It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bombed Olympic Stadium Featured in Subliminal TV Ad

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
EDIT:
===========================================
Case closed.

credit to Cannot_Be_Accounted of reddit

www.youtube.com...

It's a Holden (Chevy) Colorado commercial.

===========================================

Credit goes to giddygiddy85, TheGetjiggy, and Orangutan.
source www.reddit.com...

www.youtube.com...

Interesting subliminal message of a stadium that's bombed. What are your opinions. Any idea what's going on here?

HAARP_WAVES of reddit also points out the subliminal word "fool" near the top right side 48 seconds in.

edit on 19-7-2012 by bobrules because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-7-2012 by bobrules because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
not sure what i'm watching here. is this a commercial? what is 'big brother'?
sounds british,i'm in canada. could you elaborate?
i saw the millisecond of the bombed stadium, but where or what is being brodcasted?
please explain!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Big brother is an American reality show I believe. I think it's an ad.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bobrules

Can anyone out there capture the circular clock/date information? It's in the middle of the big brother "eye."

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Oh my, this is exactly how they like to deliver there subliminal hits, nice find, sadly never noticed this myself, entered my mind in a more subliminal fashion ha

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Two possibilities:

1. Viral marketing. The fact someone (somehow) even spotted the frame and posted it on Reddit suggests that.
2. Some very sinister sh!t's going on.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
If genuine the only logical reason I can think of for it being there is if the frame was part of a movie advert or something but that is still a big coincidence. Can anyone record this themselves?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
But why put such an advert out just prior to the Olympics?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I think the legitimacy of this youtube should be confirmed first.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
All videos deleted from their channel on youtube
Link

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Strange. The latest one was uploaded only yesterday. That's a quick takedown, even if the channel was an illegitimate one.

CX

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I'm trying to find any pics on Google of demolished stadiums, that advert stadium looks too oval for the London stadium.

CX.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
what we have here are 2 ads that are joined together.
The first is a toyota hilux commercial when a toyota pulls a heavy machine out of the mud.

The big brother commercial is to release the new season of big brother which has switched channels and being brought back to Australian TV after about 5 years off air.

it was possibly a double add was playing where they hit the wrong one and then change it quickly.

I did think the stadium destroyed was a little suspect to begin with, but the 2 ads are unrelated

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Case closed.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobrules
Case closed.

www.youtube.com...

I was on the right track, just the wrong car make and model,
Thanks for that

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

Originally posted by bobrules
Case closed.

www.youtube.com...

I was on the right track, just the wrong car make and model,
Thanks for that

Correct, its a case of "wrong commercial in a timeslot".

2 Ads:

1. you are correct its the Toyota commercial, which has a "partially" destroyed MCG in it (that is the implication, the actual ground i believe is Waverly Park when they renovated it (i could be wrong).

2. The Big Brother commercial besides being a bad reality TV show ported from the US (IMHO), is probably the conspiricy here... It's bad, terrible and dumbs down the public
(note this line is a joke)

Lastly the recording is from Channel 9 (SD, on Foxtel IQ by the looks of ir)

For the record this type of thing happens often down here, they seem to recycle add blocks, and simply swap ads around on what appears to be physical streams (IE AVI, MP4 files etc), and when they string the ads together you get artifacts from the previous ad set (which is what is being seen, the 500ms of the stadium). I'm unsure what software it is BUT it appears what they do is take a repeat physical stream (AVI for the example), and simply 'overwrite' the ads to give us new ones. In some cases they dont get the ad balance right (first time it was produced the break was 6:30, in the newer stream its 6:29, so you get a 1 second artifact), or the extend it to say 6:40, which most of the time the artifact (if it exists) is at the start or end of the break.

Why? This saves the company money, instead of paying a monkey to re-split the original (un-adverted file), and splice in NEW ads. It also saves on disk space (storing the unedited file AND the adverted files in archive), they just store the first (aka - primetime) edition of the file, and just slice in the new ads.

Two notible examples:

In some cases, such as Channel 7 (again from memory) was 'caught out' with showing half an Ansett add back in 2007, for the non-initiated Ansett collapsed back in 2001, a full 6 years afterwards.

Second example is Channel 9 showing their OLD logo (the one back in the early 90s), and a very young looking Richard Benno doing a wide world of sports highlights for the 1988 cricket test. (Probably the funniest one, and easiest to expalin) during a repeat of Dune (the original 70s edition)

In short, nothing to see here except someone in the Marketing/Ads division screwing up.

Make sense or do i need a nap?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Well it is nice to see something solved so fast^^ What about that commercial though? The Holden Colorado commercial.. anyone ever take a close look at it? It seems really odd. The voice over was from some British movie and I personally thought the license plate on the truck seemed a bit odd. More than a bit odd in fact.. I do believe it was added post production. It was "XUZ 781", nice and clean and very prominent for all of a split second. XUZ is an airport in China. There is also a regular flight 781 in China that bounces between two Chinese international airports. So what of the commentary? It is obviously from a movie but which one? You also said you believe that the stadium is possibly a composite of two places? Hell, to me this is all fishy and I think it is still relevant to this thread since it was part of the original OPs video~
edit on 19-7-2012 by Cassey222 because: grammar

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
So let me get this streight. For some reason two TV Commercials got mixed up and got transmitted at the same time. Well at least the answer was simple and quick.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassey222
Well it is nice to see something solved so fast^^ What about that commercial though? The Holden Colorado commercial.. anyone ever take a close look at it? It seems really odd. The voice over was from some British movie and I personally thought the license plate on the truck seemed a bit odd. More than a bit odd in fact.. I do believe it was added post production. It was "XUZ 781", nice and clean and very prominent for all of a split second. XUZ is an airport in China. There is also a regular flight 781 in China that bounces between two Chinese international airports. So what of the commentary? It is obviously from a movie but which one? You also said you believe that the stadium is possibly a composite of two places? Hell, to me this is all fishy and I think it is still relevant to this thread since it was part of the original OPs video~
edit on 19-7-2012 by Cassey222 because: grammar

Ok first think you need to keep in mind - To Americans (and others) seem to think some Australian's sound English (usually the northerners, rather than us southerners, who who have the proverbial AU "Twang" as it has been put to me (Despite the fact i KNOW i sound english in most of my pronunciation. I often when over seas i get confused with an Englishman.). So just keep that in mind

Full Ad here - Its actually holden, my bad. I dont watch a lot of Commercail TV here sorry
. Anyhow, the speech itself is from John Kennedy's famous "Do Something" speech. John Kennedy was one of the coachs for Hawthorn Hawks (AFL Football team)

The speech itself

I personally thought the license plate on the truck seemed a bit odd. More than a bit odd in fact.. I do believe it was added post production. It was "XUZ 781", nice and clean and very prominent for all of a split second. XUZ is an airport in China.
- Erm, actually my dearest mother recently bought a car, the license plate? XYX xxx - VICTORIANS are currently upto this license number. We (Victorians) use a three alpha x three numerical plates, and have done for a VERY long time (we are talking in excess of 40 years). So this license plate is legit.

So what of the commentary? It is obviously from a movie but which one?
- Sadly no, if you look above, you will see the kennedy speech, watch that and listen

You also said you believe that the stadium is possibly a composite of two places?
- Nope was wrong, again my bad, it was BASED off the stadium i mentioned (construction looked exactly like what i used to see out of my office window back in 2001.

Here is the advertising company that appears to have done it. Lazy Link Took me a bit of googling to locate it. The location appears to be BASED off the 2001 demolition of Waverly Park (Hawthorns former home ground).

I'm still of the opinion theres nothing to it, but "creative" marketing.

On aside note, my previous cars registration started with SYD

So let me get this streight. For some reason two TV Commercials got mixed up and got transmitted at the same time. Well at least the answer was simple and quick.
- It happens often, and it has been mentioned here a few times also

edit on 19-7-2012 by Spruk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

That and this

news.uk.msn.com...

has suddenly made me go hmmmm.....

but who knows hopefully nothing will happen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join