It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Rebels take Iraqi borders and kill 21 Syrian guards

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Syrian Rebels have taken control of the Iraq border crossings by killing the guards in front of the Iraqis. Not sure why they would do that, but that is what is being reported.

www.google.com...

news.sky.com...

On this link there is a video showing the rebels destroying the border crossing signs. It looks like they are brutalizing the current regime.

There was also a report that the rebels dismembered an officer before killing him.

I don't pretend to know who is behind this or what the end goals are, but if this was ever bad this is worse.
edit on 19-7-2012 by onecraftydude because: misleading title

edit on 19-7-2012 by onecraftydude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Could be the reason for the US to get back into Iraq and grow roots.

I figured something would happen sooner or later that would lead to our return.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by onecraftydude

I am starting to become legitimately confused. Who are the bad guy in this scenario again?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

If anything, this could very well be a reason for us to justify kicking around in Syria, while Israel starts taking on Iran.

What a great country I live in.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnnysixguns

I am starting to become legitimately confused. Who are the bad guy in this scenario again?

corrupted Media backing the FSA will let you think Assad is the big boogey man

but if you interested and confuse about who are the bad guys

check out this : Syria : The Real Situation

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
your title confused me.

I thought they had killed 21 Iraqi guards.

The source says this hasn't been independently verified.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Can anyone identify the weapon in the photo? It would go a long way in identifying who is supporting them.

[url=http://]http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/slideshow/ALeqM5ispIrLdwmKGnbZc_TzlUOPGFyeow?docId=CNG.eeb39b7412701b678cf051d8c5bf6266.391&index=0[ /url]

I tried to zoom in on the gun but it got too pixelated.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I listed 2 sources, but it has been reported by at least 4. The video and some pictures have not been verified, but the border crossings have been. The last few days there has been an influx of Iraqi's returning to Iraq through the borders so maybe they want to stop the flow. It's like jumping out of boiling water only to land in the fire.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
This is what it looks like when Sunni's take control from a Shia minority Government, IMO. This was behind MUCH of the fighting in Iraq for those years, as well as the US in a 3 way free for all. No one is in Syria to try and mitigate it this time. I hope they show restraint. Minority doesn't mean small number in real world terms. It could get real ugly.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
your title confused me.

I thought they had killed 21 Iraqi guards.

The source says this hasn't been independently verified.

I fixed it. It says the pictures and video have not been verified. The news of the border takeover by rebels was reported by the Baghdad deputy interior minister and verified by others in Iraq.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I don't think they are worried about being nice. According to Iraqi sources they murdered the guards in front of the Iraqi guards. They could have taken them prisoner or forced them to cross the border, but they shot them all. They are making a statement and securing the borders. I think it is a smart move to keep control of what is entering from Iraq.

I am not sure what killing those guards was all about?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Killing them is what I'm talking about. There has been a war within a war the whole time here and we've been on what I consider to be the wrong side....or really, any side because we needed to be clear out of this internal stuff within Islam. It's none of our business.

However, some of the worst and most cold blooded violence in Iraq, if one searches, didn't involve western forces at all, on any side of it. It was Arabs dragging Arabs out of buses to line up and shoot point blank by the dozen. Americans did some nasty stuff...but sure not THAT. That was sectarian fighting within Islam and between those sects.

Syria and Iran are the last major Governments left for Shia to live under..and as Iraq showed, finding a balance is a real bloody thing. So whatever else? Well.. Iran will be fighting for that, as well. Especially now that Syria looks to actually fall soon.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Really, did they have to cut the colonels arms and legs off, wasn't a bullet in the head enough?!? These sick sob's are just proving what kind of evil the world is supporting just like in Libya, Afg and Iraq.

The top official said Iraqi border guards had witnessed the Free Syrian Army take control of a border outpost, detain a Syrian army lieutenant colonel, and then cut off his arms and legs.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I have a really hard time keeping up with the rebels. I know the CIA has been responsible for virtually all of the regime changes in those parts for better than 30 years. This would be a perfect place, and they have already said as much, to stage attacks on Iran and other nations that get in their way.

Too bad we have no say in the matter and we have to pay for all the guns and bombs and food and tanks and eventually rebuilding what we blew up when we declare war. I don't even think the President has any control of this anymore. I think the ball has started rolling down the hill and nobody can stop it.

new topics

top topics

join