It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strangely Relevant Movie Stuff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Here are some movie quotes that I've always thought were interesting. My favorite is the one from Three Days of The Condor, which was set during the energy crisis. I think the attitude still fits our government's attitude even today. My second most favorite quote is the one from A Long Kiss Goodnight. I saw the movie again a few months ago and was shocked to hear the conversation about killing 4000 people to justify a budget increase. The movie was shot in 1996...three years before 9/11. Interesting...

Please add your own conspiracy-based quotes if you like or comment on those that I have found. Funny how Hollywood knows stuff before the rest of us.

TURNER:Boy, what is it with you people? Do you think not getting caught in a lie is the same thing as telling the truth? HIGGINS:No, it's simple economics. Today, it's oil, right? In ten or fifteen years, food, plutonium, maybe even sooner. Now what do you think the people are going to want us to do then? TURNER:Ask them. HIGGINS:Not now; then! Ask em when they're running out! Ask 'em when there's no heat in their homes and they're cold. Ask 'em when their engines stop. Ask 'em when people who've never known hunger start going hungry. Want to know something? They won't want us to ask 'em! They'll just want us to get it for 'em.

-From Three Days of the Condor, 1975
:Turner - Robert Redford
:Higgins - Cliff Robertson

There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear. How we work. What we think. It's all about the information.

The world isn't run by weapons anymore. Or energy. Or money. It's run by little ones and zeroes. Little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

-From Sneakers, 1992

GINA DAVIS: " Budget cuts? Is that what this is about? Operation honeymoon...f**k me! You're running a fund raiser!"

SAM JACKSON: Fund raiser? (surprised)

CIA DIRECTOR: "1993, World Trade Center bombing, remember? During the trial one of the bombers claimed the CIA had advanced knowledge; (laughing) the diplomat who issued the terrorists visa was CIA, its not unthinkable they paved the way for the bombing, purely to justify a budget increase."

SAM JACKSON: (surprised) "You're tellin' me that you're gonna fake some terrorist thing just to scare some money outta congress?"

CIA DIRECTOR: "Well, unfortunately Mr. Hennessy I have no idea how to fake killing 4000 people, so we're just going to hafta do it for real. Oh, blame it on the Muslims naturally, then I'll get my funding."

-From A Long Kiss Goodnight, 1996

Now what happens if you dump free energy onto the world market, stock markets around the world would plummet, our own economy would collapse overnight, recession, unemployment, war....the world is speeding up too fast, we can barely hold on as it is.

-From Chain Reaction, 1996

A good conspiracy is unprovable. I mean, if you can prove it, it means they screwed up somewhere along the line.

-From Conspiracy Theory, 1997

Gabriel: Our job is to make terrorism so horrific that it becomes unthinkable to attack Americans.

Gabriel: Misdirection - what the eyes see and the ears hear the mind believes.

-From Swordfish, 2001

Redford: Happy? Seventy-five casualties, an apartment block leveled, one dead terrorist? Yeah, happy.
Pitt: We have some f**ked-up barometer for success, don't we?

-From Spy Game, 2001

Really? Let's see, who else has 27,000 nukes for us to worry about? -It's the guy with one that I'm worried about.

People called Hitler crazy. He wasn't crazy. Just stupid. You don't try and fight Russia and America. You get Russia and America to fight each other.

-From Sum of All Fears, 2002

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Braveheart quote: "William Wallace : Aye, fight and you may die, run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade all of that from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take away our lives, but they'll never take our freeeedoooomm. "

Demolition Man:

LeninaHuxley : I have, in fact, perused some newsreels in the Schwartzenegger Library.
JohnSpartan : Hold it. The Schwartzenegger Library?
LeninaHuxley : Yes. The Schwartzenegger Presidential Library. Wasn't he an actor when you...
JohnSpartan : But how? He was President?
LeninaHuxley : Yes! Even though he wasn't born in this country, his popularity at the time caused the 61st Amendment which states...
JohnSpartan : I don' wanna know. President?

The Manchurian Candidate (2004)

Eleanor Shaw : And it's not from random terrorists, but from covert alliances of disaffected nations who've all been made bold by this kind of Jordan one-worlder who believes that human beings are essentially good and that our powers are somehow, I don't know, shameful or evil and never to be used. Make no mistake. The American people are terrified. They know something's coming. They can feel it. And we can either shovel them the same old # and call it sugar or we can arm them. We can arm them with a young, vibrant Vice President. We can give them heat, energy! Give them a war hero with heart, forged by enemy fire in the desert in the dark when American lives hung on the balance!

Manchurian Candidate (1962)

Raymond Shaw : There are two kinds of people in this world: Those that enter a room and turn the television set on, and those that enter a room and turn the television set off.

new topics

join