It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why hasn't the U.S. attacked Iran yet?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
As all of you know, a U.S. attack on Iran has been discussed here and many other places for years. I, along with many others feel that it is only a matter of time before the U.S. attacks Iran. I figured the U.S. would have attacked by now but they haven't. Why is this?

Are TPTB afraid of the Iranian military?

Is it because of the war weary soldiers that the U.S. has?

Does Iran have a nuclear bomb already and the U.S. knows this, and is afraid of the consequences of an attack?

Do TPTB know that attacking Iran will lead to the apocalypse?

Or, is it because for once TPTB are trying to avoid war?

The U.S. has been pretty quick on the draw in attacking other nations in the past. I just don't know why they continue this war mongering without action. I just been thinking about this lately and thought I would see what ATS had to say about this. Obviously, there are so many things that go into the decision to attack another country, that we most likely don't know about. What do you think?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
It's simple.

They have no way to deflect almost 10,000 missiles pointed at their Aircraft Carriers, US Green Zone in Iraq and Tel Aviv. It's impossible.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

So, they are just afraid of the massive amounts of lives and equipment that will be lost? That's kind of the direction I have been leaning towards as well.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
my theory is that Iran is such a big mouth and pain in the butt that its been decided to hurt them in the most significant way possible:

which just happens to be...not having a war with them.

think of it like this...as far as war is concerned and glory in military conquest, the United States is clearly the Heavyweight Champion of the World.

Iran is the Challenger that will never get a shot at the title.

they'll sit around forever and ever having discussion about what could have been.

as it is...they are no threat to anyone but themselves and its not worth the sweat.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

...plus, you know, there's no proof. There is a lot of conjecture going around, and Iran seems to be baiting everyone, but, ultimately, there's no proof.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

lease delete! Don't want to comment in retrospect!
edit on 19-7-2012 by Revolution9 because: change of mind!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The US will do what they are told when Israel tells them what to do.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The astrological, astronomical, and numerological signs aren't right yet. When they are, it will happen. Or not.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Maybe they have easier targets to focus on at the moment.....and saving the best for last.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Iran is such a big mouth and pain in the butt

what a ridiculous statement..

we haven't attacked Iran..

simply because there is no legitimate reason to do so..

there is no threat from Iran what so ever...

edit on 19-7-2012 by reeferman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Sorry but war can not be compared with boxing. You think that it's only equal nations that go to war!?!? It's always a heavyweight battering a 'lower weight' class in that respects.Look at Iraq, Afghan, South Ossetia, Chechnya etc etc etc.

Imo it's because Iran will be a bloodbath, much worse than Iraq and afghan have been. The public will not support it for long enough.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
It's simple.

They have no way to deflect almost 10,000 missiles pointed at their Aircraft Carriers, US Green Zone in Iraq and Tel Aviv. It's impossible.

That is cutting right to the heart of the matter. No one can say you beat around the bush. lol....

I'd agree though and add one thing. No one wants to be the name in the history books for who started this,. Everyone involved wants the title billing for the last chapter and ending....but not the first one. I think even this crop of leaders can appreciate the gravity and history everything they do right now represents. I'd say there really is such a thing as bad publicity.
edit on 19-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

you are right...Iran is no threat and that's why there has been no attack. They should keep it that way, not being a threat.

and those bases are in close proximity to a number of nations. why does everyone assume they are there for Iran?

maybe they were built in the region for UAE or Madagascar.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Maybe they're finally realizing that war isn't always the best option. Who doesn't want peace? Seriously does anyone think that the people of Iran want war? If you can't see the propaganda machine rolling at full tilt then you haven't been watching. People are starting to wise up and say hey, maybe 100 years of war is enough. It's time for peace, make it happen. This responsibility falls to all of us, politicians and citizens. People are people no matter what country they live in, or how much oil they sit on. Lets get the love machine rolling and refuse to give in to fear.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious

Sorry but war can not be compared with boxing. You think that it's only equal nations that go to war!?!? It's always a heavyweight battering a 'lower weight' class in that respects.Look at Iraq, Afghan, South Ossetia, Chechnya etc etc etc.

Imo it's because Iran will be a bloodbath, much worse than Iraq and afghan have been. The public will not support it for long enough.

or..its because Iran is not a threat at all, but only to themselves and that's why there has been no attack.

all of my research into this issue has lead me to the conclusion that a war with Iran only benefits Iran in the short and long term.

its completely obvious...the best thing is to let Iran explain to their people why the war its leaders have prepared for and spent much wealth on never materialized.

the Iranian people will conclude that their leaders are idiots and take appropriate steps to correct that situation.
edit on 19-7-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Waiting for the attacks at the olympics. So the whole world will be behind us.

terror attack maybe august 12th closing ceremony.

War august 17 with the new moon and proof who was behind the attack..... just guessing

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Well the reason the USA has not, nor ever will attack Iran is this? why would your first American Muslim President want to attack a country that is Muslim? he is much more likely to get rid of American & UK people than his own people, even with Israel being attacked daily, or the Christians being killed in many parts of the world he has not jumped to help them has he? some Christian people being killed in Africa (not same as his own area where he was born) have begged USA help, even the UK offered to help them but the USA told us to stay out of it.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
America only gets physical with the countries they know for sure haven't got nuclear weapons.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u
Well the reason the USA has not, nor ever will attack Iran is this? why would your first American Muslim President want to attack a country that is Muslim? he is much more likely to get rid of American & UK people than his own people, even with Israel being attacked daily, or the Christians being killed in many parts of the world he has not jumped to help them has he? some Christian people being killed in Africa (not same as his own area where he was born) have begged USA help, even the UK offered to help them but the USA told us to stay out of it.

There is a very good reason why Obama would be happy as a pig in slop if we got attacked and could be in a war where he controls it all from start to finish.

Presidents don't lose elections during wars. It's about that simple...and he's looking real rough on having much chance of winning another 4 years. An active war and especially one they think we'll believe was started 100% against us and well.....look at Bush. He was a laughing stock and a rather silly example of a leader before 9/11. He was barely taken seriously as some may recall. Obama no doubt sees that very clearly, IMO.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
As all of you know, a U.S. attack on Iran has been discussed here and many other places for years. I, along with many others feel that it is only a matter of time before the U.S. attacks Iran. I figured the U.S. would have attacked by now but they haven't. Why is this?

What do you think?

edit on 19-7-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join