It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disaster Service Worker Programs and Loyalty Oaths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I am not really sure where to put this. I recently received a communication regarding a California program called the Disaster Service Worker Program. I do not work for the state and yet our governmental organization is about to have every employee take a loyalty oath and this is happening quickly. I have been around more than a hot minute and have never seen this be required of us before. In addition a meeting is being held of select people (because of their jobs) to make sure all the employees take and sign the oath so that it can be on file.

I have a couple of issues and questions about this. Firstly, I don't swear on or by anything. As Christians we are not supposed to. Secondly, this whole thing about oaths is stupid, I mean do you really believe a terrorist or a criminal is going to act better because he took an oath? What the oaths do is let them legally hold you accountable for following orders. I am not in the military and not in law enforcement, I am a civilian. What these oaths do is hold civilians to the same accountability as sworn people. It basically militarizes civilians.

As this is a conspiracy website I mention it for the following reasons. Firstly, is this going on throughout the state, there must be people who work for other government organizations in California that are not state employees. Also, why is the Disaster Service Worker program being activated, is it being activated in other parts of the state. I am not aware of any current disaster requiring any such activation in my area. Finally, I won't go into details; but, I have reason to believe there will be a change in local governments in California that will begin in August and this Oath is to be taken by the end of July.

Just to save people time, I will not reveal what I do, where I do it or the organization I work for. What I am looking for is not conspiracy theories; but, instead wish to know if this is an anomaly or a pattern within the state.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I think you might be reading to much into it.

Taking a oath doesnt "militarizes civilians". Public officials, Police, Judges, Nurses, Doctors and many more civilians take a oath for thier job.

Taking a oath is just making a promise to yourself and who or whatever you swore under that you will do whatever it is you do to the best of your ability.

Is it worth risking your job over, probably not... Btw you dont have to swear under God or any religious figure while taking a oath. When I took my oath for the Army they made sure to tell us not too swear under god if we didnt want too. I swore under SpongeBob SquarePants, not lying

But who knows, maybe they are preparing for something that we dont know about

edit on 19-7-2012 by ussoldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I tried to reply to your messge you sent and I wrote a long msg but when I hit send it say I can only send msgs to ats staff

I might have jumped the gun when i read your thread and figured you might be one of those people that think everything is a conspiracy. For that I apologise.

Anyway. after reading your msg I can see why you migt be a little paranoid.. I would like too hear more about it when you get more info and post a thread, but dont post anything that might be confidential. Hate for you to lose or job or worse. I almost got my Secret clearance taken away while in Iraq. When I was looking up recent SIGACTS, not thinking I plugged my Ipod into SIPR computer to charge it, A BIG NO NO. Battalion S2 wasnt very happy, but luckily I was friends with him so I got a warning.. lol
edit on 20-7-2012 by ussoldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
CAn you actually post the contents of the letter?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Poster?

top topics

join