It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politicians STINK

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
youtu.be...

these people can raise millions and millions for themselves when trying to get elected. Yet after they are elected they don't raise a dime for the people they claim to "represent".

I have had a very enlightening few years on the forum learning all about the in and outs of the religion of politics, never having have been particularly political and not know how dishonest our government was,

It has been frustrating to say the least.

Lately I am just angry.
edit on 023131p://bThursday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
archeologists find first politician

youtu.be...
edit on 033131p://bThursday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

They raise plenty for their Constituents. It's called Pork. Pork to buy votes is bankrupting the whole country. Entitlements are bribes. Some people care so little for the country or their children's future they actually vote based on how many bribes they get from them for their vote. They call themselves Progressives but they are actually Destroyers who could care less if their own children and grandchildren have a future.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

It's called Pork. Pork to buy votes is bankrupting the whole country.

It certainly is, I actually was pretty idealistic when it comes to human nature, thinking most people really care about one-another,
but it seems where politics is involved, it is so cut throat.

Not sure I fully understand it yet, it is so complicated, and I think that is the way they want it.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

It's a matter of waking people up to what is happening, but that's impossible. In the end they will win as long as people vote based on how many handouts they get.

It amazes me that people don't seem to care that their own grandchildren will still be paying off their debt for them after they are dead and long gone.

I had not idea there were so many sociopaths out there until I woke up to what the Progressive agenda really is.
edit on 7/19/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
You just now figuring this out? Kidding. Yes, politicians stink, it's the only job that you virtually don't have to do anything, get the best healthcare, the best benefits and incentives, and get away with it. I think if more people had the balls to stand up to these crooks, there might be less of them, but I also think that it's going to take a civil war for that to happen.
My wife works for the State of Illinois and has for the last 12 years. Last week they found out that their retirement money has been " frozen " until...? The politicians who froze this pay...well, they still get paid, they still get a retirement, they still get all their benefits. And the kicker...she can't move this money into something else that will make her money. So it's (supposed)to be in an account, sitting there, not being contributed to, can't be taken out, can't be moved, and can't be added to...I mean, what gives??

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
What more can a bloke say? Fool me once shame on me, fool me twice shame on you, wtf wake up USA
edit on 19-7-2012 by Zngland because: you mixed up , JD on the rocks sweet

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Yea, we need to stop arguing with each other, I was actually shocked last election cycle how mean people got over politics.

I had no idea how great the divide was between the left and right.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Vinny5036

My wife works for the State of Illinois and has for the last 12 years.

I heard all about that, there was a great rant in the editorial section of the paper today from an angry state employee.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

The sad part of it is that they are a non-profit agency that is funded by the state. They're not Union, and her benefits in a sense, are crap to begin with. The State of Illinois is so jacked up, it's sad. I'll point most of the blame towards the " Windy City "....

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I have had a very enlightening few years on the forum learning all about the in and outs of the religion of politics, never having have been particularly political and not know how dishonest our government was,

It has been frustrating to say the least.

Lately I am just angry

That is why a moral boundary is good for.

That will restrict politicians from doing whatever they want.

And that is why US government is supporting separation of Church and state.

A religious state will not bribe bankers and will not let politicians follow the goal justifies the means rule.

There should be moral criterion for electing a politician.

But US govt keeps on repeating :

Religion will restrict our freedom

WE are moving forward better without religion

Religious states are all corrupted

Religion is far away from scientific progress

But the truth is religion in it's true definition , will end all the corruptions , greed , violence , oppression and injustice.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Vinny5036

They promised more than they can give to buy people. Problem is that government workers took it and let their Unions run up the costs so high they screwed their own members. Now somebody has to pay.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Yea, we need to stop arguing with each other, I was actually shocked last election cycle how mean people got over politics.

AMEN!!

That is the answer and what scares them the most. We start getting along and reasoning this out, they are finished. We could actually have some good people who care in our government.

I've been both a Democrat when young and dumb and a Republican after starting a business and found both Parties to be equally bad. The only smart move is to not belong to a Party and vote based on the candidate. This Party system is to control us by keeping us at each others throats.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

AMEN!!

That is the answer and what scares them the most. We start getting along and reasoning this out, they are finished. We could actually have some good people who care in our government.

I've been both a Democrat when young and dumb and a Republican after starting a business and found both Parties to be equally bad. The only smart move is to not belong to a Party and vote based on the candidate. This Party system is to control us by keeping us at each others throats.

Absolutely, if we join forces we become a powerful force to reckon with,

I am a free agent, I would vote any ticket if it was a good choice, it doesn't matter if they are rich or poor.

Some moral standards would matter to me but political affiliation would not.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Interesting take mideast, tell me more.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vinny5036

The sad part of it is that they are a non-profit agency that is funded by the state. They're not Union, and her benefits in a sense, are crap to begin with. The State of Illinois is so jacked up, it's sad. I'll point most of the blame towards the " Windy City "....

Vinny I feel your pain, I really do, perhaps later I will post the letter from the paper, the citizens of Illinois have been taken to the cleaners by the crooked Chicago politicians for years, down staters get the shaft.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I changed my registration to "Undeclared" (our version of Independent here as Independent is a Party) about ten years ago. I've never reconsidered that.

One issue I run into is if I criticize a Republican I'm accused of being a Democrat and of course if I criticize a Democrat I'm ruled a Republican.

We need another real leader and we need them right now. None are running though; only the dividers are running. We need another JFK or Reagan who brought people together. I don't see anyone like that out there anymore.

One thing is for sure is the last two Presidents have torn the country apart.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vinny5036

I did not know that. Sounds like a real mess. Chicago has certainly been in the news a lot lately and not for good reasons. I hope the rest of the State is not like that.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Are you proposing a worldwide Caliphate ruled by Sharia perhaps? Just asking?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

One issue I run into is if I criticize a Republican I'm accused of being a Democrat and of course if I criticize a Democrat I'm ruled a Republican.

Yea me too, and I am neither.

About division, I remember the first time I was accused of being a racist, that sent a chill right through me, never even crossed my mind that not agreeing with Obama was going to turn into a race issue,
until it did.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join