It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chick-Fil-A goes public with opposition to gay marriage

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy has come out and stated that he is opposed to gay marriage. While this is his opinion, and not necessarily the opinion of the employees or fellow executives, he does state that the company has biblically-based principles to its business.

Even though I applaud his right to having his own opinion and free speech, I disagree with his views and belief. I love chick-fil-a, but I'm not sure I want to continue to give them my business. Some people might cheer Dan Cathy's statement, while others may form boycotts and protests.

What do you think? Do you think he should've came out with this statement?

marketday.msnbc.msn.com...
edit on 19-7-2012 by ProtectedWitness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtectedWitness

I wish that he would have kept his mouth closed on such issues all along. Because he didn't, my wife has banned Chick-Fil-A in our household. And they just built one A few blocks from my house. ditto for Domino's and that fitness place.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Good for him! I will be buying more Chick Fil A.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
He did say that it was his opinion.
Regardless I don't think this will hurt chic-fil-a at all. For every 1 pro-gay protester there are 10 christian/conservative customers.
Not to mention all the people in the middle who just don't care because it is soooo good.

After all they close on sunday, yet they are still very sucessful.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I guess Obama's re-election committee won't be asking them for a donation or sponsorship....

Des

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Never heard of chick-fil-a before till now and it looks pretty damn good....

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Never heard of chick-fil-a before till now and it looks pretty damn good....

They are a christian based corporation. But, they do make one hell of a good chicken salad sandwich....

Des

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I prefer the grilled chicken sandwich, or the nuggets and the waffle fries; but yeah they are good.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Dont really care what his stance on gay marriage is. Will his words affect me personally? No.
Not really certain why he would come out with that. Why open the door for controversy, what is the upside?

They have a fantastic product, and an amazing business model. People will conitnue to frequent their establishment regardless of what he said.

For the record I endorse 2 consenting adults doing whatever the hell they want to do together.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
so does god but nobody seems to listen to his words of wisdom .kill them all god will protect his own .not amused there will be none of this when i am president

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical

I wish that he would have kept his mouth closed on such issues all along. Because he didn't, my wife has banned Chick-Fil-A in our household. And they just built one A few blocks from my house. ditto for Domino's and that fitness place.

I forward the motion we revoke your mancard....

Second????

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SrWingCommander

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical

I forward the motion we revoke your mancard....

Second????

Harumph! I take it you are not married

edit on 19-7-2012 by crawdad1914 because: screwed up da post

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
He also refuses to put stores in Las Vegas.....it is "Sin City" after all!
Whatever!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by crawdad1914

13 years......

Which may mean it's been long enough that I may not be all concerned with the response.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
what that hell is so wrong with gay marriage? why are they not allowed to go through the ups and downs of marriage? It doesn't effect me or anyone one else. The only real problem i have is the fact that gays have to have these stupid gay pride parades, who cares shut up and be gay if you want, you don't need to parade it around, that's why you get all the negative attention. Have you ever heard of a strait pride parade? i haven't and if there are any i would say the same damn thing, shut up and be strait you don't need to parade it around. Everybody has a right to love, but we don't need you parading it around seriously...

Peace
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
You know this conversation came up the other day at my moms house. A chick Fillet or however it's spelled is a block from her place. She's banned going there because of their gay stance. But she did admit that the food was pretty damned good.

I prefer how In-N-Out Burger handles their religious views. They don't much discuss them but they are a very christian organization too. All of their soda cups have religious verses printed on the inside lip on the bottom of the cup. I personally will be a loyal In-N-Out Burger fan regardless of their religious views. It's not my business. Now putting one of their mouth watering Double Doubles with Animal Sauce in my stomach is though.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I don't see why he had to state his stance, but at the same time its not like his views, or what the company does with some of its profits, is anything new. The fact that they are closed on Sundays should be a major clue to their religious leanings.

I have many friends who are planning on boycotting CFA because of this. I personally think its ridiculous, but its not like my opinion matters much. If I was ever going to protest a company, I'd do it over how they got their product (in the case of CFA how they treat their chickens) or how they treated/paid their workers. I don't really get too worked up over what a private company does with their profits.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
This doesn't surprise me at all. Stupid Chickfilla with there delicious chicken sandwichs and awesome potato frys.

I mean its a fast food joint that closes on Sunday because thats "gods" day.. why would this surprise anyone or bother anyone.

Good for Chickfila for living up to its own set standards.

BTW went there today and the guy that gave me my food was definitely flaming... so I'm cool with this.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I'm against chicfila, kfc and all those evil places that MURDER us poor defensless chitens!!!

edit on 20-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

It would be prudent if Dan Cathy stays out of my place of business because I don't support stupid Christians telling me how to live my life or what is a proper life style.

Of course he has the right to his opinion and I have the right to kick his butt out to the curb if he trespasses on my business property.

I'd rather go get my chicken from a mom and pop establishment anyway rather than from corporate fast food fascists.

edit on 20-7-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join