It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oops!… Obama’s Top Bundler Jonathan Lavine Was In Charge of Bain During GST Steel Layoffs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Here's the thing sweetie...Romney is running for President...his record should be looked at.

Just like Obama's.

But, but, he doesn't have to provide all those records, cause it's private!

Who *is* Obama?

Bueller? Bueller?
edit on 19-7-2012 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
And please...don't try to say you aren't a Mitt defender and a hardcore right winger...your tactics are just the same as FlyersFan.

I'm not voting from Romney. I've said it many times on this site, but apparently you must have missed it. I'll say it again to make sure you get to read it .... Romney and Obama ... NO DIFFERENCE. And as far as being a 'hardcore right winger' ... not even close. Deflection on your part.

- I'm not a fundamentalist christian.
- I don't want a fundamentalist christian in the White House.
- I'm not in favor of the death penalty
- I believe gay marriage is a civil right.
- I favor the legalization, regulation, and taxation of marijuana.
- I want our troops and other 'assets' (advisors) taken out of Afghanistan and Iraq.
- We have no business in Libya or Syria.

I'm not a 'hard core right winger'. For you to say so is silly.
My positions are all over the place and don't fit in any one box.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

.Romney is running for President...his record should be looked at.

No kidding. But thats NOT what this thread is about.

This is just your attempt to spread false information that Obama hates capitalism and so he shouldn't recieve money from capitalist.it.

OMG .. you really still aren't getting it? Really?

For the third time .... Obama hasn't got a leg to stand on about Romney at Bain doing bad things to Americans (which he was) when in fact Obama's top bundler is a Bain-ster who was deeply involved in the same crap that Obama is complaining about. For Obama to be able to complain about Romney on this, Obama's hands would have to be clean of the Bain mess. They aren't. He's actively using a person from Bain who did those things. This makes him as bad as Romney.

Like I've been saying ... Romney/Obama ... same/same.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Wow...you are an easy target for the right wing propaganda.

There is no hypocrisy...Obama talking about Romney's record on job creation because Romney himself is trying to use that to claim he will create jobs in America HAS ZERO RELATIONSHIP with recieiving donations.

I stand by my claim...you don't understand the definition of hypocrisy...at the very least you don't comprehend how to apply the definition.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Obama released all his tax returns.

Why won't Romney???

Careful...you are exposing yourself...you sure do seem to be defending Mitt.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The grand total raised by Lavine for Obama = $200,000. The total raised for Romney by Bain = $5 million and counting. (they're on par with Goldman Sachs employees contribution to Romney).

Heck, the Kochs have dedicated $100 million to Romney and various SuperPACs to defeat Obama.

Lavine is therefore hardly a "big bundler" or major donor, even if he is Obama's top donor. He's far below that of Romney's contributors.

That said, his record also casts doubt on being the guy in charge during the GST deal, which began in 1993. He joined the firm that year as well. So unless Bain is in the habit of making one of the most junior new employees the "guy in charge" this is just another lie from the Romney camp. For the years in question, there is no doubt - Romney was CEO, the guy signing the paychecks, and the guy in charge. And during those years with Mitt Romney as CEO, Bain outsourced a lot of other jobs than just those at GST.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

How about Obozo releasing his transcripts, passport info, financiers, and also telling Hawaii to open his BC instead of posting a fake on the internet? Transparency? My old aunt.

The man is so over his head he is drowning and taking the U.S. with him.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Obama has never run a company.

So it's impossible for him to outsource jobs anywhere.

Romney ran Bain.

And they did outsource jobs overseas.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
This entire thread is a deflection.

Republicans are running scared because they got caught red-handed supporting the outsourcing of American jobs, and will likely lose much of their current position during the November elections.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I have another one.

Obama breathes in Oxygen and it's turned to Co2 in his lungs, hust like Romney and other big outsourcers!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Let's help each other admit both sides of the political spectrum SUCK,

Yep, crooked system breeds crooked politicians.

I am always amazed how quick both sides rush to fight for their guy, its like watching people fight over a WWE match.

Its all rigged...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Wow This is a surprise to me, you seem to shrill for the right on thread after thread.

I get labeled as a liberal and such and I haven't voted since the supreme court appointed gwb as president, whats the point?

I have a tendency to argue with the right because most of there stories are false, and I hate fascism and theocracy.

However according to the SEC Romney was in charge, if he wasn't then he should be charged with fraud.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

The grand total raised by Lavine for Obama = $200,000. The total raised for Romney by Bain = $5 million and counting. (they're on par with Goldman Sachs employees contribution to Romney).

Ok, lets take a look at that.

"The grand total raised by Lavine for Obama = $200,000. "

However.

Lavine has also been one of Obama’s top bundlers, raising over $100,000* for him so far this cycle.

Source

This attack becomes problematic because both Obama and the DNC have taken large contributions from Bain employees, including several of the executives accusatorily cited in the Think Progress article. Bain’s Managing Partner Steve Pagliuca, and Managing Directors Jonathan Lavine and Mark Nunnelly have already given the maximum donation to the Obama campaign and the DNC for the 2012 campaign cycle, each contributing $35,800 to the Obama Victory Fund 2012 and $30,800 to the campaign committee.

It doesn’t look good. Some of the Bain executives listed are long-time DNC donors, and what are they getting for it now? A $700 million dollar national campaign against their company?

and...

There’s only one problem: many of the very executives who were running Bain Capital during the 1999-2002 period now under media scrutiny donated to Obama’s presidential campaign.

The same SEC form from February 2001 that lists Mitt Romney as “sole shareholder, sole director, Chief Executive Officer and President of Bain Capital … the controlling person of Bain Capital” also lists over a dozen other managing directors of Bain Capital, Inc. -- all of whom were undoubtedly more active than Romney was during this period. And President Obama took money from many of them.

Take Joshua Bekenstein. Bekenstein has been a managing director of Bain Capital since 1986. In 2008, he signed Barack Obama a $4,600 check. In 2004, he gave a $50,000 donation to the Democratic National Committee. That’s outsourcing money, plain and simple. And Obama was happy to take it.

Or how about Stephen Pagliuca? Last year, he cut a $35,800 check to Barack Obama’s Victory Fund. Then he cut another $30,800 check to the DNC. And another $30,800 check to the DCCC. Jonathan Lavine and Mark Nunnelly have both maxed out to Obama already, as well as to the DNC. Lavin was a bundler for Obama, and raised over $100,000 for him. Michael Krupka gave Obama $4,600 in 2008.

The truth is that there’s nothing wrong with a private company outsourcing. Democrats know it. Republicans know it. Everybody knows it. But the Obama campaign is hypocritically pointing to Romney’s pocketbook while zealously guarding its own. Apparently, it's fine to outsource so long as the name on the contribution check reads "Barack Obama."

(emphasis mine)

Source

"(they're on par with Goldman Sachs employees contribution to Romney). "

Got to love the irony in that, don't you?

Goldman Sachs was top Obama donor
April 20, 2010|From Robert Yoon, CNN Political Research Director

According to Federal Election Commission figures compiled by the Center for Responsive Politics, Goldman Sachs' political action committee and individual contributors who listed the company as their employer donated $994,795 during 2007 and 2008 to Obama's presidential campaign, the second-highest contribution from a company PAC and company employees.

Source

Goldman Sachs to Fund Romney Over Obama

Source

You mad, bro?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Can we come to a conclusion that since the people responsible for Bains demise-the same people of the Obama team, it safe to say that is why this country is in the S*^#hole it is today?

And they are pointing the finger at each other....all the while...the tards are in the backround defending them.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Obama released all his tax returns.

Why won't Romney???

Careful...you are exposing yourself...you sure do seem to be defending Mitt.

I don't know? Perhaps because it is irritating Obama and his followers and keeping him markedly off topic in the up coming campaign, while Romney is decidely trying to stay on other topics the public wants to hear.

Kind of like the game Obama played with the birth certificate.

Whatever reason he is doing it, it's working. Look how everyone is clammoring over it.

I am not defending Mitt. I already stated he is just Obama all over again, whom I obviously don't like. Obamney, Robama, Robamney. One in the same. I think both say one thing and do another.

Just pointing out things about the campaign I find very interesting.

The tax returns, meh. I don't think there is anything there. He has a right to privacy. Right Beuller? Bueller?

Oh wait, Maybe his wife got the horse from Rezko. Hmm....

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Bain contribution to Romney = $5 million.

Bain contribution to Obama = $118,000.

Lavine was among a couple former Bain executives who have contributed to Obama. MOST Bain executives, including those who outsourced jobs, contributed to Romney.

Not sure why you feel this somehow vindicates Romney - he was and still is the undisputed "outsourcer in chief".

Here Are The Former Bain Employees Raising Millions For Mitt Romney
(businessinsider.com)

Bain Capital, under direct control of Mitt Romney not only outsourced jobs from companies it acquired, but Mitt Romney also founded another firm, Brookside Investors, Inc., that poured millions into firms that PIONEERED outsourcing, especially outsourcing our high-technology industry.

Mitt Romney Invested Millions in Firms That Pioneered High-Tech Outsourcing

Fri Jul. 20, 2012 - EXCLUSIVE: A government document shows that at Bain he held a $54 million stake in companies that manufactured electronics in China and Mexico for US firms.

(...)

But all this [political] scuffling hasn't taken into account an until-now unreported fact about Romney's days at Bain: When he was running the private equity firm, he invested tens of millions of dollars in a pair of companies that specialized in outsourcing high-tech manufacturing and that developed offshore production facilities in Mexico, China, and elsewhere to build electronics for US firms.

Your attempt to equate Jonathan Lavine, who donation level to Obama wouldn't even crack the top 100 of Romney's, to the outsourcing and gutting of the American workforce of his boss Mitt Romney, is truly a measure of desperation.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Not sure why you feel this somehow vindicates Romney - he was and still is the undisputed "outsourcer in chief".

Ok. Romney was - and still is, the Outsourcer in Chief. So is Bamster.

Not sure why you keep trying to paint some picture of me as something I am not, because it looks pretty silly. From my own post:

The truth is that there’s nothing wrong with a private company outsourcing. Democrats know it. Republicans know it. Everybody knows it.

Then I pointed out that Goldman Sachs, that previously donated to Obama, is now ironically donating to Romney.

You just don't like this part"

But the Obama campaign is hypocritically pointing to Romney’s pocketbook while zealously guarding its own. Apparently, it's fine to outsource so long as the name on the contribution check reads "Barack Obama."

Remember when I said if the left hand is waiving frantically, look at what the right hand might be doing?

And another irony to add to the pain:

July 24, 2012
Did Barack Obama Underreport His Income to IRS?
Douglas A. Thompson

President Barack Obama released his recent personal finance records in 2008, which included his 2004 U.S. Individual Income Tax Return and Senate Annual Finance Report. President Obama's records for 2004 do not reconcile with the State of Illinois Comptroller's Office. There are inconsistencies in the total compensation received as an Illinois State Senator. The largest error likely is President Obama's omission of a "Leadership Stipend" of over $8,000. This stipend should have been recorded as income.

Based on the information from the Illinois Comptroller's Office, Barack Obama's compensation for 2004 should be $60,857 income from the State of Illinois.

The 2004 Annual Financial Report, Barack Obama confirmed his salary compensation for the State of Illinois was $60,287.

pfds.opensecrets.org...

Statement 3, on Page 10 of the President's 2004 U.S. Individual Income Tax Return, shows Barack and Michelle Obama's income by source. It shows the "taxpayer" (T), Barack Obama, received $53,288 in wages from the Comptroller of the State of Illinois.

Source

Every day is like a gift in the campaign cycle, lol.

edit on 24-7-2012 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join