It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chick-Fil-A goes public with opposition to gay marriage

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Apparently the Jim Henson Company doesn't agree.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SrWingCommander

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
what that hell is so wrong with gay marriage? why are they not allowed to go through the ups and downs of marriage? It doesn't effect me or anyone one else. The only real problem i have is the fact that gays have to have these stupid gay pride parades, who cares shut up and be gay if you want, you don't need to parade it around, that's why you get all the negative attention. Have you ever heard of a strait pride parade? i haven't and if there are any i would say the same damn thing, shut up and be strait you don't need to parade it around. Everybody has a right to love, but we don't need you parading it around seriously...

Peace
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

In the Western World..."marriage" is a religious conscration primarily of the Judeo-Christian value set. Which also happen to not allow homosexual acts as part of said religions. One may not agree with that. But It doesn't change the fact. Since those of the Judeo/Christian religons are opposed to homosexuality, they don't agree with their relgious consecration being essentially mocked or descrated by those who are involved in actions that are contrary to that religious act (marriage).

Again, one may disagree with that, but that's the position. Most are fine with "civil unions", just don't call it marriage.

2nd to that is essentially marriage was the act by which two people were bonded to produce children. Again, not something two homosexual's can biologically do.

Marriage may have different connetations today, but that's the basic jist of the history of it, and where many still stand.

i know, im from the western world. I just think they should get over it, it doesnt effect them in anyway if two men/women get married. Its not like they are sinning when gays get married. Why do straits have to get married or can we get civil partnerships too? Whats the difference exactly?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Dan Cathy’s Christian beliefs require him to first and foremost honor God and not popular opinion. His stores are not open on Sunday because of these beliefs. Why is it the homosexual community expects everyone to except their way of life, but lashes out when someone else has another belief? Is he banning Gays from his stores? No. By all means always feel free to spend your money where ever you so choose to patronize, but that doesn’t dictate how or what the owner believes.
I believe that homosexuality could be an anomaly caused by a chemical imbalance or even a mental illness such as depression. This doesn’t cause me to treat anyone any different, but that’s my belief. You can claim “I hate you”, but after hearing this I usually receive a streaming flow of hateful insults from those that are gay. Seems the “hate” has two sides.
I would rather know the position of a company’s leadership than not. Make your own decisions on where to spend your cash, but let’s stop calling every disagreement, however fundamental, a hate.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SrWingCommander

Originally posted by olaru12
In protest of the Chick-fil-A NWO facist, communist, anti gay agenda....

I went to "Pappa Tio's" today and had a plate of Huevos Rancheros and my GF had a Chemichanga and a bottle of Fanta [grape].

Mom and pop operation, 3 tables, and a picnic bench in the front yard. Striking Another blow in my war against corporate tyranny.

So, because the owner of Chic Fillet, has a particular personal religous point of view, he is an "NWO facist, communist, anti gay agenda"??? That's really rich....considering 2 of the 3, contradict each other

oh my God........

....sarcasm is the lowest form of humor and you didn't see it. Good for you!!!

You just won a $2.00 TACO.....
Made from Fish and Cheese.........

edit on 26-7-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join