It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ann Romney: 'We've Given All You People Need To Know' About Family Finances

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This is what gets me....

ok.
You know amongst your peers how and why each live the way they do. In their circles everyone knows what everyone does, did, and would do for the right price. What in hell keeps them operating on the assumption that the general public does not know as well?

This is not the world of Victorian society or medieval Europe or anything like that. We are all fully aware of how the world operates.Why the act ?

Does your political power really rest in the minds of soccer moms or plumbers...?

No, it rests in the minds of what is "most" people. The "majority" as we have come to redefine ourselves.

That word would be illegal in certain societies. "The only power that exists is the ruling power, trickled down from God."

That generation is dying. Their kids are growing old. Their grand kids will not impart the need to be benign.

The artificial and fake image this woman wants to project totally shows her hand and exposes her entirely.
Like watching your kids explain how they didn't eat chocolate because they don't like it.....covered in chocolate.

It is ridiculous and projects an air of stupidity and ignorance. Like watching a grown man talk about Santa in earnest. Does she think she is smart because she is like "fooling us"?

A smart lie is one you don't have to hide. Of coarse her husband is a greedy, corporate slime ball. DC, corporate America and the world that entails. The personality that needs to exist to survive in it.

Does she think we have never seen a movie, read a book, had a conversation about or heard a conversation about corporate greed and malice?

Is she that simple......just admit it and start gaining ground. The whole lot of them.

It is just ridiculous that in the 21st century our leaders still work off the assumptions that governed illiterate, superstitious, temporal people hundreds of years ago.

More than an insult to our intelligence it is a sign of weakness and short sightedness.
It invites the wolves to circle.

EDIT:
soccer moms and plumbers I love you. you guys rock ass.

edit on 19-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by Jaellma

All I get from this is people act like juveniles when it comes to elections. You even tried to inject the Race Card. I'm not even a Republican and I'm offended by this decidedly rude and childish form of politicking.

I think most of us are sick to death of this form of crap. It's those running around playing the Race Card who are in fact the real Bigots. No intelligent person is being fooled.

I've had my fill of dirty politics from both sides and can't believe I was once dumb enough to belong to a Party myself. What was wrong with me that I did not see how sick Partisans from both sides are?

Partisans don't give a damn about the country at all, they view this like a Football Game, not as a decision that determines the countries future. Look what horrible candidates this mentality has lead to as they pander to an increasingly childish batch of voters. Partisan madness has filled Congress with worthless fools who can't even lead. It's reached a point where it is so bad that Reid has not even allowed a vote on the Budget even though he is breaking the law by not doing so.

I'd be ashamed to call myself a Democrat or Republican right now. This attacking candidates families is the worst though. You have to be a genuinely bad person to go after either candidates families.

What he said.....

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Take a moment to re-read my posts. All of them. Seriously.

It's all a matter of semantics and context.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I really do love how offended some people get by the term "you people" thought that was rather obvious.

Who is calling Mittens a felon, and and outsourcer of jobs, and make like his success has been nothing but criminal, and give a free pass to the criminals they have voted for and put in the oval office currently.

Rather sad that "you people" is manufactured by(cough leftist's) as a derogatory term you know as it stands right now Mittens and the Mrs are still private citizens no matter how much they "hate" that fact.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

Originally posted by maria_stardust
That is a classic "Let them eat cake" remark -- and we all know how things ended for Marie Antoinette. It's a hasty remark from the wife of a politician who has unfortunately raised the Us vs. Them divide. It's a polarizing remark that separates the Haves from the Have-Not's.

Whether she realizes it or not, she has just exemplified just how out of touch the Romneys are with the common people.

I agree completely. They have both said things that make their "have-have not" mindset clear to the American people. This is going to be in an ad. And should be, IMO.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Dear maria_stardust,

Thank you, re-reading your posts was good advice. It seems more clear now that you believe that one possible interpretation, out of several, of a two word remark is a perfectly sound basis for criticizing another person. Further, you mention context again, without discussing the context of the remark or of the campaign it was uttered in.

I feel less confused now, but I could be wrong. Would you correct me where I err?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Your attempt at defining my views via insuation is both amusing and lacks subtlty. Your attempt couldn't be any more transparent.

However, I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt regarding any ulterior motive you may or may not have.

That said, if you truly would like to know my position on any given politician, you are more than welcome to peruse my posting history and research for yourself. You may be surprised to find that my views on the major GOP presidential contenders to be quite frank and illuminating. Off the top of my head, I know I've remarked upon Gingrich, Perry and Cain, as well as a couple of others. Hell, you'll probably find something or other on Romney, too.

If you want to know my views on Obama, chances are rather high you'll have to dig back to 2009 or so.

Go ahead, dig. Appease your curosity.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Dear maria_stardust,

I suppose misunderstandings are inevitable over the internet. I don't really want to know about your or anyone's political preference, because I know I won't be able to change them. You, and everyone else, can vote for whomever they like, and they will carry my blessings and good wishes with them.

What I was objecting to, my "ulterior motive" so to speak, was that your argument seemed unfair and a little illogical. I'm grateful when people point out to me when I'm slipping in that area, and I try to point it out when I think it might do some good.

(And if I have the slightest, tiniest, merest drop of irritation, it's because your last two posts have been basically, "I'm not going to answer you, go read what I've written elsewhere."

In any event, I have nothing against you at all, Romney doesn't excite me, I admire the work of mods, and my conscience is pretty darn clear.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Then you can either accept my replies within this thread at face value. Or, don't.

It doesn't matter a whit to me.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

When I am away from the computer I have so much to say by the time I come back to post I have forgotten, lol

old age, I should carry a note pad,

Personally I know very little about her, I tried to stay clear of wives and children.

I know she does a lot for charity, but is the statement," you people," really all that significant?

Is she a bad person because she has money?

I am basically poor myself and I don't hate a person that is successful, what kind of women is she really?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

No, it doesn't make her a bad person at all. The problem is she is speaking on behalf of and in support of her husband. She has placed herself in the media limelight and the things she says in this capacity will be scrutinized. 'Tis the nature of the political beast.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Ann Romney's first public foray into defending her husband and she pulls the "you people" snark.

Not being said, is that Romney released only his 2010 return, which was itself not a complete release of relevant records.

Missing from Romney's 2010 Tax Return

As pressure builds on Mitt Romney to release his tax returns, the Huffington Post reports that the GOP nominee has not even disclosed all of his tax documents for 2010 -- the only year for which he has presented any final tax forms.

Mitt Romney Taxes For 2010 Not Fully Disclosed

WASHINGTON -- Mitt Romney has not released his full tax records from 2010, including key documentation connected to his Swiss bank account.

So there you go, you get half a 2010 tax return to base your presidential decision on, and "you people" should be thankful to get that much. Now can we please get back to demanding Obama turn over his grade-school transcripts?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
May I suggest you watch the entire five minute interview? www.rawstory.com... This will be a help for those who really want to know the context. By the way, she mentions suffering, out of work Americans twice. But by using the phrase "you people" we're supposed to compare her to Marie Antoinette?

(And yes, this is directed to all posters, not just one or two.)
edit on 19-7-2012 by charles1952 because: (Add parenthetical)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Think ole Mittens should hold off until Obama release his school records,and the Fast and Furious documents Mittens has not even gotten the gop nomination yet.

So what is the purpose with all the attacks?

To change the topic of OBama;' failure as a president, and who has ran this country in to the ground way to go!!!!

Really make the most important issue facing Americans who have lost their jobs,still underwater on their homes. not knowing what tomorrow brings.

But hey all Mittens bank account is more important.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Stormdancer777

No, it doesn't make her a bad person at all. The problem is she is speaking on behalf of and in support of her husband. She has placed herself in the media limelight and the things she says in this capacity will be scrutinized. 'Tis the nature of the political beast.

I am really soured on politics,

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Then it's a good thing we'll never run for a political office.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
As she selects which Caddy to take out each morning on her way to salon, I'm quite sure she's a good woman and always considers hitting the brakes if someone wanders into the street.

All we need to know, huh?

That spells FELON

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Then it's a good thing we'll never run for a political office.

It seems the people that shouldn't lead, are our leaders.

How does that happen exactly?

We should start a topic and see if we can find a good politician, I remember last election cycle I tried something like that.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
We know who is going to be wearing the pants if Mitt gets in the Whitehouse...

...It sure won't be Mitt.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jetman44
We know who is going to be wearing the pants if Mitt gets in the Whitehouse...

...It sure won't be Mitt.

I happen to think that the wives of many president have enormous influence on their husbands, we could research that too,Hillary comes to mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join