It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ann Romney: 'We've Given All You People Need To Know' About Family Finances

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Wow! Ann Romney just reminded us how lowly we are as peasants and reinforced the idea that the American public doesn't need more information than what her husband has already provided as it pertains to his finances.

Robin Roberts was questioning her about the non-release of Mitt's finances and Ann Romney fired back.

And we've given all you people need to know and understand about our financial situation and about how we live our life.

Who is she referring to as "you people"? Democrats, non-Mormons, black people, the media? Folks are not so sure but this begs more questions than provides answers, at this moment.

She also said:

"He’s a very generous person. We give 10 percent of our income to our church every year. Do you think that is the kind of person who is trying to hide things, or do things? No. He is so good about it. Then, when he was governor of Massachusetts, didn’t take a salary for four years."

Loose lips sink ships.

She provides shades of Ross perot's ill-fated 1992 speech when he said "you people" in front of the NAACP. What a woman this Ann Romney is.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Mitt is not going to win.

/thread

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
What does she mean by "you people"?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I don't really see why people get so hung up on "you people"

Anyway, this doesn't set a good tone for transparency if Romney makes it into the whitehouse. It just feels like he is only giving us enough to make us think one thing. The one thing he wants us to think. True or not.

Of course Obama campaigned on transparency and then flipped so I guess in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter what Romney says or does.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
My guess is that she is speaking about the media and others that keep trying to dig up something on him. I really don't think she was being condescending to the general public.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
You couldn't get me to vote for Romney even if the Romneys pledged 10% of their yearly income to the American people!

They are rats!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I just prefer to leave the wives out of this.
I just feel she isn't the person the media should be asking those questions to.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
All "YOU PEOPLE"?? Umm.. Say WHAT there Missy? I don't like Michelle....Moochelle, as I call her, but THIS is what Mitt is thinking we'll like 4 years of instead?? Wow.

Condescension anyone?? Mitt might want to send her on a vacation or something....a few months worth. Maybe Outter Mongolia has a resort?

+23 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

"You people" carries negative connotations, not just racial, as a lot of people think. It says, "There's ME, and then there's YOU people." As in, we are separate and I am better. That's how I see it. She is saying "you people", not to a race, but to all of us poor folks. She is married to a millionaire, and we are just peons to her.

And she says they aren't releasing more information because it's just fuel for more attacks? Thanks for clarifying that there is a whole lot more stuff on his record that they don't want us knowing about. If he had nothing to hide, then they wouldn't be worried about "attacks" concerning his financial record. She might as well have said, "We don't want to release anything else because Mitt doesn't want to lose. If you guys only knew what he's really like, nobody would vote for him! HAHAHAHAHA!"

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Veritas1
My guess is that she is speaking about the media and others that keep trying to dig up something on him. I really don't think she was being condescending to the general public.

I agree, she is being prodded mostly by the media via democratic supporters, so I believe it's easy to figure out what she meant by "you people." It's nitpicking at its best! (no, I don't support Romney).

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Whatever the case, it just doesn't look good. This just provides more fuel for the Obama camp to run innovative ads with "you people" versus "all people".

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
As far as I am concerned:

Ann, take yourself over to the corner and sit your ass down and shut the hell up. No one rattled your cage.

You may quote me on that too.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Meh - I would assume in this "you people" would mean those that are asking for them - the media and left. That's the context in which she's speaking.

Both sides try to make tempests in teaposts of various things the other side said that really don't mean anything. The right does it with Obama, the left is doing with Romeny. Its just meaningless tit-for-tat on both sides trying to stir the masses to a frothing boil.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
This whole thing will cost him the election...people will just look look at him thinking he's hiding something. Doesn't even matter what it is, the mere fact that he doesn't clear up the situation should be proof enough that he's hiding something so bad, he's fearing people wouldn't vote for him if they only knew.

Romney's a symbol of crony capitalism...and given the current crisis being caused by that, I doubt he stands a chance when it comes to it.

Next try in 2016 GOP

edit on 19-7-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
"You people" equals the badgering MSM and the democrats who demand, demand, demand and when it comes to Obama its protect, protect, protect. I can't blame her, Obama's running the dirtiest campaign imaginable.

Obama got a free pass by the MSM that why we are taking a nose-drive into Hades.

Isn't is telling that Pelosi backs off the issue when her own returns come into question:
Nancy Pelosi Downplays Tax Return Demand
www.rollcall.com...

Facing questions about why she and other top Congressional officials won’t release their tax returns, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) downplayed her previous demands for presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney to release his, calling the issue a distraction.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire

"You people" carries negative connotations, not just racial, as a lot of people think.
I agree. Whenever I hear words and phrases like"you people", 'trouble maker", and "sheeple", I figure these folks are not populating the same plane as me. Just for fun, though, I submit the following:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
"You people" equals the badgering MSM and the democrats who demand, demand, demand and when it comes to Obama its protect, protect, protect. I can't blame her, Obama's running the dirtiest campaign imaginable.

Obama got a free pass by the MSM that why we are taking a nose-drive into Hades.

Isn't is telling that Pelosi backs off the issue when her own returns come into question:
Nancy Pelosi Downplays Tax Return Demand
www.rollcall.com...

Facing questions about why she and other top Congressional officials won’t release their tax returns, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) downplayed her previous demands for presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney to release his, calling the issue a distraction.

It's not customary for people in congress to do...but every president did release several years of returns in the past. This is really simple: If there's nothing bad in his returns, he should release them. If there's something bad he should STILL release them because people deserve to know the truth if he expects them to vote for him. If he continues not to release them, he can't be surprised if people believe he's hiding something.

Also, he hasn't even released his full statement for the year he did release

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire

"You people" carries negative connotations, not just racial, as a lot of people think. It says, "There's ME, and then there's YOU people." As in, we are separate and I am better. That's how I see it. She is saying "you people", not to a race, but to all of us poor folks. She is married to a millionaire, and we are just peons to her.

And she says they aren't releasing more information because it's just fuel for more attacks? Thanks for clarifying that there is a whole lot more stuff on his record that they don't want us knowing about. If he had nothing to hide, then they wouldn't be worried about "attacks" concerning his financial record. She might as well have said, "We don't want to release anything else because Mitt doesn't want to lose. If you guys only knew what he's really like, nobody would vote for him! HAHAHAHAHA!"

Yeah I definitely get that they are hinting at skeletons in the closet. The "you people" thing makes sense, but do you necessarily have to jump to the rich/poor implication? I get that it's over him maybe hiding massive amounts of money and possibly avoiding taxes buuut yeah. If he gets elected and supports taking it easy on the big corporations then I'm always going to wonder if it's just for his friends and greed.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

All I get from this is people act like juveniles when it comes to elections. You even tried to inject the Race Card. I'm not even a Republican and I'm offended by this decidedly rude and childish form of politicking.

I think most of us are sick to death of this form of crap. It's those running around playing the Race Card who are in fact the real Bigots. No intelligent person is being fooled.

I've had my fill of dirty politics from both sides and can't believe I was once dumb enough to belong to a Party myself. What was wrong with me that I did not see how sick Partisans from both sides are?

Partisans don't give a damn about the country at all, they view this like a Football Game, not as a decision that determines the countries future. Look what horrible candidates this mentality has lead to as they pander to an increasingly childish batch of voters. Partisan madness has filled Congress with worthless fools who can't even lead. It's reached a point where it is so bad that Reid has not even allowed a vote on the Budget even though he is breaking the law by not doing so.

I'd be ashamed to call myself a Democrat or Republican right now. This attacking candidates families is the worst though. You have to be a genuinely bad person to go after either candidates families.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

It's not customary for people in congress to do...but every president did release several years of returns in the past. This is really simple: If there's nothing bad in his returns, he should release them. If there's something bad he should STILL release them because people deserve to know the truth if he expects them to vote for him. If he continues not to release them, he can't be surprised if people believe he's hiding something.

Wouldn't this also be true for Obama's school records, financiers, college transcripts and all the other things we seem to be missing or are concerned about?

I think the goose-gander theory applies here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join