It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do all the major religions, worship the same God?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Glass

i totally agree with you!..
especially about people not seeing the full perspective of god, only just believing in a small portion of him.

your post is similar to mine above but you made it better! haha

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Glass

The reason for this is that those who are trying to describe God are trying to describe that which is infinite, encompassing all things, in finite terms.

This sums up my thoughts on this as well. Trying to describe Father or even above, would not fit in the bible.
edit on 19-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

are we humans actually able to get what GOD really is?.. do we have the capabilities to really get what he is?
i think i have a strong imagination on things... especially when its about god, spirituality, or just the about what could be true.. but i still think that i cant even get what god truly is...
i mean how could any person possibly know this right?..

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by willrush

I asked Father many things along these lines. His response, "You will never completely understand until you return." I asked more about what he meant. He said, while in the vessel, you won't be able to fully comprehend.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
we buddhists don't worship gods.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

that is interesting.. i can see how this could be an answer...
maybe because there is a limitation to anything physical?. including the mind, because of the brain?.. but out of the body then possibilities are endless... including the understanding of god, which takes an endless understanding of things?.. haha.. i dont know.
but can i ask you a question? or is it not the right time for you to answer questions??

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotReallyASecret
we buddhists don't worship gods.

if your not joking.. and your a real buddhist.. then what is it that you worship, or believe in?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

but can i ask you a question? or is it not the right time for you to answer questions??

Sure, you can.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

ok first i want to know about dreams.. i feel like when you dream you sometimes see life through another reality, if that is wrong then let me know because that is my thought about them...
but iv been feeling that during the night when i sleep there is something that happens to me that i dont get to remember.. i never remember dreams at night.. i mean sometimes i do but dreams are rare for me to remember..

but this is my thought.. when i dream, something happens with my spirit and at that time i am learning things, or being taught, or go into a world where i know about the true reality of life, where things are perfect, you know? but then when i wake up its back to the world..
i usually always feel amazing in the morning, or just wake up with a smile or something like that, but i think its because during my dreaming something amazing is happening.. but for some reason i am not able to remember it.. because it is not the right time for me to know the things that is happening in my dreams..

my question is.. is something like this possible?

this is something that has come to my mind, but for some reason in my head it feels like the truth.. but another side of me tells myself that it isnt.. but i the side of me that is saying it is not true is just saying that because i am not supposed to know about it yet?
the biggest thing i believe in is what i feel is true in my mind and my gut.. and this is something that is telling me that during my dreaming state something is going on, something is going on where i am learning or experiencing something great.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

but this is my thought.. when i dream, something happens with my spirit and at that time i am learning things, or being taught, or go into a world where i know about the true reality of life, where things are perfect, you know? but then when i wake up its back to the world.. i usually always feel amazing in the morning, or just wake up with a smile or something like that, but i think its because during my dreaming something amazing is happening.. but for some reason i am not able to remember it..

You are taken above to be taught. You do not remember, because you have asked for those memories to be held. This is because you would not want to return here and finish.

You are experiencing above as it stands, this is why it seems perfect to you. Sometimes, the experience leaks over, because something that was given, needs to be brought to the surface of the mind, and not in the subconscious.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

that makes sense.. thank you... that is what i thought as well. but was not sure, that is why i wanted to ask you..

but since you mentioned the sub conscious.. what is it exactly?
i have thought that it is the thoughts that you are having in other realities... like we have our thoughts.. but in another reality. our thoughts here would be in the sub conscious in that reality? haha

i dont know. but if that is wrong then what is the deal with the sub conscious?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

It is mainly there to hold all of your thoughts that you cannot hold on the surface of the brain. Some, can process these thoughts in parallel (if that makes sense), but the majority cannot.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

i dont really get what you mean by in parallel?
can you expand on that

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by willrush
reply to post by jhill76

i dont really get what you mean by in parallel?
can you expand on that

Usually, a human can only think of one thought at a time. When out of the body, you can process many thoughts at once. Some in the body, can process more than one thought at a time.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

oh ok i see.. that is interesting..
is it the kind of thought where you speak to yourself in your head?
are there different kinds of thought?

i have noticed that there are 3 ways i can think.. where i speak to myself as if i were talking to any other person.. or where i can imagine images in my head.. or where i dont really think at all, and and when i do this i can get thoughts about things but its not like im thinking about them or thinking about anything.. my mind is just sitting there.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

is it the kind of thought where you speak to yourself in your head?

Not that thought, but maybe. I am more talking about say, you are working on a project. You need to think, how to best approach it. You can bring in all of the variables and play them out at once, or go through them one at a time. Some can do it all at once, while some can only do it one at a time.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

oh i see.. hmm well is there anything special with these certain people who can do this?

what are the differences in different thinking?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by willrush
reply to post by jhill76

oh i see.. hmm well is there anything special with these certain people who can do this?

what are the differences in different thinking?

I will explain this in private message.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

alright cool thank you

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

would you be able to answer this question when you have the time too?.. im sorry i sent this to you before haha.. but here it is again. sorry but here it is.......

i want to know if there is a significance with the number 3... i have read people talking about if there is any significance with it and aliens, because when people see flying saucers they see 3 lights usually...

but there is something that iv been thinking that might be a significance to 3... and that is the spirit, the mind, and the body.

iv been thinking about this for a few days and this morning when i woke up it was just on my mind,
i find that when i wake up in the morning my mind is always racing on things about god or just life.

but i want to see if i am correct that the spirit, the mind, and the body are the 3 essential things of life that make up who we are?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join