It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antennae in a 14/15th century painting

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

Could be flagpoles, strange looking ones if they are lol.

I meant more like banners.

If you google the pic the consensus on the net seems to be on it being (pine) trees.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Ok, now you got me?

WTH is that? That ain't no sun?

When was that painted......do you know?

Jeepers! That is a good one............... I need to know more

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
A better version to help in the discussion (I hope).

I think the "antennas" are trees.

Cedars vs Pines perhaps?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
Try this one...

Esaltation of the Eucaristy by Bonaventura Salimbeni (1600)

Now those are antennae.

ETA: Forgot to add. The Catholics seem to always have some kind of sacred symbol on the end of a long staff or pole. So I assumed that's what these were as well. If they are antennae, then it must be an early version of HAARP.

edit on 7/19/2012 by Klassified because: eta

if this painting is from 1600....which is over 300 years before the first known satellites were in orbit....then there's obviously something that was seen back in those days, that has been ignored...who knows....maybe that object has been recovered, and is well within the secret vaults at The Vatican........something to think about

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonweed

Try this one...

Now those are antennae.

ETA: Forgot to add. The Catholics seem to always have some kind of sacred symbol on the end of a long staff or pole. So I assumed that's what these were as well. If they are antennae, then it must be an early version of HAARP.

if this painting is from 1600....which is over 300 years before the first known satellites were in orbit....then there's obviously something that was seen back in those days, that has been ignored...who knows....maybe that object has been recovered, and is well within the secret vaults at The Vatican........something to think about

Now we can see that what they are holding is not a metal satellite but a globe depicting the medieval Christian conception of the Universe. In images of the Trinity it is not an unusual element. Briefly, the conceptualization of the Universe was that of a sphere surrounding the fixed plane of the stationary Earth. You can easily see the sun depicted on the surface of the globe, between the "antennas". The light blue circle near Christ's left foot is taken to be some kind of porthole or lens, but it is really the moon. The lines on the sphere that may read as seams are important astronomical markers, like the ring of the zodiac. What appear to be antennas are no such thing. They are wands, frequently shown being held in images such as this by God, Christ or both. In this instance, as in others, the wands are apparently being used as pointers, as if the divine figures are presenting a lecture on their creation.

from a discussion of the same artwork back in 2005
www.abovetopsecret.com...

other artwork showing the globe or “Celestial Sphere”
sprezzatura.it...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
While I view said objects in question, as a hat and some form of decor made of poles and sticks,
there are also many other ancient paintings depicting very questionable items in them.

Here is a site where more of these anomalies can be seen:
energodar.net...

This written in a language that I don't know. Maybe one of you can read it

translated

UFOS IN THE BIBLE

in ancient times

In the Bible there are interesting places, which mentioned about some aircraft. For example, it is mentioned that as Ezekiel saw the wheel ", which raised it to another, the top wheel (Ezek. 1, 16). I.e. one UFO rose Ezekiel to another UFO. In the book of Revelation says that when the world is closer to a transitional condition in the sky appears a certain city (Rev 21, 2-27). Here, chances are it Pro mothership. And here is the detailed description of the arrival of their Lord on Mount Sinai:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by moonweed

Check out this blog about the artist and the painting. Of course it's only his theory, but interesting nevertheless. He gives some detail about the artist and year the work was commissioned.

The Mysterious Painting...

edit on 7/19/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Try this one...

Now those are antennae.

This depicts christ and god as co-creators of the world. They are clearly using the objects as one would use a pen. There is nothing even close to logic to suggest that this is a ufo.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Or this...

ZOMG!!

This is a halo. You know.... those things commonly depicted hanging above holy peoples heads in period paintings?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

According to "experts", the antennae are actually Scepters symbolizing divinity.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

No, sorry, pull the other one.

A Halo?

Yeah, sure.

In no way does it depict a halo, show me another halo that looks like that....please

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
You also talk as though giant Halo's light up the area above a group of people all the time and are common place............

Mmmmmmmm?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
You also talk as though giant Halo's light up the area above a group of people all the time and are common place............

Mmmmmmmm?

Yes, of course. Space aliens are the logical answer because it supports the reality you want to live in. Sorry... It's a halo. Instead of talking to me (whom you will undoubtedly argue with for eternity) why don't you ask an art history professor? I'll wager money his opinion isn't resting on "Flying Dicks"

edit on 20-7-2012 by DeadSeraph because: *disks

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

After sudying history to an M.A. level I can say with some certainty that many, many history professors are full of baloney. They like the undergrad girls more than they like their areas of expertise. Most were simply told what they believe anyway, backed by previous "historians".

CJ

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

After sudying history to an M.A. level I can say with some certainty that many, many history professors are full of baloney. They like the undergrad girls more than they like their areas of expertise. Most were simply told what they believe anyway, backed by previous "historians".

CJ

While your input here and your time spent at your education is valued (at least to me), it doesn't provide proof at all that the artist intended to depict a UFO as opposed to a halo. But hey... we will always see things how we want them to be, no matter what. That's why our world is so screwed up.

Maybe one of these day's a UFO will come and whisk you away and make it all better just like Jesus

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Originally posted by blupblup
Or this...

ZOMG!!

This is a halo. You know.... those things commonly depicted hanging above holy peoples heads in period paintings?

That’s "BAPTISM OF CHRIST" by Aert de Gelder

Even in the painting by De Gelder at the center of the circle of light is a small dove, or Holy Spirit:"
(In the background a hilly landscape, Jesus is baptized by John, among a circle of spectators. The two figures are illuminated by the rays coming from Dove high above them, in a general darkness ...)

We have already listed many examples dell'apparzione Holy Spirit in the section on the ' Annunciation by Crivelli, we now see a series of Baptisms of Christ. In many cases this is the same God the Father to be depicted on top of the Dove, within a circle (of clouds or light) in the sky

see sprezzatura.it... For other examples

It’s suppose to be the Holy Spirit, represented by a dove. If you look close at the disk, there’s dove there.
So, yeah, kinda of a halo.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

in this version I altered to add an old receiver
it looks like that could be a radio receiver on the back of the mule in the area I enlarged
maybe those trees could be antenna

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
it looks like that could be a radio receiver on the back of the mule in the area I enlarged

No, it doesn't.

maybe those trees could be antenna

May the mule could be a donkey, maybe the dogs could be mangy wolfs, etc., etc.

Even if those things were antennas, why are they always near the trees? Wouldn't that made reception (or transmission) more difficult?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join