It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: 27 layers of security clearance above Top Secret???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I heard a wild-eyed rumor from a source I'm highly skeptical of that there are "27 layers of security above the president". I was wondering if there was any truth to that. If anything, I'm sure it's an exaggeration.
1. Is there any clearance that President Obama does not have?
2. if so what are they and what are they called?
3. Couldn't president Obama ask about anything and if he does not get an answer he can just replace the head of the CIA or any department and put someone who would give him the answers?
edit on 19-7-2012 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
27?

not unreasonable to believe. otherwise, we'd have to believe that all the American people are is on full display.

i'd imagine there must be a layer somewhere above the president where people like us would be struck down immediately even if we tried to pretend we knew what they did or that we had some business asking them about it.

a place of comic book style super violence.

link   
reply to post by CountDrac

Someone I know has or had some pretty high clearance above top secret. I don't know about levels though.
He was allowed and still is to carry firearms onto planes. I think it was "Q" clearance.

I have heard there are about that many. Or maybe more like 20 or so. I used to know a lot more.
The president isn't allowed to know the things this guy knows. He's an Electrical Engineer who has worked on missiles and nukes and subs and other things that I don't know about.

I think presidents are about one level above top secret.
edit on 7/19/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

link   
Without question...

Take this vid for what it's worth:

There are also probably levels of clearance that aren't even classified...if that makes sense.

edit on 19-7-2012 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Are there though? and what are they called?

CX

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Just type in "Security clearance levels" into the search box top left here.....you'll get more threads from over the years than you could possibly read.

CX.

link   

They aren't exactly layers. "Top Secret" is a generalized term, but having top secret clearance doesn't get you access to everything labelled top secret. Most documents are compartmentalized and there are seals within seals. You may have access to a file, but not everything in the file. You may have access to some databases and not others.

I'm sure there are at LEAST 27 different levels of compartmentalization, and even the President would need to have a justifiable "need to know" before he could access some of the information. Even Senators and Committee Members would need to justify their inquiries.

NOW, there are some people that have access to EVERYTHING, but their forays are tracked. Just because you can access something, doesn't mean you should, and if you happen across something you shouldn't have seen, you probably won't have your access long.

link   

Last level is Majestic. I will have to dig up the file in my database.. I do have it. Maybe tomorrow I'll post it here.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

how should I know what they are called?

i'm just here to lend support to the notion.

if I built something...it would be a maze; containing at least 50 layers.

the person lucky and smart enough to solve the puzzle would go down in history as the unluckiest man ever born.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Isn't this related to the whole "Majestic 12" / "MJ-12" thing? With some levels being called "Cosmic" etc?

I recall reading that, effectively, the only level of clearance above Top Secret is "Need To Know," which is exactly what it says on the tin. Only those with an immediate and unavoidable need to be aware of the specific knowledge have access to it.

Edit:
Wow, so many posts miraculously appeared while I was typing.

edit on 19-7-2012 by Whipfather because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Whipfather

Yes, exactly. Do you have a better source than me? I just have a photo of all the levels.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Whipfather

This Video says Cosmic is the highest level. Also couldnt president Obama ask about anything and if he does not get an answer he can just replace the head of the CIA etc and put someone who would give him the answers?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I often wonder just exactly who would have the highest level of security clearances.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

The highest level is several above Cosmic. It's Majestic.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
You can search on this site and there's tons of posts on the subject.

Wikipedia also has some articles on it.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

This reminds me of how people get caught up in belts for martial arts when in fact the real ones do not need belts.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

but the only one that ultimately matters is the top level.

what happens to the adventurer when they arrive at this location?

seems like it would be a place of sadness and mourning for the wayward traveler.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

couldnt president Obama ask about anything and if he does not get an answer he can just replace the head of the CIA etc and put someone who would give him the answers?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I just found this PDF, which I think might be what you're looking for. I don't know of its sources, so take it with a grain (or table spoon
) of salt.

It's a link that was posted in this thread which, as I just discovered, is extremely interesting. Just on a side-note.

edit on 19-7-2012 by Whipfather because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I bet the most secret things don't have classifications assigned to them anyway. Or should i say, things happen that are way above most peoples clearances go on without any paperwork or classifications given out.

CX.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join