It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: 27 layers of security clearance above Top Secret???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Here is my thread on it;

21 Levels of Secruity Clearances above POTUS

There's even a diagram that shows the classes and levels of SC as well. Pretty interesting stuff, I know.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
reply to post by swan001

but the only one that ultimately matters is the top level.

what happens to the adventurer when they arrive at this location?

seems like it would be a place of sadness and mourning for the wayward traveler.

I agree.
I used to want to know.
Now I am fine to leave that to others, as I go off in other adventures.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Whipfather

Yeah, that's what I got.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

Great thread! So, cosmic is one level under majestic. It's great to see the chart again. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

why should the mail boy have access to the inner workings of the corporation?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

But i think the president could get majestic. Obama can ask about anything and if he does not get an answer he can just replace the head of the CIA or any department and put someone who would give him the answers...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Most likely there is a lot of truth to this theory! That is what amazes me when I see people go ape#^&@ on someone when the mention a Shadow Government!

I guess it is okay for the President to not know everything, but to say we have people running our government other than our elected officials is a conspiracy theory????

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I think Obama is way under Majestic, or even under everything "-ic". That means someone owns him, not the other way around...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Obama is just a puppet.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

Yup. The chart shows that, all right.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

No president will ever have the top level of clearance unless the end of the world is on hand and it's a necessity. The president is a temp. No employer is going to let a temp gain access to all their trade secrets.

I've told this story before but it's a good one so I'll repeat it. Several years ago, Mark and I had a series of meetings with various TV news shows (Bill might have been there as well). One of the shows that we were pitching a story to was 60 Minutes and the producer we were meeting with was, at one time, the producer of Nightline with Ted Koppel. Nightline was the show that received the original Majestic Documents. He was the producer who got that package and the first to be sucked into that bit of tomfoolery.

Anyway, the guy has had a serious interest in aliens and ufos for years and, he said, he remembered Jimmy Carter, when he was running for office, talking about the UFO he saw and promising that, if he was elected, he'd open the files on Roswell and let us know what really happened blah blah blah.

Well, year's later this producer ran into the former president and they were talking and he asked about that promise. Carter said to him "I asked to see the files, they wouldn't show them to me." The producer then said, "with all due respect, sir, you are the president, who has a higher clearance than you?"

And that was when Carter said "I was a temp." He explained that the best kept secrets cannot be divulged to every president who comes along or the secrets will get out and whatever it is that they are trying to keep quiet will become whatever it they fear it will become.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
There are undoubtedly many layers, but they aren't on top of each other. They are parallel. I may be cleared for Top Secret SCI for an NSA building in Augusta, Georgia, but I would be unable to enter any other NSA building. The idea comes from the Majestic issue, but no one has actually verified that there are "27 layers" exactly. It's oneof those old husband's tales that has percolated around the UFO field for decades.

Obama is a security risk. There's no reason he would be granted access to anything but the bare minimum he needs for his job.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

This is a great story but carter was a one term President. A second term President can hire or replace just about anyone. If Obama gets a second term or any second term president didn't get answers he wanted he could just replace the heads of the security services. dont you think?
edit on 19-7-2012 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac
reply to post by Crakeur

This is a great story but carter was a one term President. A second term President can hire or replace just about anyone. If Obama gets a second term or any second term president didn't get answers he wanted he could just replace the heads of the security services. dont you think?
edit on 19-7-2012 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)

Who would he replace them with? Other people who were not in the loop either. Presidents and their appointees come and go, but the civil service stays in place. Two polar opposites, Reagan and Obama, said exactly the same thing. They were unable to "change Washington." If there are super secrets embedded in the government, no elected officials will be able to pry them loose.
edit on 7/19/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The President can replace anyone he wants, in the executive branch (1/3) of the government, but it doesn't change his status as the world's most powerful postal clerk. The only thing that happens is that he has to train a new employee; the new guy would probably know less than the person he replaced most likely.

in an environment of 'need to know' its possible that the person sought most, the top layer, would be clueless to the details of what was going on anyway.

there seems to be only one way...make a move on the big fish and pray to God Almighty for the best.

the idea that this puzzle can be solved without first experiencing extreme pain and regret is unreasonable.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac
I heard a wild-eyed rumor from a source I'm highly skeptical of that there are "27 layers of security above the president". I was wondering if there was any truth to that. If anything, I'm sure it's an exaggeration.
1. Is there any clearance that President Obama does not have?

The President does not need a security clearance to access classified national security information. NSI is established by executive order, as is the security clearance system. The President exempted himself from the clearance requirement in the same order that created the security clearance system (EO 12968).

Information classified under the Atomic Energy Act is classified by statute, not executive order, so the Department of Energy might have the power to deny the President access. I haven't read the AEA very closely. I think it is unlikely, though. I think authority to look at the things you control is inherent in the executive power.

Some people apparently believe an X-files style cabal has established an illicit classification system for government-owned information and refuses to give the President access. But that would be a criminal conspiracy, not a system of security clearances or classifications. If this conspiracy exists, its actions should not be conflated with legitimate government policy.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Security Clearances:

1C or 2C - Federal
3C or 4C - Federal
5C or 6C - Federal
ADP 1
ADP 2
CIA Lifestyle Polygraph
COMSEC
CONFIDENTIAL
Cosmic Top Secret - ATOMAL/CTSA
DEA Clearance
DISA
DISCO
DOD
DOD Lifestyle Polygraph
DOD Secret
DOD - Top Secret SSBI
DOE - Nuclear
DOE - C
DOE - L
DOE - Q
DOJ � NACI
DOJ - Sensitive
DOJ - Secret
DOJ - Top Secret
EBI - Extended Background Investigation
FAA Clearance
FBI
Foreign Government Information
Industrial Clearance
Inactive Clearance
Inactive Top Secret Crypto
Interim Secret
Interim Top Secret
Interim TS / SCI
IRS - MBI
ISSA / CISSP
MBI (IRS)
NAC
NASA
NATO
NATO Secret
NSA Lifestyle Polygraph
Position of Public Trust 1C
Position of Public Trust 2C
Position of Public Trust 3C
Position of Public Trust 4C
Position of Public Trust 5C
Position of Public Trust 6C
Polygraph - Counterintelligence
Polygraph - Full Scope / Lifestyle
SAR
S - Secret
Secret COMSEC
Secret SBI
SIDA - Secured Identification Defense Area
SAP - Special Access Programs
SBI - Special Background Investigation
SCI - Special Compartmented Intelligence
SSBI - Single Scope Background Inv.
Technology
TS - Top Secret
Top Secret-Crypto
Top Secret-Crypto SCI / TK / G / HCS-P
Top Secret-Final / Crypto / Polygraph
Top Secret-SCI / SBI
Top Secret-SCI / HSC
Top Secret-SCI / SI / TK
Top Secret-SCI / SI / TK / G / B
Top Secret-SCI / SI / TK / G / HCS
Top Secret-SCI / SIOP
Top Secret-SCI / SSBI
Top Secret-SBI-TS/SBI
Top Secret-CISP-TS/CISP
Top Secret-ISSA-TS/ISSA
Top Secret-SAP-TS/SAP
Top Secret-SCI-CI polygraph-TS/SCI/CI Poly
Top Secret-SCI-Full/Scope Lifestyle-TS/SCI Lifestyle Poly
Top Secret-SCI-TS/SCI
Top Secret-SSBI-TS/SSBI
Top Secret-SCI /SSBI / SI / TK
Top Secret-SCI / TK / G / HCS / CI Poly
Top Secret-SCI / TK / G / Lifestyle Poly
Top Secret-SCI / SSBI / CI Poly
Top Secret-SI / TK / B / +
Top Secret-SSBI / CI Poly
Top Secret-SSBI / SCI / TK / G / HCS
Top Secret-SSBI / Lifestyle Poly
Top Secret-SSBI / SCI
Top Secret-SSBI / SCI/ SI / TK / G
Top Secret-SSBI / SCI / SI / TK / G / B / HCS
Top Secret-SSBI / SCI / TK / HCS
Top Secret-SSBI / SCI-B
Top Secret-EBI
Top Secret-SCI - SI / TK / G / HCS / I / P
Top Secret-CISP - TS / CISP
Top Secret-ISSA - TS / ISSA
Top Secret-SAP - TS / SAP
Top Secret-SCI - CI Poly - TS / SCI / CI Poly
Top Secret-SCI - Full / Scope Lifestyle - TS / SCI Lifestyle
Top Secret-SCI - TS / SCI
Top Secret-SSBI - SCI / TK / B / HCS / CI - Poly
Top Secret-SSBI - TS / SSBI
US Citizen
US Customs
US Treasury Clearance
USPS
VR
Yankee Fire
Yankee White

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I was in the USN and worked in military intelligence. I held a Top Secret SCI clearance. You could say there are levels of above TS and there are more than 27 I assure you, but it's not what you think. The key to their secrecy is keeping everything compartmentalized and on a need to know basis. The little scif I worked in was only accessible to a few, and even within the scif it was at times compartmentalized even further. These levels you are speaking of are code words that allow you access information. For example, many UFO buffs are familiar with Top Secret SCI COSMIC, COSMIC being the code word that would allow you to this compartmentalized information. Just because I had a TS clearance doesn't mean I'm automatically granted access to all things TS. If I didn't have a need to know I had no access.

Just because you're the President doesn't mean you have a need to know, I guess. But either way, the President is just a puppet, front man, and is definitely kept in the dark about many a things.

reply to post by cyberjedi

Some of what you've posted I'm very familar with but others I've never seen. Just remember a clearance is a clearance whether it's confidential, secret, or top secret. Some of the info you posted needs a little clarification.

For example,

DOD - Top Secret SSBI

DOD is obviously the Department of Defense and Top Secret is obviously the clearance level but SSBI isn't a level of security but the process one goes through to obtain a top secret clearance.

Single Scope Background Investigation SSBI
en.wikipedia.org...

A Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) is a type of United States security clearance investigation required for Top Secret, SCI and Q access, and involves agents contacting employers, coworkers and other individuals. Standard elements include background checks involving checks of employment, education, organization affiliations, local agencies, where the subject has lived, worked, traveled or gone to school, and interviews with persons who know the individual. The investigation may include a NACLC on the candidate’s spouse or cohabitant and any immediate family members who are U.S. citizens other than by birth or who are not U.S. citizens.

I've never heard of this and have no idea what it is,

1C or 2C - Federal
3C or 4C - Federal
5C or 6C - Federal

I'm familiar with COMSEC, very familiar, because it means Communication Security. COMSEC was our main focus in my biz but it's not a clearance or level.

en.wikipedia.org...

Communications security is the discipline of preventing unauthorized interceptors from accessing telecommunications in an intelligible form, while still delivering content to the intended recipients. In the United States Department of Defense culture, it is often referred to by the abbreviation COMSEC. The field includes cryptosecurity, transmission security, emission security, traffic-flow security. and physical security of COMSEC equipment.

I see a few " " Polygraph, and all I can say is if you hold a clearance (may just be TS & above) you will receive a polygraph every 5 years to make sure you are on the up & up.

Interim TS / SCI
This looks like the clearance you are given before your investigation is complete but what they've investigated so far they like and are willing to give you an Interim TS/SCI clearance so you can be allowed to work. SCI stands for Sensitive Compartmented Information.

edit on 19-7-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

"Government Owned Information" being the device used to implement the Plot Twist.

the Government doesn't automatically own everything that can be owned. This shouldn't be a surprise considering that it was created by human beings.

thus, the President has no reason to have access to all things...it (the President is someone that one created like the unit he works for).

Government is a finite space.

So yes, their are things the President doesn't want to know.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The only thing I don't understand about the President's role is this.....

He is the Commander-in-Chief. There are some starred generals and some NSA and folks in the DOD that have the information, and they report to the president. It seems to me if a president was a very strong and assertive leader, he could assemble a team of folks, and he could order them to debrief him on the information he sought. They cannot disobey a direct order from their commander in chief. Maybe they will try to refuse to answer, try to convince him he doesn't really want the information, whatever, but if he is a respected leader, and assertive in his demands, then I don't see how they could withhold it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join