It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romey Tweets About Paul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

twitter.com...

‏@MittRomney

Ron Paul’s “Audit The Fed” bill is a reminder of his tireless efforts to promote sound money and a more transparent Federal Reserve.

Well he has mentioned in the past, most notably on CNN's Debate, that he respect Ron Paul and thanks him for peaking his interest in the FED and the need to have it audited; also, that their wives are close friends. Yet I can see this as a vote grab.
edit on 19-7-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
All's fair in love, war and polotics.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

He's just saying what people want to hear obviously... anyone who thinks any differently needs a reality check. He's a corporate phat cat who profiteers off of underhanded financial manipulation. The last thing he wants to see is a fair and honest system which stops people like him from playing the system. Not to mention his campaign is backed by the same banks and financial powerhouses who rig the system in the first place. All he's trying to do is steal some of the "Audit the FED" spot light by putting on a show and flip flopping his beliefs to what people want to hear. It's completely obvious actually, their tactics are becoming as smooth and undetectable as mountainous terrain.
edit on 19/7/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Romney will say, and do anything to get votes.

If it got him more to say Ron was a nut, he would...

This kinda shows he atleast acknowledges the ron paul crowd as something worth pandering too.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Thank you for a wonderful thread highlighting the hypocrisy of the Ron Paul crowd.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Ron Paul says something and the man is a genius. Mitt Romney says the same thing and says he agrees with Ron Paul on this issue and it's an excuse to bash Romney. The only reason used to bash Romney in this thread is that he agrees with Ron Paul. Go make threads bashing other people here on ATS that agree with Ron Paul. Otherwise. You're Hypocrites.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

No see, I look at facts to make my decisions.

This was from a few months ago...Which do YOU think supports the audit?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by TKDRL

Ron Paul says something and the man is a genius. Mitt Romney says the same thing and says he agrees with Ron Paul on this issue and it's an excuse to bash Romney. The only reason used to bash Romney in this thread is that he agrees with Ron Paul. Go make threads bashing other people here on ATS that agree with Ron Paul. Otherwise. You're Hypocrites.

Hypocrites?

Ironically the point is Romney is the Hypocrite. He'll say anything to get a vote, then flip flop more then summer shoe fashion. Posting a Ron Paul blurb means nothing. Nothing, because it's just politics. It also worked, since we're having a discussion about it.

The Pauls are also politicians, so make what you want from it....

I was once a die hard Paul supporter, but right now I'm just sitting back watching the madness. Still a Paul supporter (will write him in), but Dr. Paul and co sort of did a 180 on me as a supporter in the last few months.

Great ideals, but working with the lions in the lion den isn't something I signed up for when I originally started supporting Dr. Paul back in 2007/8. The GOP is too far gone to even bask in the warmth of the ideology that the Paul movement will take over the GOP in 25 years... It's just more BS. The GOP is corrupted to the core (just the like the Dems), it's literally an impossible goal. There is no saving either party. There basically one in the same anyways...

Auditing the Fed is nice and all, but chances are with their charter ending soon, a name change will occur and we will never fully Audit anything... Ending the Fed (and any possible successor) is more like it, but that at this point and time will never happen.

It's all just political Madness.

Just because Romney posted a positive Paul tweet, doesn't change anything. ANYTHING about the man's history. He could have tweeted," the Sky is Blue " and had the same effect on effect. Means nothing.

Voting Romney or Obama, doesn't really matter... It's like Coke and Pepsi. It's all cola. When are people going to see it doesn't matter? Since Obama continued much of Bush's BS, can't we just call it what it is?

Too much ignorance in the country to even know a good thing when they got it. Didn't help that every major corporation/ media outlet attempted to hide it away with blackouts.. Dr. Paul would have been a wonderful President, but alas it's too bad he fell in the Lion's Den with his son...

Am I more cynical now as a result of the Paul roller coaster? Perhaps... Does that mean I should support Romney because his Campaign twitter person decided to tweet a Pro-Paul blurb? Nope...

If Dr. Paul or Rand Paul were on Romney's cabinet would that change my vote for Romney. Nope...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by squidboy

reply to post by TKDRL

Hypocrites?

Ironically the point is Romney is the Hypocrite. He'll say anything to get a vote, then flip flop more then summer shoe fashion.

Ok great show me where he has flip flopped on this topic. Thanks. Ironically Ron Paul supporters are acting like a bunch of spoiled brats who didn't get their favorite new toy for Christmas. Go look at the which candidate do you side with post.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Most of the Ron Paul supporters in that thread have high numbers for Romney with low numbers for Obama and I have seen most of them say if Ron Paul is not the nominee they will vote Obama.
So yes. Hypocrites. And spoiled brats.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

In what way does that make someone a hypocrite? Paul, Obama, and Romney all have vastly different views. Romney's seem like the worst of the three. A vote for Obama in an Obama vs. Romney race is just a vote for the lesser evil.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
and thanks him for peaking his interest in the FED and the need to have it audited;

Translation - He thanks Paul's efforts to publicize the fault's with the Fed so that he can be part of the solution...the profitable solution.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Hehehe, I love when the trolls come out to play.

If you love Romney so Much Occams Razor, why don't you do something positive for his campaign instead of taking swipes like...ahem like said spoiled brats.

Call me crazy, just saying.

P.S. pwned

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Proctor11

In what way does that make someone a hypocrite? Paul, Obama, and Romney all have vastly different views. Romney's seem like the worst of the three. A vote for Obama in an Obama vs. Romney race is just a vote for the lesser evil.

When they agree MORE with Romney's stance than Obama's yet say they will vote Obama because Ron Paul didn't get nominated that is acting like a spoiled brat. This whole thread is full of hypocrisy, I showed the evidence of it and you didn't address the actual reasoning I used.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by matthewgraybeal
Hehehe, I love when the trolls come out to play.

If you love Romney so Much Occams Razor, why don't you do something positive for his campaign instead of taking swipes like...ahem like said spoiled brats.

Call me crazy, just saying.

P.S. pwned

Last I checked many ATS members kept saying no one likes Romney. My showing the fallacy of that thinking is helping Romney. I notice how you were unable to disagree with my statement that people were acting like brats, I am glad you agree with me.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Your words not mine, I said, "said spoiled brats" It's contextual referring back to you, the sayer. But hey here's some nits to pick....

In my own words, I would say Ron Paul Supporters are actually the opposite of spoiled, what they are, are Furious Voters, making damn well sure the world hears the plight of The unheard majority of Americans. Far too many instances of mass-suppression of this candidate has that effect on people.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by matthewgraybeal

Your words not mine, I said, "said spoiled brats" It's contextual referring back to you, the sayer. But hey here's some nits to pick....

In my own words, I would say Ron Paul Supporters are actually the opposite of spoiled, what they are, are Furious Voters, making damn well sure the world hears the plight of The unheard majority of Americans. Far too many instances of mass-suppression of this candidate has that effect on people.

Yes nothing like voting for the candidate that has destroyed our economy and personal freedoms, the candidate whose policies you least agree with, to spite another candidate. You're right, that's pure class.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
That was vague. lol

Go back to sock puppet HQ, and check if the fax got my resume. I've been trying to get Stratfor to hire me for years now.

Oh and start a thread in The Cryptozoology section of this site for a little more credibilty, everyone sees right through your personae. You need a better cover. No better yet start over, new cool name maybe not like Occams, but like Gandalf_86.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by matthewgraybeal

I have absolutely no idea what you are even talking about. I consider it a good thing.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

reply to post by TKDRL

Ron Paul has a history to back up what he says with evidence he believes it. For Romney however, these are just words. He probably doesn't care either way personally.

new topics

top topics

join