It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uncommon Knowledge: George W. Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

George W. Bush says his eight years in office were "awesome," but the 43rd president no longer has a desire for the public eye.

"Look, eight years was awesome," Bush said in a recent interview with the Hoover Institution uploaded to YouTube on Tuesday. "You know, I was famous and I was powerful, but I have no desire for fame and power anymore."

FULL HOUR INTERVIEW

ca.news.yahoo.com...

I saw him in Calgary, his first interview almost a year after he left office, and also purchased his Memoirs (All proceeds went to charity), and I will admit he is an interesting man with a wild life behind him. (I recommend the Memoirs to anyone, even though I'm sure he himself didn't write it; propaganda or not).

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Fame and power.All the right reasons to enter politics.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Can I just ask something, in regard to the first 2 minutes of the interview; when will the World Series actually include the rest of the world?

Apart from that, I'm enjoying this interview, a lot.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Yep, out of the millions available, the son of the 41st Prez, was the most qualified to be our 43d Prez.
Looking forward to 2016 when the wife of the 42nd Prez, becomes our 45th

Aint politics grand!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I like how a man that was president for 8 years simply has "an interest in politics". I feel like the people that are going to put them selves in that position should have more than just some kind of an interest, it should almost be a way of life. I have an interest in football, but I'm 5'6" and weigh 120...doesn't mean I'll be good at it.

I laughed my ### off when he said that line about not being able to read...just the way he said it cracks me up!

WHAT AN IDIOT! What's worse is people voted for this ahole.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

MLB includes players from all walks of life...therfore anyone that is good enough to play on that level has the oppurtunity to represent the place they come from. So to answer your question, the rest of the world is included...thye just need players good enough to play with the big boys. Not any schmoe can walk onto an MLB team and get the kind of paychecks they hand out.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
You know, President Bush (we can still bestow that title on you because in America we respect the office), will the families and friends of the dead soldiers killed in the elective war in Iraq you started feel awesome about it the rest of their time on Earth? Will the soldiers maimed for the rest of THEIR lives feel awesome, too? Will the poor and middle class, the sick and elderly, feel awesome paying for the debt you left the nation when you funded but didn't pay for the wars you started?

Shame on you! Better yet, curse those who told you to run for office!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie
I like how a man that was president for 8 years simply has "an interest in politics". I feel like the people that are going to put them selves in that position should have more than just some kind of an interest, it should almost be a way of life. I have an interest in football, but I'm 5'6" and weigh 120...doesn't mean I'll be good at it.

I laughed my ### off when he said that line about not being able to read...just the way he said it cracks me up!

WHAT AN IDIOT! What's worse is people voted for this ahole.

Meet the new boss....same as the old boss....(The Who, "Won't Get Fooled Again). I really don't need to say anymore.

new topics

top topics

join