It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worrisome Message from Acting ATF Director

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
here's a video released by Sen Grassley that features acting ATF acting Director Todd Jones, that Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa., and Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif, feel could be interpreted as a threat to future whistle blowers, in an attempt to prevent another Fast & Furious scandal..

Take a look at the clip and let us know what you think..

More information can be found in this news article:

www.foxnews.com...

I am going to watch the clip now to see how the message appears to me..

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Worrisome indeed!

It seems typical of governments. They do something bad, and threaten those who dare to speak out about it. You cannot have an all powerful government when it's internally criticized and threatened by people who want to expose how it's inner workings function. This video alone should be enough to make people do something about the scandal. Pitiful.

link   
Without more background to the speech it is hard to determine the intentions, but it sure does sound like if you work for ATF and don't strictly follow the chain of command there will be some serious consequences. The way he says serious consequences, several times, with it's vagueness, sounds more threatening than if he were to say exactly what the consequences would be.

Not good for the America I knew.

link   
WOW......

Translation: "Whistleblowers beware......"

There's no other way to interpret this.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

That's pretty creepy, but I'm not surprised.

I'm sure directors of all departments do this every now and then after a scandal. I just don't think they do it was publicly as the this ATF director did.

Strange indeed.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The government is made up of people.

If it is bad, the people are bad.

The constant separation is the root cause of our issues.

Divided we fall.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I agree that it does sound like a veiled threat to future whistle blowers. At first it was a little unambitious but when he start talking about respecting your chain of command and bringing concerns to your superiors, it seemed clear what he was referring to. When he refers to abiding by the 'rules' of the ATF, I think he was talking about the unwritten ones.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Well I just viewed the clip, and I can definitely see where it has some folks concerned, it does have the air of "loose lips sinks ships"

It's easy to "jump" to conclusions for sure, but without the entire context to draw from, it's hard to say that this is specifically tied to the F&F deal..

They (ATF) may just have a systemic breakdown that the director is trying to rein in..

One thing for sure, Sen. Grassley isn't going to be invited to the ATF picnic.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This is typical of any megalomaniac with an agenda be it a teacher in a classroom a parent at home or a politician in an office.

They arent sorry they did anything wrong. They're sorry they got caught.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
LOL!!!
They are scared and running, shaking their fist in the air, at the air.
This video scrrrrreams when you blow the whistle, do so anonymously as we will prosecute you for being honest.
I call for this tools resignation as he does not have the backbone to serve the US best interests.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Yup, that's what I get from it. Play by their rules and report whatever to a supervisor and we'll reward you with either a transfer to a lower department or a pink slip.
Getting more and more of the feeling of a dictatorship then anything else.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
in other words he was saying something to the effect of, please don't tell the American people how much we are fking them over nor who is doing it. use the chain of command and tell your CO, which he\she already knows since they ordered it, so they can file it away and see that nothing is done. this way we can keep secret the farce we have for a government and we can more readily identify honest agents and deal with them accordingly behind closed doors.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Since this video clip seems to have been meant for ATF eyes only, I was wondering where Sen. Grassley got the video to post up on youtube.

It appears to have been given exclusively to a Baltimore Fox affiliate, and then passed onto the Senator..

www.foxbaltimore.com

..."If you don't abide by the rules, if you don't respect the chain of command, if you don't find the appropriate way to raise your concerns to your leadership there will be consequences." Tough talk from ATF Acting Director B.Todd Jones that is part of a video series titled "Changecasts" that were distributed to bureau employees.

We showed our exclusive video to Iowa Senator Chuck Grassley. Grassely says the remarks were intentionally designed to scare ATF agents from coming forward, like those that showed up at Grassley's door 18 months ago to lift the curtain of secrecy behind a federal gun running program that failed miserably and left a border patrol agent dead. "It ought to be a wake up signal for everybody in the Congress who wants to do their job of constitutional oversight. You can't put up with agency heads like this having this attitude."...

So far this story is seeing little MSM coverage as evidenced by this search .

I think it's easy to see that the YT clip was made from a device during a showing of the series, perhaps a smartphone in video mode?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
A few west coast papers and a couple of whistleblower advocate sites have picked up on this..

Still nothing from the Big news folks, besides FNC..

Is this a "sweeping" or just something that amounts to nothing?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Gee Wizz..... Big brother has teeth! lol

God help us as we continue down the rabbit hole....

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
For ATF eyes only. Heh.. Im sure theyre noting to themselves, dont play fast and furious with firearms and dont put anything on video that you dont want to own.

Anyway, yeah, not surprised though. I know lesser govt entities who's threats are so thinly veiled you have no question.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Very serious.

Looks as if they want no soldiers, military, police or other to stand in the way when guns are being taken away.

When they deem certain neighborhoods as clusters of insurgents, they use the Un to go diffuse the situation.

Many of our finest are already on standby from what I have read here and in other news, so this to me represents the implementation of the final stage.

Wow, I am passing this one on.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The BATFE is a few letters and about 10 agencies more than our Government needs doing law enforcement. One would do at the federal level. Let the states have all the smaller ones...but this is a cowboy agency as some folks in Idaho and Texas learned real hard. They've never improved, IMO. Disbanding them would be a dandy place to start austerity.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Aww is the ATF worried now? So much for transparency and such. Respect the chain of command and don't rat us out
Figures that this is being ignored by the msm. It would totally sink their claims about the F&F investigation. I guess whistleblowers are only hero's when they come out during a republicans administration.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Wow... This is no different than any other crime organization, other wise known as a gang. They do not like 'rats' and are letting it be known.. Although in a more vague way, seeing how they can not just come out like any other gang and say something like.. Snitches get Stitches.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join