is gaining: People are waking up.

RT is the only news channel i feel i can trust nowadays, not even the local news in Sweden are fair or unbiased anymore... And it seems alot of others feel the same way.
edit on 19-7-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Funny that youtube won't give RT their own paid channel either like all the western outlets get.

reply to post by Swills

That said, how seriously can I take them when they rarely report on what's doin in Russia, & when they do it's not at all with the same vigor as they do with the west.
Well you have two pieces of the puzzle right in front of you.
Read western media to learn whats happening in Russia
And read RT to learn whats happening in the West.

Just be sure to soak in the facts and not opinion, it also helps to double check facts made; and in the case of a western media story I don't mean just another outlet because they use the same material anyway.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

trust me, the word is out and RT competition knows all about his, advertisers included.

reply to post by HumanCondition

Yes, I see the pieces but what I would rather is the whole package.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanCondition

Well you have two pieces of the puzzle right in front of you. Read western media to learn whats happening in Russia And read RT to learn whats happening in the West.

With this i can agree 100%, although there is not awhole lot happening in russia compared to what is happening in the west, which might explain why they all have far less Russian coverage than western.... And that is true for them all, not just RT. Number 1 priority is to get viewers afterall.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I think it's great watching all of the so called MSM outlets start to crumble ...haha serves them right. They are nothing but outlets to serve the state(federal gov.) They report false info to boost ratings and even make up stories that don't even exist. RT is a very good one; I also like "The YoungTurks as well.
edit on 7/20/2012 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Yes here in the UK i enjoy watching RT. I like the kaiser report
He loves to give it to the banksters and the wall street crooks

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

RT is turning 10 now, who knows where they will be in 20 years ...

new topics

top topics

join