It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GM announces production of Chevrolet Trax in Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Geez -- what ARE they thinking ?!*

This could be the worst time ever to make That "decision"

NewsDaily -- July 19, 2012

MEXICO CITY, July 19, 2012 (Reuters) — U.S. carmaker General Motors Co. on Thursday said it would build the Chevrolet Trax vehicle and a new generation of pickups at plants in Mexico.

The Detroit-based company is investing $120 million in a plant in the central state of San Luis Potosi to produce the SUV crossover, said GM Mexico president, Ernesto Hernandez.

GM will unveil the Trax at the Paris Motor Show in September before hitting the Mexican market in the fourth quarter, Hernandez added. A further $200 million would head to the Silao plant in Guanajuato state, where work on a new generation of pickups would begin in 2013.

GM announces production of Chevrolet Trax in Mexico

I think GM still owes the U.S. Treasury some money ?

The Treasury holds a lot of GM stock and so does the United Autoworkers Union.

They say "Timing" is everything

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Classic. Let Mexico keep that car. The US does not need any more crappy Chevy's littering the highways and our salvage yards. Glad they used our tax money wisely.... Still waiting for my dividend check

Is it a 4x4 Cavalier??

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Wait a minute! Don't we have a gigantic problem with unemployment here? Isn't GM at least 25% owned by our government (and thus the American people?) We're exporting jobs to Mexico now?

What's the "payoff" to the board members I wonder?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Down in Mexico they have a wonderful little pickup called the Chevy Tornado... looks like a cross between a Geo Metro and a pickup...good on gas, zips around the city, room for only 2 but would make a great little commuter truck for farmers or a lite service truck. "Where can I get one?" I asked... while visiting Tizimin, Mexico last summer.

Oh, they don't sell them in the USA because of safety rules in America... "Really?"...really.

I would imagine the same for the Trax...

Chevy and GM, like most car producers in the world produce cars and trucks for many other countries that never see the USA... Ford had a similar little pickup called the Ford Courier... sweet little ride too... but because of congress and EPA regulations, can't sell it in the USA... so count your blessings...smog never passes the Rio Grande... stops at the border.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I just bought a Toyota Tundra, and I get so many looks from all the "American made" truck drivers around here.
Yet, the Tundra is more "Made in America" than any other full size pick-up.
Ford included.

top topics

join