It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Men Agree To Stand Directly Under An Exploding Nuclear Bomb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Five men at atomic ground zero

At first I thought that this couldn't be true. Then I saw the video.

They weren’t crazy. They weren’t being punished. All but one volunteered to do this (which makes it all the more astonishing.)

On July 19, 1957, five Air Force officers and one photographer stood together on a patch of ground about 65 miles northwest of Las Vegas. They’d marked the spot “Ground Zero. Population 5″ on a hand-lettered sign hammered into the soft ground right next to them.

As we watch, directly overhead, two F-89 jets roar into view and one of them shoots off a nuclear missile carrying an atomic warhead.

They wait. There is a countdown. 18,500 feet above them, the missile is intercepted and blows up. Which means, these men intentionally stood directly underneath an exploding 2 kiloton nuclear bomb. One of them, at the key moment (he’s wearing sunglasses), looks up. You have to see this to believe it.

Imagine being one of those guys!!
I would be crapping a brick.
Source
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
If i had a choice, i would stand directly underneath it rather than 20 km away from it. Instant death is better than slow torture.
edit on 7/19/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Posted earlier here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

join