It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jesus the only way to God?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackJack
reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

Touche, you are a good researcher. You have read all there is to read and made an informed decision. That is all one can do. It is not like the old days when the mystery of Christ was not known to everyone. Now, it is all available via the Google. All one has to do is study, as you have, and decide. Now... we wait....

I smell sarcasm...

I only wish the "mystery" of christ was realized by everyone like you say my friend...

Unfortunatly this isn't the case sadly... If it was, everyone would help one another regardless of race or creed... regardless of personal judgements or opinions of others. IF everyone understood Christ there would be peace on earth... not war, famine, and chaos. People are more concerned with their own possessions, there own needs and have no interest in the needs of others. Governments only make the situation worse....

No my friend... Christ remains a mystery to most... even many of those who claim to follow him...

edit on 19-7-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

lol to be honest I have no clue, there could be a god for all i know. I'm just really bored and trying to piss people off but I don't think its working, If believing in a god makes you a better person go for it

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by EvanB

I like your style no semantics.

Really doesn't matter AK you believe your own interpretation of Gods word I guess and I really don't.
edit on 19-7-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

There is an excluded middle here that needs to be stated. As we consider the way or ways, does it really matter in light of John 2?

23 Now while he was in Jerusalem at the Passover Festival, many people saw the signs he was performing and believed in his name. 24 But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all people. 25 He did not need any testimony about mankind, for he knew what was in each person.

Our testimony is not needed by Jesus. Why? The answer follows in verse 25. When Jesus says he's the only way, we should take heed. Our reasoning of Jesus and His way matters little as he calls us, we do not call Him. We either know his voice or we do not. The call to us is up to him, not us.

Why do we need to confess Christ to men? As we have free will, we can choose to more our heart in position to receive the call. This is the point of faith instead of God revealing himself as fact. Faith avoids duplicity. If we seek, Jesus calls back. If we knock, Jesus is faithful to open the door.

It's now what we do, but what has been done for us. This does not mean we cannot seek and knock on our own. Jesus answers either way. In the end, He calls us all eventually. We still need to answer.

I like the benevolent message you point too. I just don't think I would offer it as advice. If you want truly to be sure you're saved just call on his name and he will know what's in your heart. I believe this.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakewirick
reply to post by jhill76

lol to be honest I have no clue, there could be a god for all i know. I'm just really bored and trying to piss people off but I don't think its working, If believing in a god makes you a better person go for it

To me, you couldn't if you tried. Below has done far worse, than any man could come close to. But, I think the others won't respond because they do not want to go back and forth. I am interested in what all have to say, whether I agree or disagree.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

If you want truly to be sure your saved just call on his name and he will know what's in your heart.

How would one know they are saved still? You said call on his name and he will know, but how will the caller know?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by Murgatroid

You've got some SERIOUS issues to deal with if you actually believe that the blood of Jesus is "extra stuff". The BLOOD of Jesus is the ONLY way you will ever make to Heaven.

Do not take my questions/comments as my stance on a subject. My intent is not because I do not know, but to gauge others responses.

Like I said, you've got some SERIOUS issues to deal with...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

reply to post by Murgatroid

You've got some SERIOUS issues to deal with if you actually believe that the blood of Jesus is "extra stuff". The BLOOD of Jesus is the ONLY way you will ever make to Heaven.

Do not take my questions/comments as my stance on a subject. My intent is not because I do not know, but to gauge others responses.

Like I said, you've got some SERIOUS issues to deal with...

Because I look to see what others have to say about many different things? And, many wonder why the world is the way it is, because of assumptions and comments like these.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

reply to post by EvanB

I like your style no semantics.

Really doesn't matter AK you believe your own interpretation of Gods word I guess and I really don't.

There is an excluded middle here that needs to be stated. As we consider the way or ways, does it really matter in light of John 2?

23 Now while he was in Jerusalem at the Passover Festival, many people saw the signs he was performing and believed in his name. 24 But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all people. 25 He did not need any testimony about mankind, for he knew what was in each person.

Our testimony is not needed by Jesus. Why? The answer follows in verse 25. When Jesus says he's the only way, we should take heed. Our reasoning of Jesus and His way matters little as he calls us, we do not call Him. We either know his voice or we do not. The call to us is up to him, not us.

Why do we need to confess Christ to men? As we have free will, we can choose to more our heart in position to receive the call. This is the point of faith instead of God revealing himself as fact. Faith avoids duplicity. If we seek, Jesus calls back. If we knock, Jesus is faithful to open the door.

It's now what we do, but what has been done for us. This does not mean we cannot seek and knock on our own. Jesus answers either way. In the end, He calls us all eventually. We still need to answer.

I like the benevolent message you point too. I just don't think I would offer it as advice. If you want truly to be sure you're saved just call on his name and he will know what's in your heart. I believe this.

I knew you did. I was pointing it out for the others you were speaking to. I have read your posts enough to know you express solid faith with all your words. I always enjoy reading your posts.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I think it is pretty apparent that according to the Bible,having faith in Jesus absolutely is the only way of salvation. What exactly that means is where the difference in interpretation seems to begin. There can be no doubt in my opinion, if the Bible is valid, it plainly states that salvation comes through Jesus whom in fact was God in the flesh. But if you believe that the bible is just a bunch of garbage it really doesn't matter anyways.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by JackJack

ugh..

He did not claim to be God... :bnghd:

John 8:56-59

56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.”

57 Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?”

58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

59 Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

He claimed to be Hayah. Who is Hayah? In Strong's Concordance, I AM ( HAYAH ) is #1961. Hayah is the hebrew word for "I AM". How did Yeshua see Abraham if he wasn't 2000 years old? Because he is Hayah just like he said

Exodus 3:14 14 And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

In John 8 the jews asked him how he saw Abraham when Yeshua was under the age of 50, when i said "Assuredly, before Abraham was, I AM" he was claiming to be Hayah and the jews knew this which is why they picked up rocks to stone him because he committed blasphemy.

John 10:33 33 The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”

In John 10 we see this same reaction, except the word "God" is actually not God but Adonai which means Lord or Master. You see, the Master of Israel is the King of Israel, the King of Israel is YHWH just as the prophets say. The first Shavuot at Mt. Sinai was when YHWH offered to be their King, but Israel didn't want a Spirit King, they wanted a flesh and blood King, so he gave them what they wanted 1500 years later he showed up as Yeshua.

Dunno why i am even bothering with you.
edit on 20-7-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I have no idea why you bother with me... we've been through this dance many times... and you never win

Ok smart guy, hows this...

Mark 1
11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

12 And immediately the spirit driveth him into the wilderness.

13 And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan; and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered unto him.

The voice from heaven was Jesus i suppose? Speaking to himself?

What did he say? Thou art my beloved son?

You're blinded by your religion my friend... wake up

edit on 20-7-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by jhill76

The only way to have a relationship with God is through his son Jesus Christ. Not by imitating how he lived, but rather by having a change of mind about who he is and believing he rose from the dead. Once you have accepted him into your heart God will send the Holy Spirit to reside in you. Only once you have become born again can you have a relationship with God.

I respect you and your beliefs.... But im sorry to say and hopefully you will not get offended, but Jesus is more light and love than you give him credit for.

You may think you are going to heaven and im going to hell.... Thats fine. Just remember the heart does not lie in the face of God. Your hearts intent either resounds in love or it doesnt. Love does not keep record nor does it judge. Jesus said, " God is love". In order to know either Jesus or God, you first have to learn, understand, and give ( and receive) LOVE.

LOVE does not burn souls for eternity. This lie... Is from the opposite of love and its meant to not only deceive but to divide. Look at the world today. Its proof.

You raise an interesting point. One I have pondered for awhile. My cousin and his church believe something similar to what you are stating and I would hope for it to be true however I have been considering the nature of God.

If God is love and purity etc then how can we come to him with sin? It would be a pollutant in a sense and therefore could not abide in God thus the concept of salvation/redemption being necessary for reasons which I dont fully understand yet I believe hinges on the fact that God because of free will created a set of rules which even he goes by because he can not be wrong. (kind of like the movie Dogma).

Just throwing this out for consideration. Perhaps Gods plan does ultimately redeem everyone (the idea of multiple resurrections has lead me to this) and this would be closer to what you have stated? However God is still playing by his set of rules which all of creation revolves around and thus the reason for the drama playing out before us in all of our lives which causes us to question the lord. Example being arguments like "Why does God allow the devil to exist?"

Ultimately it is a matter of faith and I have FAITH that God is good. Our very existence is evidence considering by definition God does not need and therefore we are not necessary yet God allows us to continue through his mercy and grace.

Another thought touching on my last point though a bit off topic but I have considered the idea that we were created so that God could experience himself through us. Could anyone elaborate on this? I am merely a seeker and do not hold any answers but would love to hear someone who could bring me closer to understanding.

Oh and also to the OP I am not judging you only speaking from my own experience but the fact that you apparently believe in Christ yet question his message and intent are a sign of weak faith. I myself have been through this quite often however you are saying that you believe he existed and that he was good which as far as I know is only evidenced in the Bible yet you are choosing to twist/re-interpret his words as well as cherry picking because you are excluding the other statements about him from his followers. Basically I am saying how can you use the bible to believe in Christ yet you dont believe the other things in the bible that were written about Christ?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta

Basically I am saying how can you use the bible to believe in Christ yet you dont believe the other things in the bible that were written about Christ?

*I think I should put a disclaimer in my threads from now on, I have answered this question more than once today. Do not take my questions as my stance on a subject. I am posing these questions to gauge responses from others, nothing more.

I do not need the bible for anything, I only use it as a reference point when speaking to others on here.

Oh and also to the OP I am not judging you only speaking from my own experience but the fact that you apparently believe in Christ yet question his message and intent are a sign of weak faith.

I am not questioning his message, reference my above post.
edit on 20-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

May I ask what you are getting out of attempting to confuse people with statements that you yourself do not believe? The question you asked is kind of nonsensical for the reason I stated in my previous post. Yes perhaps the disclaimer would help to avoid confusion. Something like WARNING: Conjecture incoming reply at your own risk! This is not meant to be inflammatory I just do not see the reasoning for the contradictions.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

This deserved a separate reply.

Another thought touching on my last point though a bit off topic but I have considered the idea that we were created so that God could experience himself through us.

Father has stated, he created another like himself, different from the angels to be like him, without the God aspect though. As the angels do not think on their own and are creative, unlike man is. Angels only do what they are told.

Man is only here on Earth to learn. Man has to become perfect, by learning to be perfect, not be created perfectly or told how to be perfect.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

May I ask what you are getting out of attempting to confuse people with statements that you yourself do not believe?

Look at what this thread has done? It caused others to think, to really pull out some meaty answers and not superficial ones. It caused others to stand strong in their beliefs. Could I not be the one to cause a movement within?

I am not attempting to confuse anyone. If you know the truth, you should be able to defend it, by whatever is thrown at you.

Do you learn best by everyone being in agreement, or best by others challenging you?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Double Post.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

This deserved a separate reply.

Another thought touching on my last point though a bit off topic but I have considered the idea that we were created so that God could experience himself through us.

Father has stated, he created another like himself, different from the angels to be like him, without the God aspect though. As the angels do not think on their own and are creative, unlike man is. Angels only do what they are told.

Man is only here on Earth to learn. Man has to become perfect, by learning to be perfect, not be created perfectly or told how to be perfect.

It is my understanding that were created perfect only we were willing participants in deception which defied Gods will thus the result being that we have to run through the obstacle course of life to regain our perfect status? I dont think we were put here merely to learn why we are here but this is just my opinion on the matter. I feel the intent is because God loves. That to me is why we are here. The reason its so messed up is because of things like your original question. The intent behind questions like that is to try to find our own way to salvation rather than simply trusting in the lord to do what he says or for our own pride because we are unwilling to submit to the lords will.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

It is my understanding that were created perfect only we were willing participants in deception which defied Gods will thus the result being that we have to run through the obstacle course of life to regain our perfect status?

If man was created perfect, he would have never gave in.

I dont think we were put here merely to learn why we are here but this is just my opinion on the matter.

I did not state man is here to learn why he is here. Man is here to learn to be how Father wants him to be, by going through many things to become perfect.

I feel the intent is because God loves. That to me is why we are here.

Father loves? That is why he put man on Earth with the conditions the way they are, because he loves? I don't see the logic in that answer.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Things are not messed up because of one that questions...

Things are messed up because there are charismatic people leading in places they do not belong...

People put there trust in those that barely understand the basics of spirituality...

there are those that listen to preachers, and those that read for themselves... Those that read do not bother to listen to others because the truth is right in front of them.

Those that listen to preachers are as good as blind..

and we know what happens when the blind follow the blind.... right?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join