It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's a curious question. How come some people are able to delete their accounts and others not?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
reply to post by Manhater

No one can technically "delete" their account, but there's more than one way to skin a cat. I'm not going to say it here, use your imagination, but there is a way to make it to where no one can see what you've done here lately that is of any relevance to what you've done here in the past.

This isn't making sense to me.

Could you please elaborate?

Are you suggesting making a new account?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

Yeah, someone said you can make two accounts, you just can't talk to yourself in the thread and carry on a conversation. I wouldn't do it.

edit on 19-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
reply to post by Manhater

No one can technically "delete" their account, but there's more than one way to skin a cat. I'm not going to say it here, use your imagination, but there is a way to make it to where no one can see what you've done here lately that is of any relevance to what you've done here in the past.

This isn't making sense to me.

Could you please elaborate?

Sure. And judging from your posting habits it wouldn't be hard for you to do. You've been a member for 4 months and you've already got half as many posts as I've acquired in 6 years. You stud.

Go into your profile and you'll notice that you can only access the last 800 posts. Load up on the cowboy coffee and reds, and start posting like it's Dec.20, 2012. If you do a bunch of one liners that keep conversations going, the mods won't mind and in the space of a day you've just hidden everything you've done in the past 2 or 3 months. You're not "technically" deleting your account, but if you see your account as being content of a certain type, then, well, you've deleted that content by posting 800 times in 24 hours, thus hiding the rest of it from the public. Get the picture?

And don't scoff, I saw a member here once, for whatever reason they had, rack up close to 3,000 in roughly 3 months. Talk about a posting frenzy. That's like 35 a day for 90 days straight. And there I thought I was opinionated. People come here for various reasons and leave for various reasons. Stick around long enough and you'll learn that you won't really know anyone's intentions unless you start PM'ing, e-mailing or otherwise talking to each other. That's kind of the nature of this site.

And yeah there's always the option of creating different accounts. You think the staff will mind? They're in the forum hosting business, among other things, so a lot of their revenue is contingent on how many members they have, and at last count this site has over 250,000. Quite the city they have here huh?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 19-7-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

Yeah, someone said you can make two accounts, you just can't talk to yourself in the thread and carry on a conversation. I wouldn't do it.

edit on 19-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

Yeah you would. In a heartbeat. After all, it's the only way you'll know you'll have an intelligent conversation and you won't be arguing with the "person" you're talking to.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join