It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Military Purchasing Combat Equipment for Domestic Contingency Planning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
It seems the US military has been preparing for some serious domestic civil unrest. I remember reports last year of large numbers of military vehicles spotted while being transported around the country. Many people dismissed these reports as ‘nothing to worry about’ or ‘nothing unusual’ but many of us thought it was troubling.

Now we know that the military has indeed been acquiring these assets to improve “military-unique capabilities” to support civil authorities during any national catastrophic incident.

Article

For the last two years, the President’s Budget Submissions for the Department of Defense have included purchases of a significant amount of combat equipment, including armored vehicles, helicopters and even artillery, under an obscure section of the FY2008 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for the purposes of “homeland defense missions, domestic emergency responses, and providing military support to civil authorities.”

Items purchased under the section include combat vehicles, tanks, helicopters, artillery, mortar systems, missiles, small arms and communications equipment.

Justifications for the budget items indicate that many of the purchases are part of routine resupply and maintenance, yet in each case the procurement is cited as being “necessary for use by the active and reserve components of the Armed Forces for homeland defense missions, domestic emergency responses, and providing military support to civil authorities” under section 1815 of the FY2008 NDAA.

Why would the US military need tanks, artillery, missiles etc for domestic use? I’m not sure how any of these items could be used during a “national catastrophe” unless that catastrophe was CIVIL WAR or an attack on our shores (Foreign troops have never invaded the US)!!

This is even more disturbing in light of the recent UN weapons treaty being discussed this month. Could this be preparation for enforcing disarmament?

edit on 19-7-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
its maybe for this

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I sure hope he has a way to just order himself up an army to man all this equipment. I've yet to talk to a Vet that would have gone against U.S. Civilians but I've talked to plenty who would have walked from their units our turned the weapons around on the Officer who ordered them to commit murder.

All the scenarios presume there are trained soldiers who can just forget... these are their own people and could be their own families. I still don't see this happening until or unless they come up with a way to bring foreign troops in. A few squads of Polish in Illinois or a Platoon of Italians in Ohio don't count for anything. It'd take hundreds of thousands. Millions.....long term. Where?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by burntoast

Your link doesn’t work!

Lets see it…I’m intrigued!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
Why would the US military need tanks, artillery, missiles etc for domestic use? I’m not sure how any of these items could be used during a “national catastrophe” unless that catastrophe was CIVIL WAR or an attack on our shores (Foreign troops have never invaded the US)!!

I hate to confuse reality with fiction, but Canada (a colony) invaded the US in the war of 1812.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 7/19.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I sure hope he has a way to just order himself up an army to man all this equipment. I've yet to talk to a Vet that would have gone against U.S. Civilians but I've talked to plenty who would have walked from their units our turned the weapons around on the Officer who ordered them to commit murder.

All the scenarios presume there are trained soldiers who can just forget... these are their own people and could be their own families. I still don't see this happening until or unless they come up with a way to bring foreign troops in. A few squads of Polish in Illinois or a Platoon of Italians in Ohio don't count for anything. It'd take hundreds of thousands. Millions.....long term. Where?

The people who might man these assets could be hiding in plain site; a Secret Team.

And foreign troops on US soil is not out of the realm of possibility either…but you’re right, we haven’t seen that yet and it would take a LOT OF THEM.

These are all pieces to a puzzle. I don’t think they could succeed if all the pieces were revealed at once. The 'willing troops' need to have assets in place before they act, right? Seems to me the ‘willing troops’ is the only thing missing in this equation.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

I hate to confuse reality with fiction, but Canada (a colony) invaded the US in the war of 1812.

Cheers - Dave

Right!

200 years ago on horse back!

I didn't realize I had to be so precise in my wording. I stand corrected.

I should have said “Foreign troops have never successfully invaded the US”.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

There is one way, to give some support to your concern here. One way this would work, at least long enough to do enough damage for the rest to be piling on. If, before it all seems to start, power and communications all go down. Troops would know nothing more than we do in a dark house or office. The thing there that comes to mind is the movie 'The Crazies'. Not the plot line or zombies...but how the troops were fed a line of crap that scared them enough to follow orders for total lack of information that contradicted it.

It'd just take a major disaster or somehow dropping everything at once....while not compromising their own command and control. it'd be quite a trick and probably far more fiction novel material I suppose.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
There are no fema camps, "they" are not coming for your guns, fear IS contagious, but some know that...
2nd line

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Ok, then explain NDAA and the sudden need for domestic military assets. There has been no serious terrorism in US in 11 years.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

reply to post by g146541

Ok, then explain NDAA and the sudden need for domestic military assets. There has been no serious terrorism in US in 11 years.

Ok lemme try.
If I were to "provoke" a war, I'd make the "enemy" believe I'm coming for them.
Then when they did I would have the high ground and be able to say, "SEE I TOLD YOU SO"!!!
I believe it is a move to goad US into doing something to thin us out before we start thinking together and alike.
How is that for an explanation?
But by all means if you truly believe this and have not already grabbed your rifle and bus ticket to Washington DC, I would suggest there is a problem somewhere in your thought pattern.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Read up on Gorrilar war fair.
go paintball trainning ! nothing they can stop!
build up lots of small stashes of food and ammo.
learn ways to comunicate that they can not stop or fined.

Get Read...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
oops duble click. sorry
edit on 19-7-2012 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
To play devil's advocate for a moment, there is another possibility to consider. We have been at open war with two nations and low level war in 4 or more others for a decade or more. These folks are pissed...even if we're sick of it all and itching to leave. They might not consider this whole thing over just because we pick up our toys some day soon and go home. Some....could even follow. Some....could even have come well ahead and sat here waiting.

All possibilities and we all know Uncle Sammy plans for absolutely everything imaginable. The best example are the plans to invade England I've heard over the years, existed at one time. Still do for all I know....everything gets a plan, right? So, with Aunt Janet's staggering level of paranoia, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if this was in relation to that.

After all...we're still on the eve of what could be a whole new war...and this one, well, Iran has seen it coming for years. They may not start it..who knows how this starts. They won't stand there and take a beating like other have though, I'm sure of that. So....again..another possible reason for the movements and planning apparently happening.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Normally I hate getting drawn into these thread, but this is absolutely true. If you go to the Army's budget requests for this year:

ARMY BUDGET

There are a number of items being purchased under the guise of:

IAW Section 1815 of the FY08 NDAA this item is necessary for use by the active components and reserve components of the Armed Forces for homeland defense missions, domestic emergency responses, and providing military support to civil authorities.

Including

Bradley FISTV Fire Team Support Vehicle

M88 Paladin 155 mm Howitzer

XM25 Integrated Air Burst Weapon

M240 Medium Machine Gun

M2 .50 Cal Machine Gun

M249 SAW

MK19 40mm Grenade Launcher

XM320 Grenade Launcher

M110 Semiautomatic Sniper System

Stryker

Don't take my word for it, open the pdf and do a search for "domestic"

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Cheers - Dave

Right!

200 years ago on horse back!

I didn't realize I had to be so precise in my wording. I stand corrected.

I should have said “Foreign troops have never successfully invaded the US”.

Personally, I consider it more of a scuffle between "brothers" existing in the same financial quagmire. I guess that's why the Canadian "troops" only burned down the White House (which could be considered success lol) rather than trying to go further. Of course, the US and Canada were and still are just properties leased from the UK by their respective governments. In Canada we are however just a wholly owned subsidiary of the UK City of London Corporation, where the US is simply a Leesee. And like a house mortgage, it isn't owned until the property is paid off and even then ownership is a nebulous term due to "tax" and licensing payments ;-)

It appears we are all stuck with the UCC and its flagrant disregard for rights, property and otherwise.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Normally I hate getting drawn into these thread, but this is absolutely true. If you go to the Army's budget requests for this year:

Yes, it is true and they’re not hiding it.

Considering the militarization of our police forces currently and the fact that every state has the National Guard at its disposal, why the need for this build up? It should seem like complete overkill to any rational person yet many here dismiss this as fearmongering, paranoia or complete fiction. It’s exactly because of the naysayers that TPTB are able to move forward with these plans in the open; the naysayers make it possible.

A man cannot defend his freedom from this position –

edit on 20-7-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Yes, But they burned the white house.
Today I'd hand them the torch to do it all over again, Congress too.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by VforVendettea

Yes, But they burned the white house.
Today I'd hand them the torch to do it all over again, Congress too.

It seems that is the popular sentiment in much of the US. Of course it is no better in Canada, we have a major cesspool in Ottawa and at least one less than major cesspool in every city, town and village in the rest of Canada. The problem of corruption and the lack of real representation and transparency is epidemic. It's a shame there is not a "flu" shot for these @ssclowns.

Cheers - Dave

new topics

top topics

join