It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do all the major religions, worship the same God?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameliel

Im confused about God being "up there". I thought he was right here in and with us at all times, and that we didnt need to go up there to speak with him.

Correct, in his spirit, but not himself if that makes sense. When man speaks or prays to Father, his spirit is the one that is there with man, speaking and guiding.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
See thats another thing.....anyone can say they went "up there", and talked to him directly. Many false prophets have done similar throughout the ages.

reply to post by jhill76

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jameliel
See thats another thing.....anyone can say they went "up there", and talked to him directly. Many false prophets have done similar throughout the ages.

reply to post by jhill76

I was not stating that for ones that talk with him and talking down here to others.

My intent in that was saying, you can not speak for Father and say he will or will not do something unless you are with him always seeing his actions and asking of him what he is doing and why he did it. (Asking, not questioning)

Even if one from above states what is, it still needs to be confirmed via Father, if you want the expanded version.

edit on 2-1-2013 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
For the most part yes. Meaning it's whether you want to get into technicalities between macro and micro cosms.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelayedChristmas
Let's not be so hard on ourselves. All religions do in fact worship the same God, however, methinks its indirectly however. God knows the heart. God acknowledges those that acknowledge Him, regardless of religious affiliation or lack thereof.

If we have Paul describing God in his own way, and Muhammad describing God in his own way, aren't we just following what a man says about God? Isn't this how the religions were formed?

Think about this quote because it is holds true. All religions have been built on man's views on God. One's view point of God does not mean that is applicable for all, such as Paul's viewpoints on celibacy expressed in 1 Corinthians 7:1-7. He states that although he wishes that all are celibate, it is not a commandment to do so; each person has an individual purpose and celibacy may not be in said person's path.
edit on 2-1-2013 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

All religions don't follow a deity at all, so it isn't possible for them all to follow the same one. Some follow multiple deities.

Religion is simply a set of beliefs. Some of those are based on perceptions of people, and some are based on revelations that people believe they have been given.

Paul made it clear that was his personal view, not a commandment. In his case, he probably felt that it would be easier to focus on God's will for his life if he didn't have those personal distractions. For him, that might have been a good plan.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Im confused about God being "up there". I thought he was right here in and with us at all times, and that we didnt need to go up there to speak with him.

You aren't confused. God is omnipresent, meaning he is everywhere. There isn't a need for people to go someplace to talk to Him.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

You aren't confused. God is omnipresent, meaning he is everywhere. There isn't a need for people to go someplace to talk to Him.

If Father is above in his chambers, or he is speaking at the meetings, his spirits will be the ones watching over at said time. In essence, he is everywhere, but his attention will be focused on what he is doing at the moment. When he leaves his chambers, or is done speaking for example, he will update himself on all that has happened by way of his spirits.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

If Father is above in his chambers, or he is speaking at the meetings, his spirits will be the ones watching over at said time. In essence, he is everywhere, but his attention will be focused on what he is doing at the moment. When he leaves his chambers, or is done speaking for example, he will update himself on all that has happened by way of his spirits.

Where is your evidence of what you claim here? I see none. God doesn't need some "spirits" to update Him on what is happening. That's flat ridiculous. Omnipresent, and omniscient. Everywhere, knowing everything. Updates??? If your "Father" needs updates, then that one isn't the God I follow.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

edit on 7-1-2013 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Where is your evidence of what you claim here? I see none. God doesn't need some "spirits" to update Him on what is happening. That's flat ridiculous. Omnipresent, and omniscient. Everywhere, knowing everything. Updates??? If your "Father" needs updates, then that one isn't the God I follow.

It still makes absolutely no sense why God would send an arch-angel to Earth. Chiefly the one in charge of keeping all records and quick to wisdom. Even if he DID send this one to Earth to be in human form, then why would he tell that angel, "go on ATS Forums and be very vague". "Anytime someone asks you a question and isn't satisfied with the answer, simply state you have already answered it, or that you cannot do so via electronic communication". "Go now my Ark of the Library of the Heavens".

I tried being rational and not debating on the open forums, but now he totally ignores anything I say as if my words have no merit, and as if I am some negative force. In truth I have looked for knowledge and honesty in all things I've typed here, and Ive done so with purity of the heart. Let his actions and words reflect the true nature and origin of his intent. As I have stated several times; "You will know a tree by it's fruit".

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

It still makes absolutely no sense why God would send an arch-angel to Earth. Chiefly the one in charge of keeping all records and quick to wisdom. Even if he DID send this one to Earth to be in human form, then why would he tell that angel, "go on ATS Forums and be very vague". "Anytime someone asks you a question and isn't satisfied with the answer, simply state you have already answered it, or that you cannot do so via electronic communication". "Go now my Ark of the Library of the Heavens".

I tried being rational and not debating on the open forums, but now he totally ignores anything I say as if my words have no merit, and as if I am some negative force. In truth I have looked for knowledge and honesty in all things I've typed here, and Ive done so with purity of the heart. Let his actions and words reflect the true nature and origin of his intent. As I have stated several times; "You will know a tree by it's fruit".

You are right. First, God would not send an archangel to Earth for a task like talking to people online. Even if He did, that one would not be vague and evasive, and would certainly not contradict the Word of God. Only two - Gabriel and Michael - are even mentioned in the Bible (not counting apocryphal books that many don't consider Scripture). Certainly, neither f those would be assigned to such a task!

You can be rational and debate openly. I don't see any reason for all that PM stuff he was talking about to some, on threads he started, and then refused to really support. There are only a couple of reasons that I have seen for someone ignoring others in a thread (other than simply not getting back to it for whatever reason). One would be that the person was rude (which I certainly have NOT seen from you). The other would be if the one ignoring knew they had lost, and so they simply refused to talk any further.

His actions and words certainly do reflect his intent, from what I have read. Here, we are supposed to be debating whether or not all religions follow the same deity, but again, he's off this way and that, claiming special knowledge, but refusing to explain how he would have such knowledge. Anyone else debating has offered opinions based on various religious works, their experience, and so forth. For some reason, all we get from the OP is statements with no explanation, and no support, followed by evasion. If someone wanted to share what they considered to be truth, that would not be a logical way to do it. I base my statements on the Bible, for example. Some might disagree, but it's clear where my opinions come from. Where those of this guy come from, he seems unwilling to share.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join