It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Countries That Work Out The Most (And Least)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Not sure how accurate or true the study holds but nevertheless, its an important factor with the fast paced life that most of us live around the globe.

All told, Hallal and colleagues found that Malta was the least active country in the world, followed closely by Swaziland and Saudi Arabia. In fact, 71.9 percent of Maltese people qualified as inactive. To give some context, the United States had an inactivity rate of 41 percent and the country with the highest activity level, Bangladesh, had only 4.7 percent of its adult population operating with habitual inactivity. Other active winners include: Mozambique, with 7.1 percent inactivity; Benin, with 9.1 percent inactivity; Mongolia, at 9.4 percent and Cambodia at 11.2 percent./quote]
Your thoughts/opinions/viewpoints/comments please.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Do you have a link to a source for this information? I am interested in seeing all of it.

I think it's very interesting that the U.S. is supposed to be one of the countries with the highest obesity rate, and yet it is a larger percentage of active people than some of the other countries. But again I'd like to see the source.

join